“Not fantastic but helpful friendly staff makes it better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nongsa Point Marina & Resort

Save Saved
You added Nongsa Point Marina & Resort to your Saves list
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Not fantastic but helpful friendly staff makes it better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nongsa Point Marina Chalet & Resort is good value for money, especially if you just want to relax. Place is quiet and near the sea. Although it doesn't have a private beach, you can just walk over to Turi beach from the lobby (just 10mins).

6 of us stayed at the 3 bedroom villa/chalet (27A), which is quite old but well maintained. Nothing fantastic about about the room though, and after the first night, we realise that the master bedroom had a faulty aircon that is non-responsive to the remote control and power button on the aircon itself. It continuously blow out super cold air and cannot be shut off since nothing works. There are also quite alot of mosquitoes so we just keep our doors/windows shut all the time.

The chalet comes with a living room with tv and kitchen if you wish to do cooking. No wireless internet is quite a pain and our room is really far from the main lobby. Hence we had to trouble the hotel staff to drive us all the way up back to our room quite a number of times (walking is too tough with old folks in our group and our room is really high up).

The staff there are wonderful, friendly and helpful. They helped us with booking transport to the malls (at least 30mins away), recommendation to cheap nice seafood restaurant, shuttling us from the lobby and neighbouring Turi Beach, deliver hair dryer to our room late at night. They even helped us to check that we have our ferry tickets and tax ready for our departure at the ferry terminal.

Breakfast is normal, buffet and egg station with long long queue. Nothing fantastic but ok.

Just to add on about our experience of waiting for transport since we also stayed there during the National Day period.
We took transport out to Nagoya Hill on 8 Aug and waited about 30mins, with one or two calls to the reception, and their usual reply is that the transport is coming. A minibus from Nongsa Point eventually took us to our destination for 240k IDR, which is reasonable considering that we had to take two cabs to get back for 300k IDR.
On 9 Aug, we booked transport out to Kepri Mall and similarly waited for about 30mins with the routine call to reception and usual reply. This time round, the minibus was not from Nongsa Point since we had booked for a return trip and the driver waited for us at the mall.

Overall, we did not have too much problem with the transport waiting time, but it is pretty costly and time consuming considering the location. Delay could be due to the fact that there seem to be only 2 minibuses for Nongsa Point (based on our observations) which continuously ferries the visitors around the resort. Not too sure about normal cabs, since I hardly see any around.

Room Tip: Try to ask for rooms nearer to the lobby, and check the air con!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your valuable, favourable feedback on your recent stay at our Resort. I have noted the challenges of getting transportation during the Public Holidays at our Resort. We are currently in contact and contract negotiation with a professional Taxi company here in Batam to ensure the availability of transportation during peak periods.

I look forward to personally welcome you back again soon, please feel free to contact me directly at : erhard@nongsapointmarina.com if I can be of any assistance for your next booking.

In the meantime I remain

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Indonesian first
singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I did not have much expectations before I arrived at the resort because me and my 3 other friends just wanted a decent respite from Singapore during the long weekend. I arrived on Thursday and checked in into a 2 bedroom chalet, 17A. The chalet was huge, with kitchen, a bedroom on level 1 and level 2 each. However, the patch of floor behind the stairs were dirty and looked like it had not been mopped. I went into the toilet and it was sandy. The sofas were also sandy. We suspected the previous occupants went to the beach and came back with the sand but I also expect the staff to clean the place thoroughly. I didn't want to make a complain because of such a small issue and I went about to wash the toilet, with a very weak shower head. In the afternoon, we wanted to book a cab to Nagoya Hills and called the reception to see to the booking. They had warn us that cabs were hard to get and we needed one hour in advance to get it but we didnt mind the wait. The reception agreed to the timing we arranged and proceeded to get us a cab. When the timing reached, there was no cab. Over the next hour, we called 3-4 times to ask about the cab and the reception kept saying "15 minutes/coming" but nothing happened. We gave up and walked to the reception to demand an answer. After another 15 mins, a taxi arrived and we were ushered into it.

