Nongsa Point Marina Chalet & Resort is good value for money, especially if you just want to relax. Place is quiet and near the sea. Although it doesn't have a private beach, you can just walk over to Turi beach from the lobby (just 10mins).
6 of us stayed at the 3 bedroom villa/chalet (27A), which is quite old but well maintained. Nothing fantastic about about the room though, and after the first night, we realise that the master bedroom had a faulty aircon that is non-responsive to the remote control and power button on the aircon itself. It continuously blow out super cold air and cannot be shut off since nothing works. There are also quite alot of mosquitoes so we just keep our doors/windows shut all the time.
The chalet comes with a living room with tv and kitchen if you wish to do cooking. No wireless internet is quite a pain and our room is really far from the main lobby. Hence we had to trouble the hotel staff to drive us all the way up back to our room quite a number of times (walking is too tough with old folks in our group and our room is really high up).
The staff there are wonderful, friendly and helpful. They helped us with booking transport to the malls (at least 30mins away), recommendation to cheap nice seafood restaurant, shuttling us from the lobby and neighbouring Turi Beach, deliver hair dryer to our room late at night. They even helped us to check that we have our ferry tickets and tax ready for our departure at the ferry terminal.
Breakfast is normal, buffet and egg station with long long queue. Nothing fantastic but ok.
Just to add on about our experience of waiting for transport since we also stayed there during the National Day period.
We took transport out to Nagoya Hill on 8 Aug and waited about 30mins, with one or two calls to the reception, and their usual reply is that the transport is coming. A minibus from Nongsa Point eventually took us to our destination for 240k IDR, which is reasonable considering that we had to take two cabs to get back for 300k IDR.
On 9 Aug, we booked transport out to Kepri Mall and similarly waited for about 30mins with the routine call to reception and usual reply. This time round, the minibus was not from Nongsa Point since we had booked for a return trip and the driver waited for us at the mall.
Overall, we did not have too much problem with the transport waiting time, but it is pretty costly and time consuming considering the location. Delay could be due to the fact that there seem to be only 2 minibuses for Nongsa Point (based on our observations) which continuously ferries the visitors around the resort. Not too sure about normal cabs, since I hardly see any around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort,Where The City Ends And Relaxation Begins.A yachting gateway to the Riau Islands, Nongsa Point Marina is a premier resort with international marina facilities and residential properties. Built around a natural cove on Batam Island, Indonesia, it is truly a unique waterfront destination offering a haven of peace and tranquility. Pampering to those looking for a privileged lifestyle and impressive berthing facilities for boat owners. A Mediterranean Beauty by the SeaWith a Mediterranean touch, Nongsa Point Marina and Resort offers accommodation choices of hotel rooms and chalets overlooking the marina, the ocean, and the surrounding golf course. Each guest room is equipped with modern amenities for a comfortable stay.Nongsa Point Marina is an ideal home away from home on Batam Island, Indonesia with resort facilities like sail and power boat charters, fishing, private beach, and more. Enjoy a rich selection of services for the most relaxing, worry-free vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Nongsa Point Marina & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nongsa Point Marina Hotel Batam
- Nongsa Point Marina And Resort
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort Batam