Enjoyed & Love the short get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Nothing fancy about this holiday but was good enough for my hubby & me. Arrived @ hotel about 1000hrs, the staff were very attentive & friendly. We didn't had to asked but they allowed us to check in to our room. Just abit disappointed that they didn't give as a double room knowing we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and hubby's birthday.
The sea-view rooms were fully booked so not able to change room, Anyway it was only 1 night stay so let's not make a fuss since they were nice enough to let us checked in early. It was the perfect timing to go for a swim at 10plus (morning) as most guest are either checking out or not arrived at, so we had a relaxed time by the pool. [later in the afternoon, evening & Sunday morning pool was very crowded :( ] We went to the Selera Restaurant for lunch, ordered the Nasi Goreng and beef with rice; oh the food were surprising good. The staff was very friendly and efficient too. And the best part of it its so peaceful not much guest as i guess most guest went to city or to Turi Beach for meals.
Why am I surprised with the quality of food here, coz when I stayed at Turi Beach the restaurant food & staff attitude were lousy.
We went for a evening walk after our nap, managed to walked over to Turi beach. Realised there's a company retreat going on that weekend, am glad i booked into Nongsa which was much more peaceful. Would recommend the evening walk as you get very beautiful & captivating sunset.
We had the BBQ seafood dinner in the evening, nice alfresco setting and great live band performance. The overall food was alright, the seafood variation very disappointing limited, had only fish & sotong. Why call it seafood BBQ where not much seafood? Its good that they made it up with the meat variety as my hubby its not a seafood fan and he enjoyed the lamb (beef badly prepared, had only 1 thin slice) Desserts nothing fanciful and limited quantity. Abit disgusted with some diners as they piled they plates with all the desserts while they were still having their main course. So we being the first timer there, by the time we wanted dessert nothing left and the staff do not top up any-more!
Overall i will still recommend this place for couples for short getaway, lots of privacy & most importantly we love the relaxed and peaceful environment.
Note: Please improve the breakfast quality and variations as it is disappointing and pretty sad to have such lousy breakfast to start your day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort,Where The City Ends And Relaxation Begins.A yachting gateway to the Riau Islands, Nongsa Point Marina is a premier resort with international marina facilities and residential properties. Built around a natural cove on Batam Island, Indonesia, it is truly a unique waterfront destination offering a haven of peace and tranquility. Pampering to those looking for a privileged lifestyle and impressive berthing facilities for boat owners. A Mediterranean Beauty by the SeaWith a Mediterranean touch, Nongsa Point Marina and Resort offers accommodation choices of hotel rooms and chalets overlooking the marina, the ocean, and the surrounding golf course. Each guest room is equipped with modern amenities for a comfortable stay.Nongsa Point Marina is an ideal home away from home on Batam Island, Indonesia with resort facilities like sail and power boat charters, fishing, private beach, and more. Enjoy a rich selection of services for the most relaxing, worry-free vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Nongsa Point Marina & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nongsa Point Marina Hotel Batam
- Nongsa Point Marina And Resort
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort Batam