“Peace and Tranquility” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nongsa Point Marina & Resort

You added Nongsa Point Marina & Resort to your Saves list
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Special Rate
S$108 (SGD)
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Peace and Tranquility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Enjoyed & Love the short get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Nothing fancy about this holiday but was good enough for my hubby & me. Arrived @ hotel about 1000hrs, the staff were very attentive & friendly. We didn't had to asked but they allowed us to check in to our room. Just abit disappointed that they didn't give as a double room knowing we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and hubby's birthday.
The sea-view rooms were fully booked so not able to change room, Anyway it was only 1 night stay so let's not make a fuss since they were nice enough to let us checked in early. It was the perfect timing to go for a swim at 10plus (morning) as most guest are either checking out or not arrived at, so we had a relaxed time by the pool. [later in the afternoon, evening & Sunday morning pool was very crowded :( ] We went to the Selera Restaurant for lunch, ordered the Nasi Goreng and beef with rice; oh the food were surprising good. The staff was very friendly and efficient too. And the best part of it its so peaceful not much guest as i guess most guest went to city or to Turi Beach for meals.
Why am I surprised with the quality of food here, coz when I stayed at Turi Beach the restaurant food & staff attitude were lousy.
We went for a evening walk after our nap, managed to walked over to Turi beach. Realised there's a company retreat going on that weekend, am glad i booked into Nongsa which was much more peaceful. Would recommend the evening walk as you get very beautiful & captivating sunset.
We had the BBQ seafood dinner in the evening, nice alfresco setting and great live band performance. The overall food was alright, the seafood variation very disappointing limited, had only fish & sotong. Why call it seafood BBQ where not much seafood? Its good that they made it up with the meat variety as my hubby its not a seafood fan and he enjoyed the lamb (beef badly prepared, had only 1 thin slice) Desserts nothing fanciful and limited quantity. Abit disgusted with some diners as they piled they plates with all the desserts while they were still having their main course. So we being the first timer there, by the time we wanted dessert nothing left and the staff do not top up any-more!
Overall i will still recommend this place for couples for short getaway, lots of privacy & most importantly we love the relaxed and peaceful environment.
Note: Please improve the breakfast quality and variations as it is disappointing and pretty sad to have such lousy breakfast to start your day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
First I do apologize for the late reply to your favourable review on your recent stay at our Resort. It is this kind of review that keeps me and my team going on pushing forward improving the product and services we provide. I am sorry for the mishap concerning the king size bed that was not provided for your wedding day celebration. We have also taken note of your suggestion to improve the seafood variety on our Seafood BBQ . In the meantime we also have increased the selection of seafood as per the availability on the local market. i.e. Clams, Crabs and Gongongs ( a local sea snail ) . I trust you will notice the difference on your next visit to our resort.

I look forward to personally welcome you back again and in the meantime remain

Erhard M. Rueber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My family and I love this place. Its quiet and very near from from home (Singapore). We re usually here 4 times a year. The staff are excellent and the rooms nice and clean, overlooking the sea. no waves or things like that, but just peaceful and serene. For food we ll take a walk to the Turi next door where the Soup Buntut,is to die for. Overall a fantastic getaway for the price. The only setback is the flies that seems to have increased recently. The food choice for breakfast on a weekday is quite dreadful . Probably because of the lack of hotel guest during non peak ..Get this two problems sorted out, its almost perfect.

Alexa Ong

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

First I like to apologize for the late reply to your favourable review of your recent stay at our resort. I is this kind of review that encourages me and my team to push forward with improving our product and services we provide. I have taken note of your suggestion to improve our Breakfast selection during the weekdays and the certainly unwanted flies that seem to have been present . I am pleased to inform you that we have already changed the breakfast set up and as well the buffet food selection to provide more variety as well during weekdays. To control the issue about flies during meal periods we have increased the spraying and achieved a considerable improvement.

I look forward to personally welcome you back again soon and in the meantime remain

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Love the place very much. Beautiful, clean place and lovely scenery. Windy. I was captivated by the beautiful sunset and sunrise. Bbq dinner buffet was fabulous and the live music was awesome. Great service from staff. Almost immediate response for room service. Feel comfortable with the friendly and approachable group of staff. A perfect romantic short getaway for me and hubby. Recommendable for couples who need a short breakaway. Great place for relaxing. Also a perfect place for family short vacation. Children and adults would love the big swimming pool and there is a service for shuttle bus to nearby shopping centre. Room was big, well-equipped and very well-maintained. Lots of privacy. I fell in love with the resort immediately the moment I alighted from the bus (land transfer from jetty) especially with the decor and architecture. Served with welcome drinks upon arrival and check-in was a swift one. However, there is a need for improvement on the buffet breakfast. There were not many varieties of food to choose from. Choices of food and beverages were very limited. Whatever it is, I will surely make a comeback to this resort. No regrets.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

First let me apologize for the late reply to your generous review . It is this kind of review that makes us proud and encourages me and my team to push forward with improving the product and services we provide. I have taken note of your suggestion to improve on our Breakfast Buffet food variety and I am pleased to inform you that we have already implemented a new presentation set up and changed / improved the food selection on our Buffet. I trust you will see the difference on your next visit to our resort .

