“Relaxing getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Save Saved
You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore
“Relaxing getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I would say the service and villa pretty meets my expectation for the price we paid. There are some minor teething issues but it's part and parcels i suppose. Service from the entire team were extremely good. Their enthusatic smiles and volunteering to take group pics for us were a bonus.
The only disappointment was the breakfast. I wish it could have a generous and hearty spread in the next future when we next visit.

The villa was spacious and we pretty much had a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I am happy to note that you found our resort beautfiul and enjoyed the services of our staff. I am confident that you will see improvements during your next trip as we continue to tweak and improve on our servie and product standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at Montigo Resorts in a hilltop villa for 4 nights. Check in was a breeze, and the hot towel and lemongrass tea were most refreshing! I really appreciated that it only took us 5 mins from the ferry terminal to the resort.

The Villa is really nice. What you see in the pictures, is really what you get! I would agree with some of the other reviewers that cleanliness was not top notch, but it wasn't such a big issue. It is true that the villa doesn't offer much privacy...the staircase is in full view of other villas, or the road depending on where you are. There seem to be automatic blinds that you can close, but these were not working in my villa.

It was lovely to have a pool on the patio, but again, you are in full view of your neighbours if they look down from upstairs, as well as the villas across. It is also very difficult to get out of the pool, as there are no railings you can use to pull yourself up and out of the pool. In our case, anyone who happened to see, would have had a good laugh as we desperately tried to get out of the pool using the steps which were cut into the side of the wall. It is hard to have your foot in the 'step' and then pull yourself out with no help from a railing! You can see from one of my pictures that the railing does not extend out of the pool!

Please, please,please (I cannot stress this enough) be careful when you get out of the pool! There are no bathmats to dry your feet on, and if you step foot onto the floor in the villa, it is extremely slippery! My husband fell, my daughter fell, and the room service guys all slipped when they came to deliver out meals!

The master bathroom is huge! I am puzzled by the lock being outside the door as opposed to being on the inside! Again, as earlier mentioned in one of the posts, there is a small step in front of the sinks which we all very painfully hit our foot against numerous times. This was also where I fell coming out of the bathroom. Even damp feet on the villa floor are enough to send you flying, or in my case 'planking'!

The food is better from the room service menu at the moment. And more than 2 choices of breakfast on a weekday would be appreciated. However, all the staff are very friendly and helpful. I never had to wait longer than 5 mins for a buggy. Riyanto was always quick to come and I enjoyed my short conversations with him to and fro on the buggy.

Overall, an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I have read with concern on the issues raised with regards to the slippery surface and will look into ways to improve this immediately. I will also be working with my team to look into improving the lapse in standards which you had mentioned.

I would also like to get in touch with you to obtain more details and follow up on your feedback. Feel free to contact me at +627787768888 at your convenience.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that your family and you experienced and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our trip to Montigo was a 3-day-2-night getaway for 5 people. Overall the resort was good but not up to 5-star standards of cleanliness and service.

We stayed in the hillside villa with private pool, which was extremely spacious. The furnishings were modern and new. Inside the villa, the living room (1st floor) and bedroom (2nd floor) were quite clean. However, the rooftop terrace (3rd floor) left much to be desired. Some of the white beds and cushions were stained with lizard droppings and blood (hopefully from mosquitoes). Needless to say, we avoided sitting on those.

Prior to arrival, I was informed that there would be no extra bed for the 5th person but they would make up a day bed (probably on the sofa in the bedroom). This was not done, and we had to request for extra pillows, blankets and towels for the 5th person. There was also insufficient plates, utensils, etc for the group. Considering that we paid an extra $100 for the 5th person on top of the 4-person rate, I expected the villa to be better prepared.

On the first night, the water in the villa suddenly stopped running for about 1 hour. When we called reception to ask about it, they explained it as some maintenance work that was going on. This was around 8pm, and did not inconvenience us greatly as we were just hanging around and chatting. However, if someone was in the middle of a shower.... They should have informed us prior to conducting the maintenance work just in case.

Because the compound is extremely large, the staff need to take the buggy to deliver room service or other requests such as extra towels, etc. This resulted sometimes in a long waiting time for service to arrive. Suggest to furnish the rooms better (i.e. with towels and pillows in one of the cupboards). The weather was also very hot, and we had to keep requesting for ice. Suggest to include an ice-maker in the room to reduce manpower needed to deliver it each time.

A final comment on the buggy service. We had to take the buggy out to the dining area for breakfast in the mornings. On the first morning, the service was excellent - buggy came within 5 minutes of calling for it. On the second morning, however, the buggy took 30 minutes to come, and we had to call for it 3 times before it finally came. For a 5-star resort, this is extremely unacceptable.

One major plus of the service is that they are extremely friendly and always smiling. They even helped to chase a large spider away from one of our bathrooms, which was extremely helpful.

