“Indeed "Simple, Unique, Friendly" !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. KH. Ahmad Dahlan | Marina Waterfront City, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sekupang
Singapore, Singapore
“Indeed "Simple, Unique, Friendly" !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed on 9Jun14 for 3 nights.

Poor points( for improvement ;) )
1) Swimming pool is dirty, sandy.
2) Weekdays, not much event. Dino club programmes are not running.
3) Dino club is the facility we visited most, hence i have more to reflect and suggest to the mgt.
* Soft toys near the door of Dino club are given off moist, weird smell. Not very welcoming. Should consider throwing away.
* play dough are black. Pls consider changing.
* toys or crafts seem to be self service. Do stack or label properly.
* Do consider putting sign of "pls remove shoes before entry" outside the club room.
* hope that the toys are sterile or clean often.
4) Good if a sign can show time of (foot massage or Dino club,etc ) staff return when they are away for breaks.

Good points:
1) Staff are really friendly. Most of them greet us with big smile. Keep it up !
2) Wide variety Breakfast
3) The food(eg. split pizza, pasta and salmon fried rice)at the hotel's restaurant are the best we had at Batam(compare to food at the Malls).
4) The first time I see hotel lobby offering biscuit at the counter(usually candy). Unique! Taste good, my hubby likes it very much.

We will return again !

Room Tip: We requested for a sea view, new wing and was given. The room is big. However at level four, blocked...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear HARRIS Fan 18MayHM,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for your time to share your comments and feedback with us during your stay.

We definitely look into all your constructive comments to improve our services offered to future clients and we do thank you for all the positive remarks in regards to our staff friendliness and quality of services and food offered.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players I would like to thank you once again for choosing our Resort and we are looking forward to welcoming you with us once again.

HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My trip to Batam was definitely a pleasant one, thanks to Harris.
Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted with speedy and efficient service and were surrounded by a warm and friendly atmosphere. Within minutes, we had settled our accommodation, return ferry tickets as well as shuttle to Nagoya. Not only that, since we bought a package from deal.com, our massage timing was also settled all at one go upon arrival.
While walking to our rooms, the staff were very hospitable and showed us the way since we got a bit lost. The rooms were also very clean and we were satisfied with the state of the room we were presented.
Room service was quick and the staff at Harries were attentive to the various requests we had. When we were making taxi bookings, they were also very kind to recommend us places of interests to visit and made effort to strike conversations with us.
I would definitely recommend Harris to any traveler coming to Batam, their service makes the entire experience a wholesome and enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the no smoking zone.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear HARRIS Fan Suffang,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us and we are more glad to see that you had such a great time.

As you describe very well the friendly atmosphere is immediately felt from the first moment you
visit our Resort and all our staff is always more than happy to assist you in every way and when you need anything are always there to help.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players we would like to thank you for choosing our Resort and we are looking forward to having you with us again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Short trip to Batam and had booked this hotel through my agent. It was so unpleasant welcome I got. While checkin at the counter, handled by Nana (or Mona maybe), she looks so confused when I gave my voucher. She asked me when did I make this booking? This is ridiculous, she can simple look at the voucher and there's confirmation by Dessy, their reservation agent I think. For someone who really tired of tons duty things, what I really need is rest. It still continued anyway. She asked me to wait 'couple minutes'. What she really meant for 'couple minutes' is exactly 18 minutes. I'm so stressful at that time.
Finally, she told me that my reservation was just created by today. Well, then what? It's not my business. They should make a good coordination between intern department. No chit chat anymore, I grabbed my key and go to my room. Well the nightmare comes again. Unfortunately for me, while checkout time, the same receptionist handle my bill. Oh my.. I was expecting another staff to handle it, but since there's no choice, I've to let her handle it then. Almost the same issue again, I had to wait almost 15 min before she let me go after I asked her for my room checking. I will never ever back to this hotel. It's a nightmare for a traveler who made a booking through travel agent. Is it because we pay cheaper if booking through agent? I hope their management could deep brief such of this staff to avoid lost bookings in future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear HARRIS Fan JuanL,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you for the time taken to share your personal opinion about your stay with us and the services provided by our Resort.

We are sorry to see that your overall experience has been influenced by our handling of your reservation and we are sorry to see that you would like to have a more faster service but unfortunately due to a very last minute reservation correspondence had to be checked.

Nevertheless we thank you for your feedback in order to rectify our procedures if need to. Please allow me to say that maybe your overall judgment is maybe based on one incident that does not reflect the whole hotel services.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players I would like to thank you for having stayed at our Resort.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was having my Birthday Vacation 3D2N at here. At first I thought that this Resort might be a good resort. However everything is out of my expectation.
The Rooms is clean, but the furnished there is quite old already. The sofa in the room is quite disgusting that you may not be wanna sit on it. The toilet sometime will stuck awhile. The only best thing in the room is the bed, it is big and comfortable and we can have a good rest at there.

The Harris Cafe, in the morning is quite squeeze and too many people already. If they have another choice of restaurant to having the breakfast then it will be perfect. Beside of the Restaurant space, actually their service in the restaurant is quite good. In the morning is a busy timing for everyone, and they still can serve us the buffet breakfast fast and non-stop. It makes everyone can enjoy the breakfast without waiting any single minutes.

At night we have a buffet dinner near the pool, we thought is nice because of the environment but that is not we think like that. Over there got a lot of mosquitoes and is very disturbing when you are having the dinner there. End up we move to the indoor to enjoy our BBQ Buffet Dinner. One thing makes us surprise is the staff know us bitten by those insects and they was preparing the medicine for us. It makes us feel full of caring from the staff.