The next day was worse when we wanted to go out. The same thing happen again. I even told the reception I waited more than an hour the previous day and hoped things would not be the same. Again after half an hour we find ourselves walking to the lobby. The four of us spent the next 2 hours sitting in the lobby and confronting the reception every 15 minutes on our taxi. They kept saying they will check/it's coming/15 minutes but nothing happened. Most of the times, they did not even bothered about our presence in the lobby. I ran out of patience after 2 hours and confronted the staff not in uniform behind the counter, which i assume was the manager. His reaction was to say he check, which he then picked up the phone, made some markings on a post-it pad and kept talking to his staff in Bahasa. The next 5 minutes, he and his staff continued talking and even when he finished talking he avoided my gaze. I was totally treated like invisible when I was waiting for a reply. So finally I had enough and asked him whats going on to which he replied he's sorry but there's nothing he can do, it's the cab company who keep telling him its coming. I told him off saying that if there is no cab, be frank and tell me there is no cab rather than keep telling me it's coming or it's 15 minutes. Nearly half an afternoon was spent waiting aimlessly in the lobby. Suddenly, a cab driver appeared (which I believe was not even our cab) and he got his staff to usher us to his cab. And yes, there is always different rates given by the drivers and resort about the price of cab.

This incident is enough to spoil the whole trip. I do not know why people who work in hospitality and service can avoid customer's eye contact and not bothered about their condition. The service you receive is very depersonalised. Nobody knows when you check out, nobody tells you what transport arrangements will be like, nobody introduces the hotel and facilities to you. A resort who can't even get a cab is really terrible. And lies/patronising words makes it worse. Will definitely not be back again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank for your valuable feedback on your recent stay during the Idul Fitri Holiday season. First and foremost I sincerely apologize for a marred Holiday Break. I have taken note of the lack of service in the areas as mentioned and appropriate action has been taken. For the transport issue we are in contract negotiation with a professional Taxi company here in Batam to ensure we have transportation secured as well during Public Holidays. Our Housekeeping supervisors are undergoing a refresher training on checking the rooms and Chalets and the use of the provided Check Lists have been enforced. As well our Front Office team is under a refresher training on guest handling and guest contact skills as it seems that an already bad situation has been made worse by the way you had to experience your interactions. Once more I do apologize for the unpleasant experience you had at our resort.

I do hope and look forward to welcome you back again in the near future for you to see that what you experienced was rather an isolated situation and is certainly not the regular standard we provide. Please do feel free to contact me directly at: erhard@nongsapointmarina.com

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed in a villa during the short getaway to Batam. The location of this resort is away from city, therefore traveling to and from the city will definitely require a taxi (45min drive to nagoya mall).

We had major problems waiting for the taxi. On the first day, we waited for more than an hour for a taxi to arrive to take us out for dinner. On the second day, we waited through our lunch, for 2 hours, for the taxi (or any form of transport) to take us out for lunch (it was near dinner time when we reached the city). During both occasions, we were constantly told 'ok', '15min' by staff when we probed further about whether the taxi was coming. I felt that we were not attended to and/or told the right information when we made the requests. I also felt neglected as a guest when staff did not respond to our enquiries after we made them. We could have made alternative arrangements/do something else if we were told that they could not get a taxi, which we will understand very well. Therefore, the experience with regards to transportation was extremely bad.

Our room was decent. The resort has a rustic feel, therefore, do expect natural elements and little animals. The villa was not very clean and well maintained. The toilet on level 1 and sofa were sandy. Otherwise, air-con, doors, showers and toilets were working fine. They also made the bed, but was not consistent in replacing the towels.

Breakfast was below average but can definitely fill the stomach. They had the usual coffee and tea, cereal and juice section, bread section (croissant, 2 cakes, 3 types of bread, bun), salad station, egg station where they make them on the spot, porridge, dessert, 3 types of fruits, and 6 mains. They serve very basic food.

Main attraction for this place is actually the water sports at their sister hotel, Turi Beach Resort. Very few varieties (banana boat, parasailing, kayaking, jet ski) but just enough to fill up your morning.

One can consider paying more for service and comfort (and perhaps, better view/facilities/food) at other resorts nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Minghui,

Thank you for your valuable feedback concerning the transportation services whilst staying at our resort during the Idul Fitri Holidays. First and foremost I sincerely apologize for a spoilt holiday break as you had to spend valuable time waiting for transportation to the City.

As this has shown to be an issue where other guests as well have been suffering we have already gotten in to contact with a reliable Taxi company here in Batam. We are now in negotiation for a contract that covers specially the Public Holidays and High Occupancy periods. Furthermore the Front Office employees are undergoing a refresher training customer services as this seem have made a bad situation even worse.

I hope that this experience has not deterred you from returning back to Nongsa Point Marina and Resort in the near future. Please do feel free to contact me personally at : erhard@nongsapointmarina.com for a booking of your return visit.

In the meantime I remain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I had a terrible experience here and have been telling all my friends not to patronise the place. It was really awful.

