Stayed in a villa during the short getaway to Batam. The location of this resort is away from city, therefore traveling to and from the city will definitely require a taxi (45min drive to nagoya mall).
We had major problems waiting for the taxi. On the first day, we waited for more than an hour for a taxi to arrive to take us out for dinner. On the second day, we waited through our lunch, for 2 hours, for the taxi (or any form of transport) to take us out for lunch (it was near dinner time when we reached the city). During both occasions, we were constantly told 'ok', '15min' by staff when we probed further about whether the taxi was coming. I felt that we were not attended to and/or told the right information when we made the requests. I also felt neglected as a guest when staff did not respond to our enquiries after we made them. We could have made alternative arrangements/do something else if we were told that they could not get a taxi, which we will understand very well. Therefore, the experience with regards to transportation was extremely bad.
Our room was decent. The resort has a rustic feel, therefore, do expect natural elements and little animals. The villa was not very clean and well maintained. The toilet on level 1 and sofa were sandy. Otherwise, air-con, doors, showers and toilets were working fine. They also made the bed, but was not consistent in replacing the towels.
Breakfast was below average but can definitely fill the stomach. They had the usual coffee and tea, cereal and juice section, bread section (croissant, 2 cakes, 3 types of bread, bun), salad station, egg station where they make them on the spot, porridge, dessert, 3 types of fruits, and 6 mains. They serve very basic food.
Main attraction for this place is actually the water sports at their sister hotel, Turi Beach Resort. Very few varieties (banana boat, parasailing, kayaking, jet ski) but just enough to fill up your morning.
One can consider paying more for service and comfort (and perhaps, better view/facilities/food) at other resorts nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort,Where The City Ends And Relaxation Begins.A yachting gateway to the Riau Islands, Nongsa Point Marina is a premier resort with international marina facilities and residential properties. Built around a natural cove on Batam Island, Indonesia, it is truly a unique waterfront destination offering a haven of peace and tranquility. Pampering to those looking for a privileged lifestyle and impressive berthing facilities for boat owners. A Mediterranean Beauty by the SeaWith a Mediterranean touch, Nongsa Point Marina and Resort offers accommodation choices of hotel rooms and chalets overlooking the marina, the ocean, and the surrounding golf course. Each guest room is equipped with modern amenities for a comfortable stay.Nongsa Point Marina is an ideal home away from home on Batam Island, Indonesia with resort facilities like sail and power boat charters, fishing, private beach, and more. Enjoy a rich selection of services for the most relaxing, worry-free vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Nongsa Point Marina & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nongsa Point Marina And Resort
- Nongsa Point Marina Hotel Batam
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort Batam