“A new resort worth returning to” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Save Saved
You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“A new resort worth returning to”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Montigo Resort is in soft opening now with few operating facilities and restaurant options but will be complete in 2-3 months with an extensive beach club, 2 pools, 2 restaurants, kids club and retail. For this 3 night/4 day short break to celebrate my wife's birthday,chill and re-charge the batteries with the family, it was a good choice. We found Aloysius, Jordan and the resort team to be very hospitable and accommodating as well their very friendly staff at front desk, Ayaz the Guest Relations & Loyalty executive, the housekeeping and restaurant staff. In particular Mukti "the magic man", Harry's and Dian who run activities and the kids program. Very entertaining, engaging and patient guys with kids. The Indonesian massage at the Spa was also very good .There are of course improvements and standards consistency in the Villa services, restaurant & room service offerings etc but am sure this will be addressed by Aloysius and team before full opening when higher prices and expectations of luxury customers.dictate. Thankyou to all who made our short break most enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I have also shared your appreciation of our staff with them and they are truly happy that they were able to make your stay a memorable one.

I wil continue to strive with our team to improve that services that we have, as and when they come online.

I am looking forward to your return in the very near future.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I wouldnt recommend this resort to anyone right now. I personally feel we were a little ripped off paying $400 odd a night during the soft opening phase for what we got.

The Villa is fabulous. Very spacious with nice furniture and private swimming pool. However should you want to leave your room there is a man made pond which is brown and dirty, this leads down to a rather weird bamboo walk way which is overgrown with trees, we wernt sure if we were meant to be walking down here until it lead to the pool. I have a better pool in my condo and the beach on the East Coast of Singapore is more inviting than the one in front of Montigo Resort. I really hope the hotel is looking to develop these 2 areas or I can't see this place being appealing to anyone planning on spending time out of their room whilst there.

The view is nice, though was a tad disappointed at being able to look out and see Raffles Place (my office) from the table at dinner, bed in the morning, balcony over lunch and whilst enjoying a beer in the pool.

The staff were great, all very friendly, they speak good english and were always quick to our room when we ordered a buggy.

Was a little disappointed that the breakfast buffet (bread, ceral, fruit) was only available on the Sunday morning, meaning the only option we had on Saturday was to order from the ala carte' menu - which is only 1 dish. The menu in the restaurant at dinner, doesnt give a lot of options - though the food was good. The room service menu has a lot of options, though we were a little disappointed with the quality of the food.

Town is quite the drive, a good 40 mins so be ready for that should you want to go into town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

My sincere apologies for us not meeting up to your expectations. I will continue to work with our development team to ensure tha the services are ready at the earliest opportunity.

I have also taken note of your comments on the buffet breakfast and will work with our Chef with an intention to improve the selection.

I do hope and look forward to your return in the near future.

Thank you very much.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Montigo is very new hence if you prefer a beach getaway with everything in place, you may consider staying in this resort in mid to late 2013. Montigo has potential when they are ready but until then there are several items which they can improve on so that there will be more returning guests after the soft opening.

Villa
The size is very good for family or a group of friends. The main entrance wall were made up of planks which you can see through when you walk pass. For some it feels a lack of privacy but it is part of the design that gives you the resort feel. There are two rows for hillside villa and the view would be great if you are on the first row as it is directly facing the beach. Mine was the center row hence the view from my pool was the front villas.

Layout and cleanliness
Simple and basic furniture with minimal decorations. There were lots of post renovation stains/marks on the floor and walls, insects are almost everywhere especially mossies. As Montigo is still building the resort hence it is normal that the furniture tends to get dusty. Because the place is new hence insects will conveniently come in since villa is empty most of the time. Perhaps with all the construction still going on, my skin became itchy when I am either sitting on the sofa or sleeping on the bed. The most less desirable experience was I got badly bitten by the mossies (face, fingers, legs and shoulder).

Minibar
At the moment the mini bar is complimentary but the items provided are too little which I believed when the place starts to get busier, there will be more variety. Do bring your own snacks if you could. The teapot and cups were dusty but not a big problem.

Restaurant and food
Only one restaurant is available but they can work on the table/utensils hygiene. The table/utensils have lots of sands which could be from the construction site. At the moment they do not have breakfast buffet since occupancy is low but they may consider to have a menu buffet in which guests can order whatever they want. This method is organic and prevents food wastage.

