At first glance, Nongsa Point looks magnificent. Nestled in a bay, the chalets line the hill side overlooking the marina and sea. The reception and lounge is pristine white. Then, you notice the flies around the restaurant. The beef rendang is delicious though. Service is slow but friendly.
We took the 3-room chalet for $300. The surroundings are clean and there are many monkeys roaming around, which could be a plus/minus for some. The place has a working kitchen, with pots, pans, plates etc, but no dish washing liquid. There's also a LCD tv with cable. Each room has an ensuite bathroom and a queen bed. It was clean. Aircon worked, there's hot water. No wifi.
The decor is quite tired, with furniture and paintings from the 70s or 80s. The towel rack in one bathroom was broken, and the shower head was placed too low. The bed is firm but the pillow is very thin, so bring your own pillows if you need support. What worried me was I could not lock the balcony door in the bedroom but it seemed pretty safe.
Breakfast is ok, with servings of tropical fruit, rice, noodles, bread, hot dog sausages, hash browns and fried chicken wings. But with the flies around, I only ate from the egg station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort,Where The City Ends And Relaxation Begins.A yachting gateway to the Riau Islands, Nongsa Point Marina is a premier resort with international marina facilities and residential properties. Built around a natural cove on Batam Island, Indonesia, it is truly a unique waterfront destination offering a haven of peace and tranquility. Pampering to those looking for a privileged lifestyle and impressive berthing facilities for boat owners. A Mediterranean Beauty by the SeaWith a Mediterranean touch, Nongsa Point Marina and Resort offers accommodation choices of hotel rooms and chalets overlooking the marina, the ocean, and the surrounding golf course. Each guest room is equipped with modern amenities for a comfortable stay.Nongsa Point Marina is an ideal home away from home on Batam Island, Indonesia with resort facilities like sail and power boat charters, fishing, private beach, and more. Enjoy a rich selection of services for the most relaxing, worry-free vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Nongsa Point Marina & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nongsa Point Marina And Resort
- Nongsa Point Marina Hotel Batam
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort Batam