“Fantastic National Day getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic National Day getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spent our National Day at Montigo Resort Nongsa. From our beautiful villa, we could see the landscape of MBS. An added bonus was that we could see some of the beautiful fireworks at the NDP from our villa.
Back to the villa, we stayed at the Hilltop Villa with the South China Sea view. As this is a relatively new resort (2 months old), the interiors and furniture were new and clean.
The master bedroom comes with an open air bathroom, with an over-sized bathtub and a separate shower area with rain shower. I loved their toiletries.
Besides the super comfy king-sized bed in the master bedroom, there is a nice sofa where one can just relax and daze.
The highlight of the villa will be the infinity plunge pool. This is a private plunge pool for each villa and so, this means you can jump into the pool at anytime you wish and without sharing the pool with others. My 8 year old boy loved the plunge pool.
As this is their soft launch, only 1 restaurant is opened. However, the food is not expensive and they tasted good, especially the Indonesian style food.
As for the check-in, we have arrived pretty early in the morning as the ferry services for the afternoon was full (probably due to National Day holiday). Although the villa was not ready for check-in, the receptionist was very kind to proceed with the "check-in" procedures while we wait for our complimentary shuttle service to Nagoya Hill, so that when we return from Nagoya Hill in the afternoon, we can check into our villa immediately. We were so glad that the receptionist (Ms Yeyen) was all ready waiting for us with our room key when we returned from Nagoya Hill. During our 3D2N stay at the Resort, Ms Yeyen remembered our name and addressed us by our name. Besides Ms Yeyen, we found all other staff very friendly and helpful (it is a pity we could not get all their names). For some, while fetching us from our villa, offered information on the activities going around the resort (e.g. cake decoration class, tennis class) and invited us to join in these activities.
If there is something negative about this resort, I guess it would be the construction work at the Resort. The dining table by the plunge pool is covered with a layer of dust which stops us from having our meal there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dalip S, Vice President Operations at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback following your recent stay at our resort.

I am delighted to note that you had a memorable NDP stay over at the resort and that you found all our staff to be friendly and helpful and in particular Yeyen from Guest Services. She was elated to note your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

KOP Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

It was an amazing getaway in Montigo Resort. Nothing literally to fuss about.

Service - I was there at 10am and the official check-in time was 2pm. I requested for an early check-in and they managed to get us one room at 12pm. Which is totally fine with me since it was our fault to arrive early even though it stated that the check -in time is 2pm. So, thumbs up for that. Very personal service, i totally love it.

Food - I love the food! Even though the included breakfast has only 2 options, but it was more than enough for us. We had dinner in the villa. The portion of the food is generous.

Ambience - Clean and simple. Love the plunge pool! I had so much fun!

I will return here again so long as the price is within my budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your stay experience.

I am happy to hear that you had an amazing getaway in our resort and found literally nothing to fuss about.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Montigo Resort in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We took advantage of the soft launch opening to check out Montigo Resorts. Spent 2 nights with no regrets. The interiors are tastefully decorated, very spacious with fabulous sea-view. We loved the plunge pool. Service was prompt and I would like to give a shout-out to Yeyen Angida (Guest Svc Agent) who was very attentive to our needs. She even remembered my name!

We were pretty disappointed with the breakfast with only 2 options that came as part of the package but hey! its a soft launch and we will cut some slack. During the first night, we were woken up by mosquitos. LOTS of them but its a tropical resort so we were not too affected by it. Perhaps a mosquito net attached to the four post bed would solve the problem. Just a suggestion.

I had tenderloin steak for dinner the last night of the stay and it was SO good! Will not think twice to be back for another getaway!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dalip S, Vice President Operations at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay.

I am happy to hear that you had a "great weekend escape" and enjoyed the quality of the food as well as the service from our staff. Yeyen and Angie were delighted to note your compliments. I have also noted your feedback for improvement and we will work towards ensuring that all our guests have a memorable and comfortable stay.

We look forward to your return in the near future.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

It was an all-girls' time at Montigo. We loved the 2 bedroom and 3 bathrooms, the private pool where we chilled most of the time.

Nice touches were the free minibar, the Wii game (even though it was just one game), the kitchenette (stove, microwave, pots, plates, cutlery!).

Guests can take up the cycling/walking tours organised by the resort. Not very expensive. Staff were very friendly and never fails to make us feel at home.

Food choices are limited as they only have one restaurant. We took transport out to Rezeki for seafood.

All in all, a nice quiet place to not do anything except to watch the world sail by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at our resort.

I am happy to note that you and your guests were able to "wind down to serenity" whilst at the resort. Although we have limited facilities during this soft opening, however we have other alternatives available, including private dining experiences, private roof terrace barbeques, etc.. Please feel free to contact the resort staff for more selections of in-villas activities as well, including more Wii games, DVD library, board games, etc...

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Montigo Resort in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

After reading many short write-up about this new “Luxury Resort at Batam” in a few local magazines, we decided to bring my daughter and mother there during their “soft-launch” period in August.

As this was my girl’s first yacht ride (she usually flies to other countries), she was really excited about it. And the fact that it was a private yacht transfer just make her first experience more memorable and interesting. In fact, we enjoyed the “luxury and fast” transfer too!

Our hill-top villa is spacious with 2 bedrooms and offer fabulous sea view. My girl enjoyed the plunge pool in our villa the most and she literally swam and “float” in the pool few times a day. We stayed in our villa most of the time, playing Wii console games, swimming & spending quality family time together as there’s no access to the beach and the kids’ club was not ready. We tried the spa too and it’s again a first spa experience for my girl as resorts don’t usually offer spa services for kids. She enjoyed her massage and was “giggling away” while the masseur massaged her.

Overall, it was an enjoyable and relaxing short trip. We will come back again when their kids’ club and beach club are opened since it’s just 20 minutes away from Singapore.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience at Montigo Resort.

I am delighted to note that the family had a memorable and relaxing vacation, especially for your daughter who enjoyed the facilities and services.

We look forward to completing the remaining facilities soon and certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The soft launch opening was great and it shows excellent potential for a place like Batam which I didn't think too highly about.

I thought that the 1 star review that ingapore gave was ridiculous. To be given a full refund and yet rate 1 star with complains that I don't even see half justifiable? This is what I call an ingrate.

As mentioned it was a soft opening, so trust me I have been to even Grand opening at MBS in Singapore and I wont even give it half a star.

Overall, I find the place beautiful with nice finishes all over. I will definitely go again when they are fully launched!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind understand in our soft opening and for being our ambassador.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay and certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Montigo Resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My friend and I stayed in the villa overlooking the sea and view was spectacular. The spacious villa with superb in-oom amenities and personalised services is definitely an ideal resort for a romantic getaway

You must try their indonesian cuisine which was sumptuous and creatively presented

Everywhere you go in the resort, you will be warmly greeted and all the service staff will go the extra mile to cater to your every request.

We had a promotional discount for the villa and was definitely value for money for our weekend escapade from the hustle and bustle city life of Singapore.

This new 5-star resort in Batam will be a gem once all the facilities are ready.

We will definitely make a trip bsck to resort again for another relaxing weekend.

JT

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at Montigo Resort.

I am delighted to note that you found the Indonesian cuisine sumptuous and had a great stay experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

KOP Hotels & Resorts

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!