“nice and good rooms, but room for improvement on the booking system” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nongsa Point Marina & Resort

You added Nongsa Point Marina & Resort to your Saves list
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay City Tour Lunch!
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“nice and good rooms, but room for improvement on the booking system”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

bought a deal from deal.com.sg. Upgraded our room to sea view room and we were informed that our sea view room is confirmed and we would need to top up for the upgrade upon arrival.However, upon arrival (we were early), and they told us that the rooms were not ready yet and told us that they would upgrade our room to chalet for us. We didnt want any chalet, we wanted our sea view room. I asked the staff if the upgraded chalet has any sea view. That was when they realised that we had booked for a seaview room instead of a normal deluxe room. The staff told us that there werent any sea view room available and all the sea view rooms had been fully booked. I insisted that we wanted a sea view room. Another couple besides us faced the same problem. they had also booked a sea view room but could not get any. Luckily for us, the staff managed to find the last sea view room but it wasnt the same case for the other couple.
Room itself was quite except that the floor of the toilet was a little sticky at one small corner

Room Tip: sea view rooms are superb
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greetings from Nongsa Point Marina and Resort

Thank you for having spent your valuable time on writing a review on your stay at our resort in June and I do apologize for the very late reply.

We have taken note of your challenge concerning getting the room that you have originally booked for and accordingly made changes at the point of reservation to avoid such an incident to re-occur in the future.

I do look forward to welcome you back again for a relaxing stay at our resort and remain in the meantime

With kind regards and best wishes for Happy Days

Erhard M. Rueber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Wanted to book a room with Turi Beach Resort but it was full so we booked with Nongsa Point instead. I am happy that I made a right choice. We were welcomed by friendly staff and check-in proceed was so fast and smooth. While I was talking to the staff, the other staffs offered welcome drinks to my family and directed them to the lounge area to rest. After that, the staff helped to carry our luggages to our rooms. We asked for connecting rooms, I am surprised by how spacious 1 room is. The two rooms were clean and both offered awesome sea view. Pool area is clean and beautiful. Go for a swim at about 6pm and you will be greeted by lovely view of the sunset.

The only bad thing is the food. Room service was quite slow, quality of the food is just so-so. Breakfast was a little disappointing.

Overall, it was an enjoyable stay. Will definitely come back again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Greetings from Nongsa Point Marina and Resort

I thank you for having spent your valuable time on writing a favourable review on your stay at our resort in June this year and do apologize for the very late reply.

I am pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed a memorable stay at our resort and everybody was happy. Such favourable comments are the needed encouragement for the team to keep on providing the best service possible for our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back again for a repeater on a memorable stay and in the meantime remain

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 1N at the beggining of May. The ONLY good thing is that the food was good for dinner and lunch, but even then we paid over 80SGD for 2 pple!. Apart from the lobby, the hotel is run down and it shows: our room had stains on the walls and sheets! Bugs in the room, giving it a gross feeling. The pool floor was old and cracked and even the lobby couches have stains on them. When we wanted to go to the pool, there were no sunbeds available (they dont have very many), nor is there any pool service there. Obviously, managment is only interested in cashing-in and not re-investing into the facility.

The groupon deal turned out to be expensive as we had to pay 100 SGD+ for a room view upgrade and a Saturday stay. An expensive bad trip.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Nongsa Point Marina and Resort

I thank you for having spent your valuable time in writing a review on your stay in Mid May at our resort and do apologize for the very late reply.

I have taken note of your comments regarding the state of our facilities and am pleased to inform you that our Swimming pool will undergo a renovation by March 2015.

I do hope that you will consider to give the resort an second chance and will visit us again in the near future. In the meantime I remain

London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We arrived at the hotel and first impressions were good. It looked clean and the staff were friendly. We were taken to our chalet in a van up a steep hill. It was filthy and very tired looking. There were cockroaches in the drawer and the bathroom was very stained. I couldn't stay another minute in that villa. So they changed the villa without question and put us in another one immediately. This was a lot better. We still had a cockroach but we are on a desert island where we do have to coexist with other creatures so I sprayed the critter and finally 24 hours later he stopped wriggling! The beds weren't terribly comfortable. The pillows were stained and I had a bit of a back ache after two nights. The walk down to the lobby seemed longer than it was probably down some very steep steps. At the top of the hill was the most amazing view, quite breathtaking and that was worth everything to me. The walk to the next beach was easy. The staff are really super here. the food is okay. It is all reasonably priced. We had a good stay in the hotel and this was mainly down to the lovely staff, manager included, and the views. The chalets just needs a bit of TLC but I am sure once they are give this the prices will soar! If you stay in the main part of the hotel and not the family chalets I believe it is beautiful as it has all been refurbished.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Greetings from Nongsa Point Marina and Resort

I thank you for having spent your valuable time on writing a review about your stay in May at our resort and do apologize for the very late reply.

