“Great Getaway for Friends & Family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Getaway for Friends & Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

After seeing all the wonderful pictures & reviews posted by others. I finally got the chance to experience Montigo Resort for myself. It was indeed a great experience I must say. The resort was beautiful (although it wasn't really completed) but the peace you get during your stay was really good - it was quiet, and felt really exclusive with each of the individual villa. Service was awesome as well, smilely staffs, prompt service, and you do feel as if they are only servicing you at the villa! :)

There were 11 of us, so we booked 3 villas. It was really ALOT of space for us, so it will really be great if they could accomodate more than 5 pax per villa, cause at the end of the day, a getaway with friends is really to hang out together, so we definitely would not need so many villlas.

Other than that, the private pool was the hightlight for us. We bought floats and was basically fooling around in the pool the entire day, floating and watching the world go by. Nice :)

They have a mini kitchenette which was awesome! but the only hindsight was that the fridge could be a little colder - we were intending to cook so we bought food from Nagoya on day1 but ended up throwing away the ingredients cause the fridge didnt manage to chill it well, and it turned a little bad. But other than that, it was well equipped!

IIo agree some of the furniture are looking tired. a little more effort for the facilities management is really required to upkeep the place. However, the rooms were spacious & pretty - comfortable beds, great view - what else can you ask for? Great trip I would say. Would definitely love to go back someday!

Room Tip: Room 3, 5, 6! No blockage of view and really need the main restaurant and pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I happy that your friends and you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have also taken note of your feedback on our mini-bar and the upkeep of our furniture. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our maintenance department so that it can be worked upon as part of our continous effort to improve and provide a memorable stay for our valuable guests like yourself.

I look foward to your return real soon. Thank you

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here in Dec 2012 for our parent's 30th wedding anniversary :)

I learnt from the staff that all the rooms are in the exact same layout, meaning all rooms are 2 bedroom villas. Might be too huge for a couple getaway, but perfect for the family getaway over the weekends. best part to me was that it is only 30mins away frm Singapore :)

There were 5 of us, coming up to abt $600 (after extra bed cost). Costly for a night stay but we all had a great time! The beds are huge and extremely comfy! Bathroom is also huge with a huge bathtub. Wii set kept us entertained when it drizzled. My 2 yr old nephew absolutely loved the pool!

The staff were all very warm and proactive. The place is huge, so we moved ard in buggy(s). They always come very quickly each time we call for pick up. I had the best spa session ever! highly recommended! We all really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to all at Montigo for making our parents' wedding anniversary a really memorable one!

Tip: bring some food! :D well equipped kitchen. can enjoy a simple cooking session with some instant noodles, can food, japanese curry etc, and enjoy ur meal by the pool with the great view. Resort provides some complimentary snacks and drinks in mini bar :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
My sincere appreciation for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted that we were able to make your parent's wedding anniversary a memorable one.

I hope that your family, friends and you will return to enjoy another holiday with us real soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

breathtaking. was greeted by the spectacular view of the ocean the moment my partner and I stepped out of the minibus. Every moment spent at Montigo was paradise- my partner and I enjoyed a private dip in the pool, lost in the mesmerising landscape.

Even though only one restaurant was running (soft-launch), the food was well thought out and delicately put together. We had all our meals at that one restaurant and never once felt bored of the food. (P.s. the view from the restaurant is great).

Read a few reviews about the "slow" service. Well, it is a wee bit slow, but hey, we are on a vacation and it is a nice little island, so lets chill and take it slow. Some service staff took some time to comprehend our requests, but they were so earnest about serving us that you just can't get angry with them.

Slowly, you will be charmed by this resort.

TIP: this resort is best suited for a SHORT getaway. Keep it short and sweet and partake of the simple beauty of this resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very happy to know that you were able to chill out and enoy your stay. I am happy to share that we have opened our second restaurant on 1st February offering a nice seafood experience. More F&B offerings are in the works and will be opened real soon.

