“F&B/ room service failed!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nongsa Point Marina & Resort

You added Nongsa Point Marina & Resort to your Saves list
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Special Rate
S$108 (SGD)
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“F&B/ room service failed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The view and facilities were good enough to keep you relaxed. I can only complain about the F&B/ room service. It was sooooo bad! 1st incident, I ordered a pizza for lunch and had it delivered to our chalet. It came after about 30 minutes. I was shocked to see the slices of pizza scattered inside the box and the sauce that comes with it was dented on one side, with the lid already opened (see attached photo). Good thing they offered to replace it; I had no choice but to wait for another 30 minutes. For dinner, we went down to the restaurant before 7pm. They had the entire resto reserved for the buffet dinner at 7pm, so we were directed to the bar. There were not enough seats at the bar. The table we got was close to the toilet, so we decided to have our orders delivered to our room instead. I ordered for seafood canelloni. I asked the waiter if it's available and he said yes. We placed our order around 7:20pm. The walk and climb to our chalet is about 5 minutes.The room service called around 8:10pm to tell us that the seafood canelloni was not available. My sister complained why they tell us only now. The guy lamely reasoned that he was calling earlier but no answer. We were in our chalet maybe the most is 8 minutes from the time we left the bar! So I calmly spoke to the room service guy to tell him that I will order carbonara instead. By 8:15 the dinner was delivered; but the carbonara was missing. The delivery guy apologized and told us he forgot the carbonara. I waited and finally called room service at 8:45pm. The lady who answered the phone told me that I should wait 20 minutes more for the carbonara. I've had enough! I asked for the manager. I spoke to Mr Arizal (unsure of the spelling), Asst Manager on duty. He apologized, and he said he will check about my complaints. 5 minutes after I put the phone down, the carbonara was delivered. I hope the staff will be trained to have the courtesy to advise customers if the order will be delayed; and for them to have better communication & coordination internally.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

It located at a good location which is only 10 minutes drive from ferry terminal. No need to worry about transport to resort from ferry terminal because the hotel shutlle bus is ready waiting you there.Very convinient.
Stayed at a chalet for 3D2N.The chalet has two storeies with two bedrooms,private kitchen;providing microwave, gas stove and a lot of kitchen wares.The bedrooms are good but the bathrooms are not in white and spotless conditions. Not the convinient condition is that we have to walk uphill to reach our chalet from lobby or swimming pool.I counted for starcase steps; total 50 steps to get our chalet.Exhausted!
Swimming pool is spacious and not so crowded.
There is no hairdryer provided in the rooms and then we had to requested with phone. The service responce is fast but the hairdryer is not functioning one.
Regarding about food is that you don't have much options because thers is no nearby restaurants or shapping centres. You can eat food only from the resort,either by going down to resort restaurant or by ordering with phone to your room.
Breakfast don't have much choices but the taste are not bad. BBQ buffet was cost S$35; containing stramboat, and bbq.
Overall, Nongsa Point Marina Resort is a good place to relax because it is quiet and beautiful place.Although there is not much activities to do there, it is okay if you love swimming and jogging.

Room Tip: You should choose the nearest room with lobby or swimming pool. Higher level chalet are at uphill an...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I beginning to love this part of Batam. Last year I went Montigo and this year I come to Nongsa Point Marina & Resort. It's at very remote part of Batam. Love the service from check-in to getting room service. My fiance and I had a Sea View one-bedroom. The place is not very packed thuogh the rooms are seen fully booked in their booking systems. Their people speak good English and they have wonderful attitude. Though there's a matchbox with ashtray in the room, we do not smell any cigarettes smoke. I love the high ceiling in our room. One bad point to note is that the mosquitoes are unavoidable in the room. I have mossies patch but i still got stung during the night. My fiance and I were catching mosquitoes in our room. The management may want to look into how to solve the mosquitoes issues. Breakfast served were pretty much nice spread with American breakfast of sausages, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, red beans to Chinese cruisine of porridge. Perhaps I will go back again as the view is enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Love d scenery & d Resorts out of d Bz town.D food was fantastic yummylicios our favaorite dish was d Gurame fish & d salad peanut(gado2) & of coz can't denied d Avocado.And d best ting was we got a sea view. Altho its quite pricey but truly satisfied.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed for 3D 2N for a seaview room. Was given a ground floor unit which is a good location as I can just head out of the room to the beach area though you can't really swim at the beach. Scenery is nice with quiet environment. Place is not crowded. Swimming pool is spacious with separate area for children & adults. Breakfast buffet is limited. If you are just staying in, you need to order room service for yr lunch & dinner but on weekends, they have barbecue dinner which is a bit pricey. No SPA service at the resort but you can book for the service at Turi Beach which is just located nearby. Transportation is provided to take you to Turi Beach but the slot is limited as priority is given to their in-house guests. Guests can also take a short cut 5-10 mins walk to Turi Beach Resort which has more activities for guests. If you are coming via plane, there is no airport transfer service provided by Nongsa Marina but they do provide ferry transfer. Location of this resort is quite far from the town area where all the shopping can be done & many SPA services are located. Internet/wifi service is provided with good speed. Overall, am satisfied with the services provided by the staff and the hotel.

Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The resort is very nice and beautiful! My gf and I had booked a 2D1N trip over the weekend using groupon vouchers. We had a pool view room even though they told us it was a hill -view room. The room is very clean and neat, almost everything is white and spotless. It comes with a very high ceiling, which makes the room very spacious.

Food wise, I like their BBQ cum steamboat dinner. It was located on this driveway between the pool and the sea. They even got a band to come and sing for us. There were typical BBQ items like chicken wings and satay. Crabs, prawns, meat and veggies for steamboat. Really awesome dinner!

The downside is that it is quite far away from Nagoya mall. The journey took abt 40 mins and cost us abt 140,000 Rupiah.

Overall, I'm very please with the resort and hope to come back here again for a short getaway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Absolutely enjoyed our stay there. Really cosy room. Aircon was good and the bed was great as well.
One thing you would notice after u get there is how peaceful it is. Its so peaceful and quaint that you would surely want to come again if you just want to escape from hustle and bustle of Singapore. Its just 5 mins walk to turi beach and you can access their seasport activities such as parasailing, jet skiing and many many more. Unfortunately it was raining on both mornings we went hence we could not try out those activities.

Its abit far from the town area and cabing there will hurt you around 15 dollars and around 40 mins. But that is the point here really, away from almost everything.
There isnt much food choice to be hade except from the selera restaurant near the lobby.
The price is pretty steep but almost all of the food we tried impressed us.

Overall, the experience was great. I would certainly recommend it to friends. Pleasant experience and would like to extend my appreciation to the staff for making our stay enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Greetings from Nongsa Point Marina and Resort,

I and my team at Nongsa Point Marina and Resort thank you for taking your valuable time to write a very encouraging review on your recent stay with us.

Such comments are the kind of " fuel " everyone needs to keep pushing forward and provide the guests with a memorable experience staying at our resort. I look forward to welcome you back again soon and in the meantime remain

With Kind regards
Erhard M. Rueber

Been to Nongsa Point Marina & Resort? Share your experiences!