“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

To be frank after reading the earlier reviews, I am quite hesitant about this trip. A coin have 2 sides so just take all reviews with a pinch of salt.

We spent our holiday celebrating CNY eve over there and I expected it to be crowded but thankfully there wasn't alot of people. The crowd started coming in on CNY Day 1 onwards. That makes a difference as the staffs are able to give a better attention when the crowd is not around. Thus the resort needs to take note how to handle the crowd during peak season.

Like what others said, the place is beautiful and at a closer look there were dirts and some furnishings are not in good condition. The place is huge and maintenance is quite a challenge here. The things i experienced
1) Master bedroom aircon - off and on by itself. Good thing there was a fan
2) Ants in the Master bedroom
3) Stains on the white sofa.
4) The kitchen floor was "flooded" as the rain had seeped in from the outside. (How did this even happen?)
5) Room was dusty (my hubby had sensitive nose) and i guess it was dusty because no one stayed in the villa for awhile until we came in.

The good things about the trip
> Excellent customer service. I have to say we are very well taken care of. Recep Staff is doing a good job and we also ordered a in villa BBQ. Pricey but the service was good.

Regards to the stained furnishings reported by others, other than the poor maintenance by the resort, i felt that as guest using the place should take good care of things too. If we have dirtied the sofa example, we should at least do some minimum cleaning up and not just let the stain sit and making it harder for the resort to clean afterwards. Just my 2 cents of worth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback.

I have taken note of the issues that you have highlighted and have discussed this with our operational leadership with a view to improve on our service standards.

I wish to also thank you for your kind comments on our staff and our service.

We look forward to your return soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm writing this review while waiting for lunch to be delivered to our villa#37. Ordered mee goreng and spring rolls, at a mark up of the restaurant menu price.

It is raining. It has been raining since breakfast, which we had in the restaurant (breakfast in the villa is chargeable)
It is very cool, and we have been lounging in the spacious living area/ balcony facing the calm horizon, with singapore's identifiable skyline in the distance.

We enjoyed our room service lunch on the half flooded balcony. In the noon light now, I can clearly see that even though this hotel is new (now in prelaunch), the floor tiles are stained and the white seat covers equally not pristine. The white bath towels we rolled out over the sofa last night appear unevenly soiled and greyed, even though they smell laundered.

Yesterday, we arrived at 5pm, after waiting more than half hour at the terminal after clearing customs. we had to wait for all 26 guests to clear customs and assemble before we were herded up a mini bus. Took us but a10min ride to the resort grounds. Check in was swift. But we would have been less sulky if we were driven in in smaller vehicles, so that we didn't have to feel like we were hindered as if in a tour group. So that we would feel the resort's bold "luxury" claim and pricing from the start.

The rows of mediterranean styled three storey villas look impressive From any angle. It's very spacious for a couple like us. Probably better utilised by a family. There are after all two bedrooms, an open rooftop, a cooking area.

My husband just announced that the roof is leaking into the master bathroom toilet and our floor mats are soaked.

Looks like finishing isn't this resort's forte. Btw in the dim light last night I noted what I thought was fungal growth on the wooden tv console in the master.
But My husband blew off the 'mushrooms' which turned out to be powdery excretions by termites! Shudder.

Despite being disappointed by (1) The DVD player not being able to run the DVDs we brought (different region!! But you can borrow from 30 titles from the reception, n there's cable entertainment and wii console) (2) The foc wifi not allowing me to surf on google and facebook on my ipad, only on our iphones (3) the master bedroom aircon chugging like a ten year old condenser, we enjoyed our one hour Indonesian massage at a reasonable sgd100 each.

Also, we appreciated that the staff seem genuinely keen and helpful. My prawn and chicken sate was undercooked last night. I gave feedback, showing the manager the raw parts I had spit out. He promptly offered a replacement. But I was full. He arranged for a complimentary dessert, which we politely declined. The sate charges were removed from the bill. Thankfully too, I have not taken ill from the raw bits I might have consumed.

We had chosen montigo over banyan tree bintan (to save sgd200/ night..montigo sgd445 vs banyan us$500). However, we would have have probably experienced the same or better in sentosa onedegree15 or The Sentosa (save time, save money, eat better, contribute to my own country) or even one of bintan's better resorts, for a quick escape from Singapore over Chinese New Year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experince.

Please accept my apologies for the lapse in our service standards of cleanliness and food quality which I have addressed with my team. I have also taken note of your suggestions.

Rest assured that each of our guests' feedback is shared with our team so as to ensure a continuous exercise of improvement with a genuine desire to deliver a delightful stay for our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope that I could meet you in the resort in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Views were beautiful on a right side, left side of the view is construction view.

Check in was fast and easy with warm welcome from the staffs. Hence i THOUGHT the service level was there.

I was wrong ! We realised the master bedroom aircon is down , called for technican, both times he came down , promised it will be working in 20 mins. It doesnt work , room was stuffy and hot.

Afterwhich , we called the 3rd time - simply NO SHOW.
Called the 4th times - reception said will look into in and arrange for someone to come down- AGAIN, NO SHOW AT ALL - we gave up , spent the night in master bedroom with full speed fan turned on and sweating the whole night.

Requested for ice , ice bucket was sent w/o the ice , oh dear , called Montigo service hotline , thrice for ice , reminder call and after reminder calls for ice , NO SHOW , was really disappointed and appalled at the service level.