Talk about another restaurant in this resort is Arirang Japanese/Korean Restaurant. The staff there is not really want to serve any customer as they did not give us any friendly action. The meal they serve us is just nice only. The ONLY thing i was a bit not agreed is we ordered a plate of Salmon Sashimi. But what they serve us is not fresh one!!! This Sashimi Just put inside the fridge I dun know how long already and just anyhow take out and serve us. It was quite disgusting when we bite the Sashimi and is full of ICE!!!! Not only that, we ask for an ice water, but the water come back to us is got some weird taste.... Therefore, I only order the hot tea..

Last thing is regarding to the check out system. There are total 5-6 staff at the counter there. They just assign 1 staff for check out and the rest is for check in. Please think about it there was a long queue for check out already and the check in counter did not have anyone there. We just do not understand that why they cannot open 1 or 2 more counter for check out service to avoid any delay or the guest waiting time.
Even thought we go and request the free counter to assist us to do the check out as we are in hurry to move to next place, the staff still not sure how to do is better. Till we talk to their manager who was just stand beside her and he at the end ask the staff to open another 2 more counter for check out service.

This kind of thing should be more flexible and organism. Not just all are check in counter then left 1 for check out when there was a lot of family and guest is in hurry to check out already.

Anyway this trip for me is main to be relax. There was a lot of things make us not really happy for it but when they provide us a good service good attitude. Everything to us is being very good enough already.

Again, their service is best than everything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear HARRIS Fan Shin0613,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your personal opinion about your stay with us.
We are sorry to see that some parts of your stay was not up to your expectations and we have taken note to discuss all of your comments with our team in order to be able to serve better our future guests.
We will also pass your comments to our tenants in regards to the Arirang Restaurant as it is not under our operation and we will rectify the services and quality provided to our guests.

Last we are glad that you are satisfied with the overall experience and you mention that our services still maintain to be the best than everything.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players we are thank you for choosing our Resort for your relaxation and we hope to be able to have you with us for another stay in the future.

Nomad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Was totally put off by the sales/reservations team that I can't convince myself to put some faith in them and make a quick reservation for a 3D2N holiday for the family.

Nil reply from 1st email sent 2days ago. Harris must be making great business and hence too busy to reply. Never mind, made a quick call to the Singapore sales office and was quickly and professionally transferred to the batam office whom finally replied with a nett rate/room/night. Good service restored some confidence in the "exceptional" service which everyone seems to talk about.

Asked if the nett rate for family room included tax, breakfast and inland transfer. Reply from sales team was, "the price is nett". YES, I KNOW! You mentioned already....But the online terms are always inclusive of breakfast and inland transfer. So what's wrong with confirming this again via email?

Asked again nicely if the rate include tax as it seems different hotelier have different definitions. If you have traveled enough in Asia, you will know this. Also asked if there are any family room in the new wing as reviews here always points to poor leaky AC units in the room while I prefer to have better rooms with stronger AC. In the end, original batam sales rep ignored me and simply passed me over to another guy who send me some links of all the room types. No availability info, no price. At this point, I am utterly disgusted by the sales attitude that I decided that I SHALL NOT contribute to the GDP.

By the way, I believe the "new" wing/rooms have aged as well. Hence the lousy AC conditions. But please don't take my word for it. I concluded this by looking at the time stamps on other travelers' photos.

You may think that I am a very unreasonable person but let's face it. In this day and age, we do expect quality information available at the very least from the internet. Lousy internet booking system without optional room info and lousy internet booking team is enough to set my warning alarm off before I commit some money and more importantly, valuable family vacation time only to regret it and give a maybe 2-3star review (assuming hotel staff are really good and we're blessed with a room with real AC and not a blower)

By the way, this review is 1 star only because zero is not possible.

Will never attempt to book again!

Stayed June 2014
Dear Harris Fan Mr Maxim_Lee,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for sharing your personal opinion and comments with us regardless that you did not even stay with us and your overall judgment is very unfair.

We thank you for expressing your personal opinion about the way the reservation was handled and from our part after having investigated it seems that all answers where answered promptly and in a professional way. Our online reservation system is very easy to navigate and self explanatory when it comes to reserving a room and we do receive many reservations.
Once again thank you for your feedback and our reservations team including myself are available to help for future reservations.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Its a very friendly environment and staff of all levels. The water sports was not explored as it was raining. Very nice swimming pool and bowling alley. A number of activities for kids including real cooking class. my 10 year old made pizza for us.

The cafe serves all kinds of food with reasonable quality. However the food is a little expensive and there are no nearby restaurants unless you don't mind street food kind of stalls.

The town is not really far but the taxi will only travel about 40-50km/h therefore it takes about 30 min. The taxi charges are very reasonable as well about IDR240k or SGD 27 for two way with waiting time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear HARRIS Fan Ziawdeen,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for the time taken to share your review with us and we are very glad to see that you had a good time and enjoy your stay with us.

We are happy also that all the family had a good time and your children had fun during the holidays. we do hope next time you are with us the weather will permit to you to have more fun with outdoor activities and sports.

On Behalf of all the HARRIS Players we would like to thank you for staying with us during your holidays and look forward to having you with us once again.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Feel great with the welcome drink and especially the cold towel for a hot weather, really appreciate it.
Room is spacious and clean, and hotel attendant are friendly, thumb up.
There is only thing to bring up is there is too little shop. Suggest to have more shops there, then it will be perfect

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Harris Fan Meidi

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles,

Thank you very much for your comments shared with us and other travelers.

We are glad that your overall experience has been a great one and we are happy to receive also your recommendations and feedback in regards to our facilities.

On behalf of all the HARRIS Players we would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your relaxation and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you with us once again.

HARRIS Resort Waterfront Batam

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!