“An excellent getaway weekend from Singapore!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Save Saved
You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“An excellent getaway weekend from Singapore!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

hi guys this is long over due as i had promised to write a report on the venue since i spent my last weekend there. i have read prior to going over that the place wont that great but my were they wrong! Yes it may not have the finest finishing but the place and view is amazing! the 3 storey house was perfect with your own private pool and 2 bed rooms, both bath rooms were excellent and the bathroom amenities are great ( i am not one to use bathroom amenities provided by hotel). The manager and assistant managers made the whole experience a much more enjoyable stay and offered us unparalleled experience! i will def be back soon esp when the whole place is fully open in June! Note to friends who read this, dont be so picky and enjoy a wonderful & quiet weekend from the hustle and bustle of Singapore. ( This is not a paid testimonial but a true report, should you require more infor pls inbox me). Thank you Montigo resort!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the garden suites as they have more privacy than the hill top suites!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am delighted that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind words. My team and I will continue to improve our services in order to give all our guests a truly relaxing and memorable experience.

We look forward to your return real soon.

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Indonesian first
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Spent a week end there recently.
Very good service, but no beach ....
I would be keen to meet the investors in this resort, as there are many areas of improvement that could make it a great place even though there is still plenty to do.
6 months after opening, it is still work in progress

Room Tip: Get a room at the sea side
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

Some of our facilities are in the finishing stages and will be coming online within the next couple of weeks. We also offer several activities now for our guests including spa treatments, recreational actitivities and our second restaurant has also recently opened. We are working with our development team closely to ensure that the remaining facilities come online at the earliest opportunity.

My team and I will be delighted to assist you with any information that you are looking for and we can be contacted through our contact number +627787768888.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to talking to you soon. Thank you

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went for a short 3D2N getaway with my family. We booked 2 villas. The resort is very new and 80% ready. The villa has got 3 storeys, on the first floor its the living area and infinity pool. Very nice and clean. On the 2nd floor there are 2 bedrooms, 1 of the bedroom which is pretty small had a twin bed and shower facilities, the other bigger one has a king bed and lot of empty space around which can accommodate a few more people on the floor (not sure if they allow), and this room has got huge shower facilities include a big bathtub. Nothing much on the 3rd floor, probably can sit around there during the night to chill. The view in the morning and night was great, you can even see Singapore from far. Breakfast was not too bad. However, please note that there is practically nothing much to do in the resort. You can ask the reception to arrange for transport for you to go out, however this is going to cost quite abit. The nearest mall "Nagoya" is 45 mins away and the nearest seafood place is 15 mins away. Overall, it's still quite a good stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your detailed feedback which is truly appreciated.

I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

I have also taken note of our shortcomings. We are continually striving to offer additional activities for our guests which we have recently launched through our own recreation team and also a vendor to offer activities like bicycle trails, kampong tour, fishing trips, cooking classes and sea sports activities. We have also recently re-opened Pantai, our seafood restaurant. There are many more services that we will launch over the next couple of weeks.

I am confident that you will be able to enjoy these changes on your next visit for which we are looking forward to. Thank you

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

After seeing all the wonderful pictures & reviews posted by others. I finally got the chance to experience Montigo Resort for myself. It was indeed a great experience I must say. The resort was beautiful (although it wasn't really completed) but the peace you get during your stay was really good - it was quiet, and felt really exclusive with each of the individual villa. Service was awesome as well, smilely staffs, prompt service, and you do feel as if they are only servicing you at the villa! :)

There were 11 of us, so we booked 3 villas. It was really ALOT of space for us, so it will really be great if they could accomodate more than 5 pax per villa, cause at the end of the day, a getaway with friends is really to hang out together, so we definitely would not need so many villlas.

Other than that, the private pool was the hightlight for us. We bought floats and was basically fooling around in the pool the entire day, floating and watching the world go by. Nice :)

They have a mini kitchenette which was awesome! but the only hindsight was that the fridge could be a little colder - we were intending to cook so we bought food from Nagoya on day1 but ended up throwing away the ingredients cause the fridge didnt manage to chill it well, and it turned a little bad. But other than that, it was well equipped!

IIo agree some of the furniture are looking tired. a little more effort for the facilities management is really required to upkeep the place. However, the rooms were spacious & pretty - comfortable beds, great view - what else can you ask for? Great trip I would say. Would definitely love to go back someday!