My team and i look forward to your return and my sincere gratitude for sharing your feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

With any new resort, there are a few teething problems, also expectations need to be adjusted for Indonesia.

Staff were very friendly, and tried to be as helpful as possible, but they often did not know the informaition we were after: such as suggestions for activities outside the resort (shopping and watersports), the main pool was broken and they couldn't tell us when it would be fixed, they didn't offer the Day Spa pool as an alternative - we found that the next day.

As others mentioned, the linen had things like mascara and make up marks on the pillows (but they had been cleaned), I believe management is attending to this. Also the villas were surprisingly worn for a resort 6 months old, possibly due to design issues and poor selection of materials (white cushions and timber trims in the bathroom).

Other issue was the wine list was a) short, and b) fairly average selection. BYO to the restaurant is not really an option (corkage is $30 USD). We are told they are in the process of improving it, but it has a fair way to go - Australian Red on offer: Penfolds Rawson Retreat - yuck!

All of that aside, the food was superb, the scenery was amazing, the Day Spa sensational, Yatch Transfers (30 mins from Singapore!) well worth it. And - for a super cheap price.

Highly recommend being adventurous with the indonesian dishes on the menu (ham and cheese sandwich was the only bad dish we had). In-Villa BBQ is a great option where a BBQ is set up and a chef will come and do the hard-yakka for you (and clean up after you!).

I have raved to all my friends and colleagues and I am looking forward to going back very soon!

Room Tip: All Villas have great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
My sincere thanks for taking time to share your valuable feedback.

Thank you for sharing our shortcomings which I will continue to work with our operational heads to ensure improvement. I am confident that you will see the improvement on your next visit.

I am delighted that you enoyed our food especially our in-villa BBQ. We will continue to work on providing more options for our guests like our recently opened seafood restaurant.

I look forward to your return and my sincere thanks for sharing your experience with your friends.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed here over the NYE celebrations and had a wonderful time. Coming from Singapore it was a slower pace, but this is a resort and exactly what we were looking for. This is a brand new resort and still In the soft opening stage - at NYE the beach club is still under construction, but it looks amazing due to open in qtr 1 2013.

The villas were very spacious and well presented with B&O entertainment system and Wii to keep the kids entertained. We stayed in one of the hilltop villas which gave fantastic un-interrupted views of the sea and the Singapore fireworks at NYE.

We organized a BBQ at the villa and it was perfect. There was more than enough food, serving prawns, calamari, fish, chicken, beef and lamb - I definitely need to get back to the gym after this trip!

Thank you for a great NYE/stay at your resort. I feel totally relaxed and recharged and can't wait to come back soon and see the new facilities underway.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
I wish to thank you for sharing your views.

I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your NYE with us and my team and I look forward to your return.

Wishing you a wonderful year ahead.

Aloysius MIchael
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

i sort of 'discovered' this new resort when i was deciding if we should go for the jetski safari @ Batam view hotel. My extended family of 7 went ahead with a 2 days 1 night stay with this hotel just to try out the beachfront villa category. I told myself to keep expectations low as i read from other reviews that there are no activities to do there and they're still renovating the place. they mentioned in march 2013 they will have sea sports centre together with a swimming pool and another restaurant.

The pros:

-The counter staff lets us check in early around 12+ (check-in time officially 2/3pm). Maybe it's a weekday.

-Villa is spacious. 2 rooms (a twin and a double room) are on the second floor. first floor is the living room and small pool/ diping area (1 metre deep). rooftop is BBQ area (if you decide to have BBQ under the stars).

-Total 3 bathrooms inside the villa (1 on the first floor, 1 inside each room) very adequate for large groups. very good rain showers. Honestly i felt the showers are the best thing in this trip.

-Staff will go around in a 'cart' to visit your villa and ask if you need to replenish any villa supplies (water, minibar, towels, or anything you might need) in the evening. Minibar is free of charge by the way. It's the usual coke, sprite in there.

-Good day/night view from the villa balcony. however, you can see Singapore marina bay sands across the sea (not sure good or bad). Villa and villa view all very photogenic. so snap away.

