- Stay 3 days 2 nights from 29 Nov to 1 Dec 08
- Excellent Customer Service, always obliging to our requests
- Facilities a bit old and need upgrading
- Construction of new wing slightly noisy (not audible from rooms) but bearable
- Above average food and can bit pricey depending on what you order
- Free shuttle to Nagoya (for shopping) a big plus
1. First Impressions
We arrived at the ferry terminal at about 10 am. The Harris staff was there at the immigration and took care of the clearance. We just zipped through to the customs and boarded the waiting Harris shuttle bus. Harris resort was just 5 min away.
Arrival at the reception was very warm. We were greeted with a nice cold glass of bandung and cold towel. The weather was hot and it was very refreshing. The cookies served was superb!
Over the next 3 days, I realized this greeting routine is the same for all guests. Though it was well rehearsed and the staff are very warm and have a big smile on their faces, I thought they could have one other routine with a different music, dance, drink, etc.
The reception staff -- unfortunately I did not look at her name tag. She is very patient with our many questions and requests. She deserves a customer service award.
The rooms are big and spacious. Over 20 international cable TV channels including Disney, EPSN, HBO, Star Movies. The room have a tinge of stale furniture smell. Air con (Sanyo) was strong, which was important given the hot weather. We booked an extra bed as we have 2 adults and 2 children in the room, but we had to request housekeeping for extra towels. I thought they could have provided them without us asking. The toilet was average, the bath tub elevation was a bit odd, so the water kept seeping from the bath top onto the floor when we used the shower.
The pool was big with 2 basketball hoops and 2 soccer posts. You could borrow the balls from the towel stand for a game. The resort also organizes water polo games which I see guests clearly enjoyed them. My kids enjoyed the water slide, but it was somewhat old and needed maintenance. The jacuzzi pool was a wreck, the jets are spluttering and almost a goner.
4. Bowling Alley
The alley reminds me of the good 80s. The equipment were very old and lanes not oiled. But balls are new though. We took lane 5 and lane 6 and we need the help of the alley manager to saw mechanical faults at the lanes at least 6 times. But nonetheless, we enjoyed ourselves and the alley manager was very kind to us,
We encountered two big groups and the F&B can't accommodate smaller groups like ours (I have 8 adults and 4 children). We had to sit in the patio for lunch which was very hot (abt 34 deg celsius).
The Arirang restaurant serves Korean and Japanese food. You can give the Chicken Ginseng soup a miss as it hardly tasted like the real thing. Otherwise, the food is 3.5 out of 5.
The spa is very good. Masseurs have good technique. 4 of us tried and all reported very good experience with the scrub, bath and massage (tried Indonesia, Sports, and Hot Stone). We would have gone for a second session had the spa not be fully booked.
Singapore Dollars and Indonesian Rupiah are accepted at the resort, but best to pay in Rupiah as the foreign exchange rate is poor. If you go to Nagoya Hills shopping centre (free hotel shuttle), there is a money changer right at the entrance. They give good rates.
8. Kids Club / Kids' Activities
The kids club was quite pathetic, The toys are old and outdated. My kids (4 & 6 yrs old) didn't last 5 min, They were bored and wanted out. But the kids activities organized at the lobby were not too bad -- colouring, hand painting, balloon sculpturing (but balloons used are of poor quality and burst easily). There are also board games you can borrow like Scrabble, Chess, etc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly resort facing the strait of Singapore and the sea view with spacious accommodation and giant free form swimming pool. Strategic destination and a perfect vacation spot for couples, families or business purposes. With 308 rooms and suites including 20 cabanas, this hotel has the largest number of room provided in Funky and Trendy Wing.Harris Funky will cater the needs of your most discerning family member while easily keeping the whole group occupied and satisfied. Harris Trendy has the newest and trendiest all inclusive concepts, reserved exclusively for couples and singles . Asia's one of its kind, an all inclusive concept welcomes couples and singles to experience carefree days and endless irresistible nights in Batam. The atmosphere allows event the most conventional of guest to throw caution-to-the-wind and experience life like never before. Located just 40 minutes away from Harbourfront Center Singapore, Harris Resort Batam try to persuade its guests to linger with a plethora of water sports & indoor entertainment in the form of a ten-lane bowling alley, Squash & billiards, ATV , Jet Ski, Flying Fox or sea sport activities. Soothe the muscles with one of our treatments at the spa, foot reflexology facilities or head to the giant free-form pool. The H-Spa an oasis of calm and serenity with breathtaking sea views and sunset in the afternoon, provide Harris Fans with a haven to luxuriate and pamper themselves with a selection of Body and Facial treatments masterfully executed by highly trained therapists. Two outlets to ease hunger pains are available by providing Indonesian, Asian and Western cuisines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Batam Waterfront Hotel Batam
- Batam Harris Hotel