I had a terrible experience here and have been telling all my friends not to patronise the place. It was really awful.
1) we booked 2 king rooms; and I emailed and called (both on record) repeatedly weeks ahead to confirm this, when we got there they gave us two twin rooms. We got there at 3 pm. The manager agreed to "push the beds together", but at 8 pm, this was not done yet. We returned from dinner with the rooms exactly the same as we left the hotel.
2) The sheets were also stained with yellow patches and the air conditioning was not working. Such was our start of a terrible weekend staycation at Nongsa Marina Point!
3) taxi booking. The morning reception staff (showed us certain prices from a menu- including 2hourly rental) regarding how much it cost to book a taxi; but when we spoke to the driver, he gave a different set of prices (with different booking durations). This was not only confusing, but frustrating as we initially thought the driver was taking advantage of us. We told the driver, there has been some confusion, we will pay him at the hotel, and when we came back to check, the afternoon Reception staff told us the driver was right. Which is fine, I will pay what was due to him. I just didn't enjoy being given wrong information in the first place.
4) the day reception manager (male) was quite nice to us during our stay as we gave feedback as and when it arose. But upon check out, when i asked for his card, he turned really nasty and was rude, trying to assert that he did see to our rooms during the check in process (which he didn't. It was the lady manager (Tita) who was on duty when we came back from dinner who handled it).
I have been meaning to write their GM a letter about my unpleasant experience. Havent had the time. My three friends who were with me, feel the same. Won't go back to Nongsa Point Marina. It's not cheap, and you don't even get proper service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort,Where The City Ends And Relaxation Begins.A yachting gateway to the Riau Islands, Nongsa Point Marina is a premier resort with international marina facilities and residential properties. Built around a natural cove on Batam Island, Indonesia, it is truly a unique waterfront destination offering a haven of peace and tranquility. Pampering to those looking for a privileged lifestyle and impressive berthing facilities for boat owners. A Mediterranean Beauty by the SeaWith a Mediterranean touch, Nongsa Point Marina and Resort offers accommodation choices of hotel rooms and chalets overlooking the marina, the ocean, and the surrounding golf course. Each guest room is equipped with modern amenities for a comfortable stay.Nongsa Point Marina is an ideal home away from home on Batam Island, Indonesia with resort facilities like sail and power boat charters, fishing, private beach, and more. Enjoy a rich selection of services for the most relaxing, worry-free vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Nongsa Point Marina & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nongsa Point Marina Hotel Batam
- Nongsa Point Marina And Resort
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort Batam