Room Tip: Room 3, 5, 6! No blockage of view and really need the main restaurant and pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I happy that your friends and you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have also taken note of your feedback on our mini-bar and the upkeep of our furniture. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our maintenance department so that it can be worked upon as part of our continous effort to improve and provide a memorable stay for our valuable guests like yourself.

I look foward to your return real soon. Thank you

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here in Dec 2012 for our parent's 30th wedding anniversary :)

I learnt from the staff that all the rooms are in the exact same layout, meaning all rooms are 2 bedroom villas. Might be too huge for a couple getaway, but perfect for the family getaway over the weekends. best part to me was that it is only 30mins away frm Singapore :)

There were 5 of us, coming up to abt $600 (after extra bed cost). Costly for a night stay but we all had a great time! The beds are huge and extremely comfy! Bathroom is also huge with a huge bathtub. Wii set kept us entertained when it drizzled. My 2 yr old nephew absolutely loved the pool!

The staff were all very warm and proactive. The place is huge, so we moved ard in buggy(s). They always come very quickly each time we call for pick up. I had the best spa session ever! highly recommended! We all really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to all at Montigo for making our parents' wedding anniversary a really memorable one!

Tip: bring some food! :D well equipped kitchen. can enjoy a simple cooking session with some instant noodles, can food, japanese curry etc, and enjoy ur meal by the pool with the great view. Resort provides some complimentary snacks and drinks in mini bar :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
My sincere appreciation for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted that we were able to make your parent's wedding anniversary a memorable one.

I hope that your family, friends and you will return to enjoy another holiday with us real soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

breathtaking. was greeted by the spectacular view of the ocean the moment my partner and I stepped out of the minibus. Every moment spent at Montigo was paradise- my partner and I enjoyed a private dip in the pool, lost in the mesmerising landscape.

Even though only one restaurant was running (soft-launch), the food was well thought out and delicately put together. We had all our meals at that one restaurant and never once felt bored of the food. (P.s. the view from the restaurant is great).

Read a few reviews about the "slow" service. Well, it is a wee bit slow, but hey, we are on a vacation and it is a nice little island, so lets chill and take it slow. Some service staff took some time to comprehend our requests, but they were so earnest about serving us that you just can't get angry with them.

Slowly, you will be charmed by this resort.

TIP: this resort is best suited for a SHORT getaway. Keep it short and sweet and partake of the simple beauty of this resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very happy to know that you were able to chill out and enoy your stay. I am happy to share that we have opened our second restaurant on 1st February offering a nice seafood experience. More F&B offerings are in the works and will be opened real soon.

My team and i look forward to your return and my sincere gratitude for sharing your feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

With any new resort, there are a few teething problems, also expectations need to be adjusted for Indonesia.

Staff were very friendly, and tried to be as helpful as possible, but they often did not know the informaition we were after: such as suggestions for activities outside the resort (shopping and watersports), the main pool was broken and they couldn't tell us when it would be fixed, they didn't offer the Day Spa pool as an alternative - we found that the next day.

As others mentioned, the linen had things like mascara and make up marks on the pillows (but they had been cleaned), I believe management is attending to this. Also the villas were surprisingly worn for a resort 6 months old, possibly due to design issues and poor selection of materials (white cushions and timber trims in the bathroom).

Other issue was the wine list was a) short, and b) fairly average selection. BYO to the restaurant is not really an option (corkage is $30 USD). We are told they are in the process of improving it, but it has a fair way to go - Australian Red on offer: Penfolds Rawson Retreat - yuck!

All of that aside, the food was superb, the scenery was amazing, the Day Spa sensational, Yatch Transfers (30 mins from Singapore!) well worth it. And - for a super cheap price.

Highly recommend being adventurous with the indonesian dishes on the menu (ham and cheese sandwich was the only bad dish we had). In-Villa BBQ is a great option where a BBQ is set up and a chef will come and do the hard-yakka for you (and clean up after you!).

I have raved to all my friends and colleagues and I am looking forward to going back very soon!

Room Tip: All Villas have great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
My sincere thanks for taking time to share your valuable feedback.

Thank you for sharing our shortcomings which I will continue to work with our operational heads to ensure improvement. I am confident that you will see the improvement on your next visit.

I am delighted that you enoyed our food especially our in-villa BBQ. We will continue to work on providing more options for our guests like our recently opened seafood restaurant.

I look forward to your return and my sincere thanks for sharing your experience with your friends.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa.

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!