I booked the hilltop villa during their promotional period. A 3D2N stay only costs me around S$660 and I must say it was very well-spent.
Albeit nothing much to do in the villa itself (cos it's still undergoing construction), my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
We kept ourselves occupied with the free WiFi access and the Wii games. Private pool allows us to dip into it as and when we feel like it. Cans of soft drinks and mineral water were all complimentary and we absolutely laze around in the villa, relaxing.
When doing nothing gets a bit too boring, we took their complimentary shuttle out to town for shopping. I thought I would have to squeeze with others in a mini bus but no I was wrong. A Toyato Wish came and the journey was very smooth and comfortable.
Note: The complimentary shuttle is only available at 10am daily and if you wanna take their complimentary shuttle back to hotel, you will have to wait till 4pm. If you think 6 hours of shopping is too long, that's when you are wrong.
Considering the time taken to reach the shopping area, you have only about 5 hours left to shop. If you want some cheap massage, that's another 90 minutes gone. So theoretically speaking, you are only left with 3.5 hours to shop and eat.
Anyway, back to the resort. Below are the pros and cons in our opinion.
(1) Extremely friendly staff.
All of them have a smile on their faces. When we took a morning walk down to the restaurant and back to our villa, we encountered many staff on bungy. All of them greeted us when they drove past us. We said like at least 10x of 'good morning' in one morning. Lovely!
(2) Extremely helpful staff.
In continuation of the above point, the staff in bungy always offer to give us a ride to our destination for which we kindly decline. The resort is big but it's not tough to walk around actually. A walk from the lobby to the restaurant takes about 20 minutes. My husband and I prefer to walk and enjoy the scenery.
DELICIOUS! It's on the high side but what do you expect ya... it's a resort!
(4) Villa pool
Love it to bits. I consider the pool to be very clean but the handles where we used to pull ourselves up from the pool needs re-constuction. It's way too low. I couldn't possibly lift myself up from the pool. My husband would have to give me a push from behind.
(5) Indoor entertainment
There's Wii, free WiFi, DVDs, many different channels on TV, you will never be bored.
(1) Bed and pillow way too soft for me.
(2) Montigo resort is supposed to be new but unfortunately, many things inside the villa are in bad shape. The sofa in the living room is no longer white. The mirror in our bedroom is cracked. The seats at the roof terrace are all turning yellowish brown.
Note: If you find the massage service rendered by Montigo is too expensive, head down to the shopping malls outside. I had a 90 minutes full body massage for IRD 70,000. That's less than S$10 and it was shiok (meaning extremely good).
I would definitely bring my kids over the next time, when there's another promotion. :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your Montigo Resorts Nongsa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montigo Resorts Nongsa Batam