Have stayed here a number of times over the past four years, each time taken a 3 bedroom chalet. All of the chalets we have had have been very different, one was very nice, this one was far from nice.
The 3 bedroom chalets are listed as accommodating 6 people and indeed there are three bedrooms with room for 6 people to sleep. The problem is that there is only seating for 4 people. This particular chalet (26b) was very poorly outfitted. The lounge furniture was broken and so uncomfortable that we ended up sitting on the floor. The television was so old its hard to remember when we had a television like that. The kitchen was ok, although there was not a single knife in the place, spoons and forks, but no knives, not sure how that works.
If I stay here again I will certainly demand to know which chalet we are being given before we agree to stay in it.
The resort itself is quite good, at least we like it. Its simple and you have to make your own fun but being able to use the Turi Beach resort next door means good access to beach activites like banana boating, parasailing, canoing and so on. The beach itself at Turi is nicer than at Nongsa, but we were pleased to see that in th elast year the Nongsa beach had been cleaned up and yuou could I suppose swim there if you really wanted to .
The pool at Nongsa is quite good, tropical effect and so on, but for some reason it was almost impossible to get a pool towel. Took quite a few hours of asking before we found where they were hidden. On the next day I just went and got them myself as the pool staff were invisible.
The food at Nongsa is ok, its nothing special and indeed the breakfast is not great at all. Ordering off the menu in the restaurant for lunch and dinner is quite good on our experience. Their ayam bakar and burgers are excellent, fish and chips were by all reports good and the nasi goreng was much appreciated by those who ate it. My kids seemed to live on chicken and beef burgers for the whole weekend. We had a BBQ dinner on the saturday night which was ok but nothing to write home about. It was probably a little expensive for the quality of the food and we had to ask a nunmber of times for the staff to refill the food that was quickly eaten by people waiting for it be cooked and put out.
Overall we quite like it here for a quiet weekend, there is golf close-by, lots of water activities, the food is ok without being great and its just a good place to relax. But understand that it is a long way from anywhere to shop, so if you want to go shopping in Batam this is not the place to do it.
What did surprise me was the increase in prices all round. I dont think this place is as good value as it once was, even one year ago. For just a little more we could have gone to Bali for the weekend, so if the prices stay high we are not likely to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort,Where The City Ends And Relaxation Begins.A yachting gateway to the Riau Islands, Nongsa Point Marina is a premier resort with international marina facilities and residential properties. Built around a natural cove on Batam Island, Indonesia, it is truly a unique waterfront destination offering a haven of peace and tranquility. Pampering to those looking for a privileged lifestyle and impressive berthing facilities for boat owners. A Mediterranean Beauty by the SeaWith a Mediterranean touch, Nongsa Point Marina and Resort offers accommodation choices of hotel rooms and chalets overlooking the marina, the ocean, and the surrounding golf course. Each guest room is equipped with modern amenities for a comfortable stay.Nongsa Point Marina is an ideal home away from home on Batam Island, Indonesia with resort facilities like sail and power boat charters, fishing, private beach, and more. Enjoy a rich selection of services for the most relaxing, worry-free vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Nongsa Point Marina & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nongsa Point Marina Hotel Batam
- Nongsa Point Marina And Resort
- Nongsa Point Marina & Resort Batam