I have taken note of your comments and suggestions concerning the cleanliness of the rooms at the Chalets and the lack of Pest control. I am pleased to report that since then we have changed the Pest control company and enforced the Housekeeping standards of hygiene at our Chalets.

If you are back in the region, area please do consider giving Nongsa Point Marina and Resort an other chance and stay with us again in the near future.

In the meantime I remain

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Sailed here instead of taking ferry. Marina service very efficient and immigration was taken care by customs personnel. Stayed in garden deluxe double room and we found it clean and spacious. The mattress was saggy and the pillows need to be replaced due to odour. Otherwise everything else was hygienic. We were impressed with the quality of F&B and food sent by room service was hot and tasty. Prices are slightly cheaper than Singapore and also charged in Singapore dollars!
All in all a very relaxing weekend with good service

Room Tip: pay a little more for rooms facing marina for a nice view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Greets from Nongsa Point Marina and Resort

I thank you for spending your valuable time on writing a favourable review about your stay in early May this year and sincerely apologize for the very late reply.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities at the Marina and hotel. I have as well taken note of your comment regarding our pillows in our bedrooms of the Hotel. In the meantime most all pillows have been replaced with new ones, this at the Hotel, Chalet and Apartment rooms.

I look forward to your return to Nongsa Point Marina and Resort for some great sailing in the waters of the Riau Islands and a relaxing stay at our Resort Hotel.

In the meantime I remain

With kind regards and best wishes for Great days of Sailing

melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

What a beautiful welcoming Marina with great facilities, accommodating delightful Marina staff who gave us the best 3 days of luxury whilst we were moored there.
The Marina is connected to the Nongsa Point Resort plus the Turi Beach Resort ( a short stroll around the walkway that connects both resorts ) It is a brilliant location the Marina is situated in a quiet cove that protects the boats and allows for a good sleep.
The resort has a bus that leaves each day for the main town and returns 2 hours later. Excellent golf course along side the resort.
This is a wonderful family retreat would thoroughly recommend it to families or solo travellers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Greetings from Nongsa Point Marina and Resort

I thank you for spending your valuable time writing a favourable review on your stay at our Marina in late April this year and please accept my apologies for this very late reply.

I and my team at the Marina and the Resort are pleased to know that you enjoyed a memorable stay at our Marina and the Resort in general.

We hope to welcome you back again should you be sailing the waters of the Riau Islands and in the meantime remain

With kind regards and best wishes for great sailing weather

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The view and facilities were good enough to keep you relaxed. I can only complain about the F&B/ room service. It was sooooo bad! 1st incident, I ordered a pizza for lunch and had it delivered to our chalet. It came after about 30 minutes. I was shocked to see the slices of pizza scattered inside the box and the sauce that comes with it was dented on one side, with the lid already opened (see attached photo). Good thing they offered to replace it; I had no choice but to wait for another 30 minutes. For dinner, we went down to the restaurant before 7pm. They had the entire resto reserved for the buffet dinner at 7pm, so we were directed to the bar. There were not enough seats at the bar. The table we got was close to the toilet, so we decided to have our orders delivered to our room instead. I ordered for seafood canelloni. I asked the waiter if it's available and he said yes. We placed our order around 7:20pm. The walk and climb to our chalet is about 5 minutes.The room service called around 8:10pm to tell us that the seafood canelloni was not available. My sister complained why they tell us only now. The guy lamely reasoned that he was calling earlier but no answer. We were in our chalet maybe the most is 8 minutes from the time we left the bar! So I calmly spoke to the room service guy to tell him that I will order carbonara instead. By 8:15 the dinner was delivered; but the carbonara was missing. The delivery guy apologized and told us he forgot the carbonara. I waited and finally called room service at 8:45pm. The lady who answered the phone told me that I should wait 20 minutes more for the carbonara. I've had enough! I asked for the manager. I spoke to Mr Arizal (unsure of the spelling), Asst Manager on duty. He apologized, and he said he will check about my complaints. 5 minutes after I put the phone down, the carbonara was delivered. I hope the staff will be trained to have the courtesy to advise customers if the order will be delayed; and for them to have better communication & coordination internally.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Nongsa Point Marina & Resort? Share your experiences!