Didn't mind if the service is slow , but totally unacceptable for promising something and it didnt turn up. We can forgo the toilet door can't be lock , sofa is dirty , swimming pool lights are faulty, your B&O speakers are electrical short circuit - it's shocked my hand everytime i touch it , air con is not working. But please look into your service level , need some major revamp!

Please do something about it! 5 stars facilities , 2 stars service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
My sincere apologies for us being unable to deliver an acceptable service standards.

Rest assured that I will be looking into the operational issues together with my Executive Team to ensure that we improve our service delivery.

I would love to speak with you to gather more detailed information. I seek your indulgence to give us a call at +627787768888.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I look forward to speak with you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

hi guys this is long over due as i had promised to write a report on the venue since i spent my last weekend there. i have read prior to going over that the place wont that great but my were they wrong! Yes it may not have the finest finishing but the place and view is amazing! the 3 storey house was perfect with your own private pool and 2 bed rooms, both bath rooms were excellent and the bathroom amenities are great ( i am not one to use bathroom amenities provided by hotel). The manager and assistant managers made the whole experience a much more enjoyable stay and offered us unparalleled experience! i will def be back soon esp when the whole place is fully open in June! Note to friends who read this, dont be so picky and enjoy a wonderful & quiet weekend from the hustle and bustle of Singapore. ( This is not a paid testimonial but a true report, should you require more infor pls inbox me). Thank you Montigo resort!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the garden suites as they have more privacy than the hill top suites!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I am delighted that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind words. My team and I will continue to improve our services in order to give all our guests a truly relaxing and memorable experience.

We look forward to your return real soon.

singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Spent a week end there recently.
Very good service, but no beach ....
I would be keen to meet the investors in this resort, as there are many areas of improvement that could make it a great place even though there is still plenty to do.
6 months after opening, it is still work in progress

Room Tip: Get a room at the sea side
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

Some of our facilities are in the finishing stages and will be coming online within the next couple of weeks. We also offer several activities now for our guests including spa treatments, recreational actitivities and our second restaurant has also recently opened. We are working with our development team closely to ensure that the remaining facilities come online at the earliest opportunity.

My team and I will be delighted to assist you with any information that you are looking for and we can be contacted through our contact number +627787768888.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to talking to you soon. Thank you

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went for a short 3D2N getaway with my family. We booked 2 villas. The resort is very new and 80% ready. The villa has got 3 storeys, on the first floor its the living area and infinity pool. Very nice and clean. On the 2nd floor there are 2 bedrooms, 1 of the bedroom which is pretty small had a twin bed and shower facilities, the other bigger one has a king bed and lot of empty space around which can accommodate a few more people on the floor (not sure if they allow), and this room has got huge shower facilities include a big bathtub. Nothing much on the 3rd floor, probably can sit around there during the night to chill. The view in the morning and night was great, you can even see Singapore from far. Breakfast was not too bad. However, please note that there is practically nothing much to do in the resort. You can ask the reception to arrange for transport for you to go out, however this is going to cost quite abit. The nearest mall "Nagoya" is 45 mins away and the nearest seafood place is 15 mins away. Overall, it's still quite a good stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your detailed feedback which is truly appreciated.

I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

I have also taken note of our shortcomings. We are continually striving to offer additional activities for our guests which we have recently launched through our own recreation team and also a vendor to offer activities like bicycle trails, kampong tour, fishing trips, cooking classes and sea sports activities. We have also recently re-opened Pantai, our seafood restaurant. There are many more services that we will launch over the next couple of weeks.

I am confident that you will be able to enjoy these changes on your next visit for which we are looking forward to. Thank you

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

After seeing all the wonderful pictures & reviews posted by others. I finally got the chance to experience Montigo Resort for myself. It was indeed a great experience I must say. The resort was beautiful (although it wasn't really completed) but the peace you get during your stay was really good - it was quiet, and felt really exclusive with each of the individual villa. Service was awesome as well, smilely staffs, prompt service, and you do feel as if they are only servicing you at the villa! :)

There were 11 of us, so we booked 3 villas. It was really ALOT of space for us, so it will really be great if they could accomodate more than 5 pax per villa, cause at the end of the day, a getaway with friends is really to hang out together, so we definitely would not need so many villlas.

Other than that, the private pool was the hightlight for us. We bought floats and was basically fooling around in the pool the entire day, floating and watching the world go by. Nice :)

They have a mini kitchenette which was awesome! but the only hindsight was that the fridge could be a little colder - we were intending to cook so we bought food from Nagoya on day1 but ended up throwing away the ingredients cause the fridge didnt manage to chill it well, and it turned a little bad. But other than that, it was well equipped!

IIo agree some of the furniture are looking tired. a little more effort for the facilities management is really required to upkeep the place. However, the rooms were spacious & pretty - comfortable beds, great view - what else can you ask for? Great trip I would say. Would definitely love to go back someday!

Room Tip: Room 3, 5, 6! No blockage of view and really need the main restaurant and pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I happy that your friends and you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have also taken note of your feedback on our mini-bar and the upkeep of our furniture. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our maintenance department so that it can be worked upon as part of our continous effort to improve and provide a memorable stay for our valuable guests like yourself.

I look foward to your return real soon. Thank you

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!