I look forward to welcome you back again soon and in the meantime remain

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Though it was only a 2d1n's trip, one word - Exquisite! When we reached Nongsapura Ferry Terminal, we missed the shuttle bus as we were actually looking for the hotel's name on the shuttle buses. Later I came to know when I reached the resort, it was the Turi bus that actually send Nongsa Point hotel stayer as well. Anyway, we decided not to wait for the next slot, therefore we took a taxi which cost rp 120k. First impression upon walking to the lobby, we were delighted. Friendly staffs, accommodating. Best part, able to go for early check-in to room 205. That was awesome! Room was,clean. Basic necessity were made available. Only the sad part, we requested for a king size bed during our online booking made ahead before the actually day, but the resort unable to as all king size bed rooms were already snapped up. Well, ended up my wife and I slept on a separate bed and we were fine with that as we wouldnt want to think about it so much either. Had late supper. And breakfast in the resort. Overall food quality is good. Serving portion is acceptable. Good food presentation (during late supper). To summarize our experience, I will return to the resort again soon. And this time I will stay longer. This is what we call A Resort. A place to unwind, relax and laze.. Cheers! A. Elias

• Stayed September 2013
First I like to apologize for the late reply to your generous review on your stay at our resort. It is the kind of review that encourages me and my team to push forward on improving our product and services we provide.

I look forward to personally welcome you and your family -- Back -- to Nongsa Point Marina and resort again and in the meantime remain

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Room:
Nongsa Point Marina Resorts – A perfect place for me to spend a quiet moment with my wife from all the hustle and bustle in Singapore. We needed a break from work and a 2D1N stay at the Seaview Room provided us with a quiet environment and tranquillity to unwind. As the same suggests, the balcony overlooks the waters allowing me to stare blankly into the horizon. The view looks stunningly beautiful during the evening sunset.

The Location:
If you come by Nongsapura Ferry Terminal, the resort is only 10-min away. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle-service to and fro. So, no worries on land transfer. The hotel also provides shuttle service to Mega Mall, which is about 25-30 minutes away, chargeable at $8.00 per person. However, if you wish to head to Nongsa Hill Shopping Centre which is also about 30–40 mins away, you’d probably have to head over to the reception to book a taxi which would probably cost you around 144,000 rupiah. If you’re going for a Spa, you can get the Spa company to pick you up and send you back. Worth the money.

The Food:
The resort’s Selera Restaurant provided quite a lot of variety. The seafood steamboat dinner included crabs and also came with rice. You could just eat and talk while having the live band play beautiful 80s and 90s classic hits in the background. A very romantic and beautiful experience. The breakfast spread included on-the-spot omelette frying of your choice, porridge, cereals, sausages, baked beans, buns, breads and lots more.

Conclusion:
If you want a relaxing place for a short getaway with good food, Nongsa Point is the place. Probably they can add on a shuttle service to Nongsa Hill Shopping Centre for the convenience of travellers who love shopping.

Room Tip: Upgrade to SeaView Room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Nongsa Point Marina and Resort,

First I like to apologize for the late reply to your generous review. Its the kind of review which encourages me and my team to keep pushing forward with improving the standards of our product and the services we provide.

I look forward to be able to personally welcome you back to Nongsa Point Marina and Resort and in the meantime remain

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at Nongsa Point. Myself, my wife, and our two teenage children. We went during the week and had the place pretty much to ourselves. The best part is the staff. They are friendly and always looking to help. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the pool and also went over to Turi Beach for a swim and dinner one night. This is definitely a place to go if you are looking for a relaxing getaway. It is not close to a town/city so it is not a place to go if you want nightlife. A most relaxing stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your favourable review of your stay at Nongsa Point Marina and Resort. It gives us the motivation and drive to continue improving our product and services . I look forward to personally welcome you on your next visit to Nongsa Point Marina and Resort.

With kind regards and best wishes for Happy Days ahead

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The view of Nongsa Point Marina is gorgeous. Imagine waking up every morning to this. I could not describe more. I have never felt more relax in my other trips than this. Since I could not afford Sentosa Cove, this is probably the closest I can get.

We had the pool at Nongsa Point Marina almost all to ourselves everyday. It was so unlike the pool at Turi Beach which you have to share with many people, especially during the school holiday seasons.

We had Seafood BBQ at Nongsa Point Marina, supposedly under the stars, but it rained. :( We ended up having that under the shelter instead. At S$30 per pax (children under 5 is free), it was expensive, of course. But, this would be the rate one should expect for seafood delights offered by Resort, i believe. Being our first night there, we just wanted to fill our stomach & get settled down quickly.

The spread was reasonable, crabs, prawns, squid, satay, lamb chop, chicken wings & sausages were among some meat dishes they barbequed for us.

We also went to this seafood restaurant (Rezeki Rumah Makan & Seafood) on our last night recommended by my sister's Batam friend. It is a kelong style restaurant, about 15mins drive from Nongsa Point Marina. We had prawns, fish, scallop, a soup, a veg & some coconut juice at a total of S$65. Not terribly cheap, not expensive either.

Read full review on my blog here:

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

With kind regards and best wishes for Happy Days ahead

Erhard M. Rueber
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Batam View Beach Resort
Turi Beach Resort
#2 of 5 in Nongsa
3.5 of 5 stars 767 reviews
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Nongsa Point Marina & Resort? Share your experiences!