1) we booked 2 king rooms; and I emailed and called (both on record) repeatedly weeks ahead to confirm this, when we got there they gave us two twin rooms. We got there at 3 pm. The manager agreed to "push the beds together", but at 8 pm, this was not done yet. We returned from dinner with the rooms exactly the same as we left the hotel.

2) The sheets were also stained with yellow patches and the air conditioning was not working. Such was our start of a terrible weekend staycation at Nongsa Marina Point!

3) taxi booking. The morning reception staff (showed us certain prices from a menu- including 2hourly rental) regarding how much it cost to book a taxi; but when we spoke to the driver, he gave a different set of prices (with different booking durations). This was not only confusing, but frustrating as we initially thought the driver was taking advantage of us. We told the driver, there has been some confusion, we will pay him at the hotel, and when we came back to check, the afternoon Reception staff told us the driver was right. Which is fine, I will pay what was due to him. I just didn't enjoy being given wrong information in the first place.

4) the day reception manager (male) was quite nice to us during our stay as we gave feedback as and when it arose. But upon check out, when i asked for his card, he turned really nasty and was rude, trying to assert that he did see to our rooms during the check in process (which he didn't. It was the lady manager (Tita) who was on duty when we came back from dinner who handled it).

I have been meaning to write their GM a letter about my unpleasant experience. Havent had the time. My three friends who were with me, feel the same. Won't go back to Nongsa Point Marina. It's not cheap, and you don't even get proper service.

• Stayed June 2013
erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
First and foremost I sincerely apologize for the string of very disappointing experiences, obvious lack of service and the indifferent handling of your requests. I like to thank you for taking your time on writing your review and wish I would have known about this much earlier, nevertheless I thank you for the valuable feedback.

Such lack of service and indifference to customer care and service does not go down lightly, subsequently I have reviewed your points as mentioned with the respective Department Heads. Rest assured that appropriate actions have been taken to avoid such a reoccurrence in the future.

This kind of service you had to experience is certainly not our standard and by far below as to what we aspire to achieve in customer service and customer satisfaction. With this in mind I would hope that you would grant us another opportunity to prove that we are more than able to provide you with the kind of service and care that is expected of a Resort that values its guests.

Please do contact me directly for your next booking and I assure you a pleasant and memorable stay at Nongsa Point Marina and Resort . I look forward to personally welcome you and your friends back again anytime soon and in the meantime remain

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff, nice service, clean room, quite place, nice pool, like the small garden very much, like the welcome drink.

Just the food are normal....
If tey have a spa or massage place is much much better..shd hav some kids playground,

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Nongsa Point Marina and Resort and your valuable feedback. I have taken note concerning the last evening shuttle service from the Ferry Terminal to the resort and we will make the necessary adjustment so that we do not have stranded guests at the terminal. I look forward to personally welcome you back again soon

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

A good place to take your mind off the busyness of life. The place is tranquil with a private beach and harbour. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The service is genuine and efficient. However, the last shuttle bus from the jetty leaves without waiting for the last passenger to check out of the immigration. As the reosrt is located in a very secluded part of the island, It might be a a little unsettling to travel from the jetty to the resort through other modes of transport at night.
It is not a good place to consider if your intention is to sight-see and do shopping as it is not easily accessible to other parts of the island especially the city center.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

First and foremost I like to apologize for the late reply to your valuable and generous review you have given us. I have taken note concerning the departure of the Shuttle Buss leaving before the last passenger has come thru immigration and the relevant persons have been made aware of this laps of service. Thank you for bringing this up to my attention.

I look forward to personally welcome you back again soon to Nongsa Point Marina and Resort, If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do send me an e-mail to :

erhard@nongsapointmarina.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The BAD. Room mirror have a crack, some of the wall have some dirt on it, along the stairs case have bird drops....no Couples bed or one super big bed for sea view is for some of the room is a turn down.

The Good.Service! very good service, Nice BED to sleep, strong air-con :), good place to rest ^_^

Room Tip: There is 2 level of Sea View room, choose the 1st level if you wish to walk out of your room by a sm...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
I like to thank you for your valuable, helpful feedback and favourable comments, it is this kind of feedback that allows us to continuously improve our product and services. I look forward to welcome you back again soon, please request at the time of your booking a King size bed, they are available in limited numbers as well for sea view room.

With kind regards and best wishes for Happy Days ahead

Erhard M. Rueber

Been to Nongsa Point Marina & Resort? Share your experiences!