I did not have much expectations before I arrived at the resort because me and my 3 other friends just wanted a decent respite from Singapore during the long weekend. I arrived on Thursday and checked in into a 2 bedroom chalet, 17A. The chalet was huge, with kitchen, a bedroom on level 1 and level 2 each. However, the patch of floor behind the stairs were dirty and looked like it had not been mopped. I went into the toilet and it was sandy. The sofas were also sandy. We suspected the previous occupants went to the beach and came back with the sand but I also expect the staff to clean the place thoroughly. I didn't want to make a complain because of such a small issue and I went about to wash the toilet, with a very weak shower head. In the afternoon, we wanted to book a cab to Nagoya Hills and called the reception to see to the booking. They had warn us that cabs were hard to get and we needed one hour in advance to get it but we didnt mind the wait. The reception agreed to the timing we arranged and proceeded to get us a cab. When the timing reached, there was no cab. Over the next hour, we called 3-4 times to ask about the cab and the reception kept saying "15 minutes/coming" but nothing happened. We gave up and walked to the reception to demand an answer. After another 15 mins, a taxi arrived and we were ushered into it.
The next day was worse when we wanted to go out. The same thing happen again. I even told the reception I waited more than an hour the previous day and hoped things would not be the same. Again after half an hour we find ourselves walking to the lobby. The four of us spent the next 2 hours sitting in the lobby and confronting the reception every 15 minutes on our taxi. They kept saying they will check/it's coming/15 minutes but nothing happened. Most of the times, they did not even bothered about our presence in the lobby. I ran out of patience after 2 hours and confronted the staff not in uniform behind the counter, which i assume was the manager. His reaction was to say he check, which he then picked up the phone, made some markings on a post-it pad and kept talking to his staff in Bahasa. The next 5 minutes, he and his staff continued talking and even when he finished talking he avoided my gaze. I was totally treated like invisible when I was waiting for a reply. So finally I had enough and asked him whats going on to which he replied he's sorry but there's nothing he can do, it's the cab company who keep telling him its coming. I told him off saying that if there is no cab, be frank and tell me there is no cab rather than keep telling me it's coming or it's 15 minutes. Nearly half an afternoon was spent waiting aimlessly in the lobby. Suddenly, a cab driver appeared (which I believe was not even our cab) and he got his staff to usher us to his cab. And yes, there is always different rates given by the drivers and resort about the price of cab.
This incident is enough to spoil the whole trip. I do not know why people who work in hospitality and service can avoid customer's eye contact and not bothered about their condition. The service you receive is very depersonalised. Nobody knows when you check out, nobody tells you what transport arrangements will be like, nobody introduces the hotel and facilities to you. A resort who can't even get a cab is really terrible. And lies/patronising words makes it worse. Will definitely not be back again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort,Where The City Ends And Relaxation Begins.A yachting gateway to the Riau Islands, Nongsa Point Marina is a premier resort with international marina facilities and residential properties. Built around a natural cove on Batam Island, Indonesia, it is truly a unique waterfront destination offering a haven of peace and tranquility. Pampering to those looking for a privileged lifestyle and impressive berthing facilities for boat owners. A Mediterranean Beauty by the SeaWith a Mediterranean touch, Nongsa Point Marina and Resort offers accommodation choices of hotel rooms and chalets overlooking the marina, the ocean, and the surrounding golf course. Each guest room is equipped with modern amenities for a comfortable stay.Nongsa Point Marina is an ideal home away from home on Batam Island, Indonesia with resort facilities like sail and power boat charters, fishing, private beach, and more. Enjoy a rich selection of services for the most relaxing, worry-free vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Nongsa Point Marina & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nongsa Point Marina Hotel Batam
- Nongsa Point Marina And Resort
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort Batam