“Bad visit on Groupon deal” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nongsa Point Marina & Resort

Save Saved
You added Nongsa Point Marina & Resort to your Saves list
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Bad visit on Groupon deal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 1N at the beggining of May. The ONLY good thing is that the food was good for dinner and lunch, but even then we paid over 80SGD for 2 pple!. Apart from the lobby, the hotel is run down and it shows: our room had stains on the walls and sheets! Bugs in the room, giving it a gross feeling. The pool floor was old and cracked and even the lobby couches have stains on them. When we wanted to go to the pool, there were no sunbeds available (they dont have very many), nor is there any pool service there. Obviously, managment is only interested in cashing-in and not re-investing into the facility.

The groupon deal turned out to be expensive as we had to pay 100 SGD+ for a room view upgrade and a Saturday stay. An expensive bad trip.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We arrived at the hotel and first impressions were good. It looked clean and the staff were friendly. We were taken to our chalet in a van up a steep hill. It was filthy and very tired looking. There were cockroaches in the drawer and the bathroom was very stained. I couldn't stay another minute in that villa. So they changed the villa without question and put us in another one immediately. This was a lot better. We still had a cockroach but we are on a desert island where we do have to coexist with other creatures so I sprayed the critter and finally 24 hours later he stopped wriggling! The beds weren't terribly comfortable. The pillows were stained and I had a bit of a back ache after two nights. The walk down to the lobby seemed longer than it was probably down some very steep steps. At the top of the hill was the most amazing view, quite breathtaking and that was worth everything to me. The walk to the next beach was easy. The staff are really super here. the food is okay. It is all reasonably priced. We had a good stay in the hotel and this was mainly down to the lovely staff, manager included, and the views. The chalets just needs a bit of TLC but I am sure once they are give this the prices will soar! If you stay in the main part of the hotel and not the family chalets I believe it is beautiful as it has all been refurbished.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Sailed here instead of taking ferry. Marina service very efficient and immigration was taken care by customs personnel. Stayed in garden deluxe double room and we found it clean and spacious. The mattress was saggy and the pillows need to be replaced due to odour. Otherwise everything else was hygienic. We were impressed with the quality of F&B and food sent by room service was hot and tasty. Prices are slightly cheaper than Singapore and also charged in Singapore dollars!
All in all a very relaxing weekend with good service

Room Tip: pay a little more for rooms facing marina for a nice view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

What a beautiful welcoming Marina with great facilities, accommodating delightful Marina staff who gave us the best 3 days of luxury whilst we were moored there.
The Marina is connected to the Nongsa Point Resort plus the Turi Beach Resort ( a short stroll around the walkway that connects both resorts ) It is a brilliant location the Marina is situated in a quiet cove that protects the boats and allows for a good sleep.
The resort has a bus that leaves each day for the main town and returns 2 hours later. Excellent golf course along side the resort.
This is a wonderful family retreat would thoroughly recommend it to families or solo travellers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The view and facilities were good enough to keep you relaxed. I can only complain about the F&B/ room service. It was sooooo bad! 1st incident, I ordered a pizza for lunch and had it delivered to our chalet. It came after about 30 minutes. I was shocked to see the slices of pizza scattered inside the box and the sauce that comes with it was dented on one side, with the lid already opened (see attached photo). Good thing they offered to replace it; I had no choice but to wait for another 30 minutes. For dinner, we went down to the restaurant before 7pm. They had the entire resto reserved for the buffet dinner at 7pm, so we were directed to the bar. There were not enough seats at the bar. The table we got was close to the toilet, so we decided to have our orders delivered to our room instead. I ordered for seafood canelloni. I asked the waiter if it's available and he said yes. We placed our order around 7:20pm. The walk and climb to our chalet is about 5 minutes.The room service called around 8:10pm to tell us that the seafood canelloni was not available. My sister complained why they tell us only now. The guy lamely reasoned that he was calling earlier but no answer. We were in our chalet maybe the most is 8 minutes from the time we left the bar! So I calmly spoke to the room service guy to tell him that I will order carbonara instead. By 8:15 the dinner was delivered; but the carbonara was missing. The delivery guy apologized and told us he forgot the carbonara. I waited and finally called room service at 8:45pm. The lady who answered the phone told me that I should wait 20 minutes more for the carbonara. I've had enough! I asked for the manager. I spoke to Mr Arizal (unsure of the spelling), Asst Manager on duty. He apologized, and he said he will check about my complaints. 5 minutes after I put the phone down, the carbonara was delivered. I hope the staff will be trained to have the courtesy to advise customers if the order will be delayed; and for them to have better communication & coordination internally.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

It located at a good location which is only 10 minutes drive from ferry terminal. No need to worry about transport to resort from ferry terminal because the hotel shutlle bus is ready waiting you there.Very convinient.
Stayed at a chalet for 3D2N.The chalet has two storeies with two bedrooms,private kitchen;providing microwave, gas stove and a lot of kitchen wares.The bedrooms are good but the bathrooms are not in white and spotless conditions. Not the convinient condition is that we have to walk uphill to reach our chalet from lobby or swimming pool.I counted for starcase steps; total 50 steps to get our chalet.Exhausted!
Swimming pool is spacious and not so crowded.
There is no hairdryer provided in the rooms and then we had to requested with phone. The service responce is fast but the hairdryer is not functioning one.
Regarding about food is that you don't have much options because thers is no nearby restaurants or shapping centres. You can eat food only from the resort,either by going down to resort restaurant or by ordering with phone to your room.
Breakfast don't have much choices but the taste are not bad. BBQ buffet was cost S$35; containing stramboat, and bbq.
Overall, Nongsa Point Marina Resort is a good place to relax because it is quiet and beautiful place.Although there is not much activities to do there, it is okay if you love swimming and jogging.

Room Tip: You should choose the nearest room with lobby or swimming pool. Higher level chalet are at uphill an...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I beginning to love this part of Batam. Last year I went Montigo and this year I come to Nongsa Point Marina & Resort. It's at very remote part of Batam. Love the service from check-in to getting room service. My fiance and I had a Sea View one-bedroom. The place is not very packed thuogh the rooms are seen fully booked in their booking systems. Their people speak good English and they have wonderful attitude. Though there's a matchbox with ashtray in the room, we do not smell any cigarettes smoke. I love the high ceiling in our room. One bad point to note is that the mosquitoes are unavoidable in the room. I have mossies patch but i still got stung during the night. My fiance and I were catching mosquitoes in our room. The management may want to look into how to solve the mosquitoes issues. Breakfast served were pretty much nice spread with American breakfast of sausages, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, red beans to Chinese cruisine of porridge. Perhaps I will go back again as the view is enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Nongsa Point Marina & Resort? Share your experiences!