The cons (for us at least):

-everywhere u go, you will need to wait for a buggy to fetch you (eg. breakfast, lunch, dinner, spa, or elsewhere). Distance is not too walkable as it's quite steep and not that near to the main areas. unless you stay in the villa beside the restaurant.

-not much beach to speak of. just dirty seawater cornered off. i think they're creating a man-made beach now in the process.

-Stairway Lights and blinds controller were spoilt and it gets reallly dark. But we called the service side and they fixed it within the hour.

-new resort but obvious stains are everywhere. on the floor, sofa, table etc. well it's a beach resort so i guess it's understandable. did i mention insects are everywhere too.. don't leave any food in the open please. ants will attack in mass. oh and mini spiders on the bed etc..

-its a soft launch. so as usual most of the hotel facilities are not ready. thus, we went to the hotel spa pool and jacuzzi and it's very dirty with dead insects in the waters. Jacuzzi jets are almost non-existence and not pressure not strong enough.

- expensive BBQ menu. Be prepared to pay around $60++ PER pax for the usual bbq food you will get in Singapore and it's ala carte, meaning it's counted by per stick, per chicken drum etc. we didn't order in house rooftop BBQ package, but we order hotel food for dining in. portions not big, just fyi.

-Breakfast is buffet style as its a friday morn. Very limited. not delicious. Nothing fanciful. But they have an egg station. i heard breakfast is ala carte (just a breakfast set) on weekdays. I hope they can improve their buffet breakfast.

-villa is designed in a way that the building walls are open style. meaning when u walk up and down the stairs or onto the rooftop, people from other villas will see you. Not very private if you want privacy. there are blinds to let down though and it will get a bit stuffy as there is no air con circulating in the stairway.

Oh and lastly, there is really nothing much to do there. no beach to walk on. for now. Maybe everything will be ready after March 2013.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Your detailed feedback is truly appreciated.

I have taken note of both the pros and cons. I have shared your feedback with my operations team especially with the leaders with a view to improve upon the cleanliness, pool condition and to check on the electrical systems.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in our standards. I am also working with our development team to bring up our remaining services at the earliest opportunity. In the meantime, our recreation team continue to assist guests to conduct activities like cycling, kampong rails, fishing trips etc and even to work with an independant provider to provide sea sports activities and ATV trails.

I sincerely hope that you will return to our resort soon especially as we open our facilities in the upcoming months.

Lastly, wishing your family and you a fabulous new year ahead.

Sincerely

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Montigo Resort (2D1N), 45min ferry ride plus 10min shuttle bus service provided by the resort free. Reached the resort at 12pm and was able to get the room by 12.30pm.

Overall, the villa is good, stayed in Hill side villa. 3 story (1st - Living Room, Pool. 2nd - 2 bedroom 3rd - Open concept rooft top)

1st floor consist of a kitchen with electrical stove. As side from the usual fridge and water boiler, pots and cutleries are also provided which i'm pretty surprise. Wii is also provided and there are games to choose from the reception counter. There are also other medias such as DVD players and a Iphone dock speaker. The plunge pool is a disappointment. The pool is dirty and murky. I wonder do they ever do a cleaning before their guest check in.

Bedrooms on the second floor are relatively ok. However like what others have mentions, bedsheets are dirty. The bath tub and the shower area looks dirty.

Nothing much to say about the roof top except the view is splendid.

In my opinion, if you are not a fussy person this place is great for family and friends. However, the place is relatively new but the things are showing signs of aging.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
My appreciation for taking your time to share your valuable feedback.

Whilst I am glad that you found our villas spacious, I have taken note of your comments on our cleanliness in both the linen and plunge pool.

Rest assured that steps have been put in place which includes changing our laundry supplier to improve the condition. I have also shared your experience on the plunge pool cleanliness with our Chief Engineer for improvements.

Please accept my sincere apologies for these lapses. I dh hope that you will return to our resort and see the improvements.

I would also like to wish you a fabulous 2013 ahead

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!