Even though my review seems to be less positive but I did enjoyed my stay as the staff were friendly and helpful. Some may not speak very well but you can tell he/she is putting efforts to chat up with you. Do not compare Montigo with other resorts as they are new and they had mentioned that now is soft opening so visit the place with an open mind if you are fine that most of the amenities are not ready. Will I visit Montigo again? I will when everything is ready.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I appreciate that time taken off your busy schedule to pen down your detailed comments.

It is true that we are in our pre-opening stage and we are working closely with our development team to ensure that our services are completed at the earliest opportunity. At the same time, I have taken note of your feedback and shared it with both our development team and our operational team so that we can look into the improvements.

I am confident that you will feel the improvements when you visit us next.

I am looking forward to your return visit soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were staying in the hill top villa .
We really enjoy our stay in this place and the service is really very impressive. If you guys are planning for a relaxing trip and unexpected fishing tour experience you can look for Mukti Ali one of the manager there....cheers

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your valuable feedback.

I am truly glad that you had an enoyable experience at our resort. I am also happy that Mukti was of assistance in making your stay a memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Me and my friends checked-in last weekend for a hen's night party at montigo resort! We were greeted by the amazing views at the reception! The welcome drink is great as we juz had our massages n everyone was dying for a drink.

The friendly staff gave a very good and brief intro of the resort. We tested everything n seemed fine then started cooking our own dinner. The kitchenette was small and handy but would be great if the utensils range can be a little wider like salad bowl, scissors, can opener n bottle opener. We bought our own ice cream cones but they melted becoz there is no freezer. The rooms are generally very well kept with the exception of the first floor living room where giant ants can be found crawling all over.. Although the ants didnt attack us or anything we still need to spend some considerable amount of time to get rid of those crawling over mats as we were sitting on the floor.

The pool was the best thing we had a great chilling session there. As per the other reviews, yes the floors are generally slippery! Even with our feet dry, we were at risk of falling down a few times. Probably if the resort can add a few more lights to the pool area, we can enjoy the pool a little bit more in the evening as we didn't use the pool the moment it gets dark.

The breakfast is actually quite okay for gal's appetite not for guys. Surprisingly, their food is not spicy for a singaporean's taste bud. So for those who really want spicy food, please highlight in advance.

Basically, there were more pros than cons. The staff didn't really understand English do it was a bit difficult if we need to get something and they take slightly longer. I supposed this is due to the huge compound.

Should at least go 2 nights to fully enjoy the stay. My gal friends can't wait to go back for a second trip!

• Stayed October 2012

I am delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay. I have also taken note of the various areas for improvements and will work wih my operational team to ensure that these are looked into for improvement.

I look forward to your friends and your return real soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at the Montigo Resorts Hilltop villa for 2 nights. Everything abt the villa was good except for the stairs leading to the bedroom.. It rained during our stay at the resort and the steps leading up to the bedroom was wet as it can be and very slippery. As i was with an elderly and a child, i got a bit worried. There was a bit of a problem with the blinds, which doesnt go all the way down, so that doesn't help at all in keeping the rain out..

And the food and its range can be improved..we ordered room service for lunch, some dishes were a bit bland, the rendang did not taste like rendang, but i was told that, that is the balinese way of cooking it..so i guess i can't argue much, there...choices for complimentary breakfast was limited but view from the restaurant was fantastic.

Staff were friendly and my overall stay was good. I hope to be able to visit an improved Montigo Resort soon.

Room Tip: I visited the spa and based on the view from the bottom, I think, the hilltop villas provide more pr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted that you found our villa good and staff friendly. I have also taken note of the 2 points namely the wet stair situation and the food selection and tastes. I will work with my operational leaders to ensure that we look into this with an intention to improve.

I am confident that you will see the improvement on your next visit. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I would say the service and villa pretty meets my expectation for the price we paid. There are some minor teething issues but it's part and parcels i suppose. Service from the entire team were extremely good. Their enthusatic smiles and volunteering to take group pics for us were a bonus.
The only disappointment was the breakfast. I wish it could have a generous and hearty spread in the next future when we next visit.

The villa was spacious and we pretty much had a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am happy to note that you found our resort beautfiul and enjoyed the services of our staff. I am confident that you will see improvements during your next trip as we continue to tweak and improve on our servie and product standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!