Overall, the stay was comfortable but not up to the luxury standards that would be expected of a 5-star or even a 4-star resort. As Montigo is still at the soft launch stage, they should take the time to address many of these issues while guests are still accepting of these teething problems.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I am dissappointed to note that you did not have a enjoyable stay. I have looked into all issues that you had raised and will personally work with my team with a view to improve on our services.

Though on a soft opening stage, valuable feedback as yours help us improve and ensure that such issues do not recur in the future.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and I look foward to being able to welcome you back in the near future.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This resort was marvelous! I booked it for my son's 1st birthday, and the service we got was excellent. We have a total of 5 adults and 3 children, and they are very accommodating to us as it can only accommodate a maximum of 4 adults. When we first reached the Montigo office in Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, there was nothing we need to do at all! Everything has already been prepared for us beforehand. Then we took the Yacht to Batam which took us less than 30mins. However, the Yacht was very jerky, not too recommendable for anyone who has seasick.

From the private jetty to the resort it took approximately less than 10mins. As we took the ferry at 11am, we reached the Villa at Indonesia timing ard 11.30am, and the staff allow us to check-in early despite the check-in timing was 3pm! This was already a big plus points as we have a total of 3 kids and it could be quite cumbersome if we were not allowed to check-in early. The Villa was nice and relaxing as it has sea view and we could see the sunset. We even got a complimentary birthday cake for my boy on his actual day birthday!

However, I will like to feedback that the housekeeping service was not as good. They did a great job in cleaning the Villa, however, they forgotten to replenish the can drinks and towels for us. The maintenance was also very slow. As we complaint that the master bedroom air-con was very hot and stuffy, and in the morning before we left for breakfast, we saw the technician drop-by to take a look. After we return from Nagoya Hill at approximately 4plus, the maintenance guy came again at 5pm to say they wanna clean our air-con. After all the cleaning, the air-con was still v hot. I will suggest they should put 2 air-con instead as the room was too big and 1 air-con might not be enough. The worst part of all is the breakfast. The buffet breakfast is only served on Sat n Sun, and it only includes Cereal, Bread, Fruit Juices and Fruits. The rest you have to order from the menu, and its only 1 set for 1 person, and portion was pretty small. As the guys usually eat more, therefore, the breakfast was not enough for them. I will prefer that they should have a buffet breakfast instead of those ala-carte that we ordered from the menu.

Overall, I will rate it excellent for a short and relaxing trip! But you might want to prefer some instant food to cook yourself as the location is not very convenient to go out. We usually just order room service from the restaurant and it cost approximately S$20.

Room Tip: A Hill Top Villa is good enough as it has a very nice sea view. However, you may wish to book the Be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed our villa and our view. However I am dissappointed that our service was not up to your expectations. I have taken note of all your feedback and will work with our team to improve on the challenges that you have highlighted including improving on our housekeeping standards and rectification of the aircon issue.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced. However, I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the near future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Sincerely

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

the place has some teething problems. shower didn't work. there was no electricity in the villa when we arrived. The aircon had issues. I got trapped in the shower. There was no where to sunbath and no sun loungers at all. the roof terrace which was advertised was nothing but a concrete block with nothing on it.

Huge villa and good escape from Singapore. however I wouldn't pay the full price for this place. The dining area looks like something from a budget hotel. the villas have absolutely no privacy and your pool is overlooked by neighbouring pools. The service was slow and not massively helpful in dealing with the issues. There is also no sea view from most of the villas.

In summary, Montigo got a little greedy and has built too many villas too close together.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I am dissapointed to know that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to get in touch with you to obtain more details and follow up on your feedback. Please feel free to contact me at +62 778 776 8888 at your convenience.

Our limited facilities are due to us being in our soft opening stage and we are working closely with our development team to have our remaining facilities open at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to being able to speak with you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went as a group of 8 adults and the resort was really pretty. Having your own pool in the villa is great especially if you are looking for a short weekend getaway. Room service food is good and the villas are spacious. Breakfast was nice, good set choices.
I recommend this for a group in need for a short hol away from busy Singapore. The Kelong Restaurant at Batam View Inn was pleasant and had good food. Overall, better villas than the one at Bintan Lagoon :) Worth a visit!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Ms Rosyy

I am delighted to know that your friends and you had an enjoyable time in our resort. I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your comments on our resort. I have shared your comments with my team and they are happy that they were able to make your stay a memorable one.

My colleagues and i are looking forward to your return in the very near future.

Batam, Riau
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My kids love the Montigo resort,
They like swimming pool, a spacious room with wii games facilities and sea views.

School holidays I use to take the kids for a vacation at a new resort in Nongsa batam,

I had to try in order to respond if there are I asked about Montigo resort.

Pretty good although the beach has not been finished,
Suggested vacation with kids, would love it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. My colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Sincerely yours,

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!