“Great place for a quick get-away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. KH. Ahmad Dahlan | Marina Waterfront City, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sekupang
Singapore, Singapore
“Great place for a quick get-away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Room 116
Family Suite good for a couple with a kid pre-school
Swimming and simple pool side with ball games available
We did 1-2 games at the bowling alley
Took the free shuttle to Nagoya Hill shopping mall

• Stayed December 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Kenny67,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for sharing your so compact and straight to the point review about your stay with us with other members of the travel community.

We are so glad that you enjoyed overall our facilities and as you describe, yes we are very suitable for families with all sorts of in house fun games to do ranging from the youngest to the oldest children.
Our Family Rooms are very conviniently located on the ground floor with easy access to the pool making them very popular for families with especially young children.

We would like to thank you once again to have choosen our Resort for your quick getaway and we do hope to have you with us in the near future.

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Excellent service at a budget price. The resort has almost everything that you will need during your holiday be it for entertainment or food. Staffs there are really friendly and approachable. Easy to travel to the city area of batam.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Ykokhui,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review which i must congractulate you
as giving the most descriptive picture of our Resort in such a few lines.

Indeed we are as you so well put it having everything you need on the premisses and as i always say we are a one stop Resort with so many activities restaurants and fun things to do that
you do not need to go anywhere else.
Thank you also for the so positive comments about our friendly staff and please allow me
once more on behalf of all the Harris Players to say that we do look forward to having you
with us in the near future again.

Harrisly Yours

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My family & I really enjoyed our 3d2n stay (4th Dec 2012-6th Dec 2012), at
the Harris Resort Batam. They really have a bunch of nice & friendly staffs
there. Excellent service right from front desk to the rest of the staffs.
Room service was fast responded. Reservation & check-in for my family room
was also quick & easy. Before reservation, I made an email enquiry about
their room rates, charges, etc & Linda/Desy responded to all my email
queries really fast. Upon reaching the resort, we were served a welcome
drink & they gave us wet towels to refresh/wipe ourselves. We felt so
welcome. Thank you! Room wise, its up to our expectations. The air con was
working well too. Their buffet breakfast was good. Our family room (ROOM NO.
112) was just beside the swimming pool so it was very convenient for my
family to go swimming. Overall, my family & I are very happy & satisfied
with their services & we really enjoyed our stay there & yes....will
definitely come back & stay at Harris Resort Batam for our next planned
holiday. I would like to thank all the staffs of Harris for making our stay
really enjoyable & memorable & not forgetting Desy/Linda from reservation,
thank you for answering all my email queries,for the arrangement for our 2
way transfer & for reserving our Family room for us. Thank you so much
all!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Mme Suri,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

We would like to thank you for the genuine feedback and sharing your overall stay experience
here in tripadvisor with the so large interantional travelers community of the world.
Most of all we are glad that you had an enjoyable holiday and all staff encountered were friendly
and some were mentioned by name for their outstanding performence in serving you.
We would also like to thank you for all the nice comments about the food and atmospehere of the resort and we will be more than happy to welcome you many more times and have you as part
of our many repeat friends coming to stay with us.

Harrisly yours

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed at Harris Waterfront about 2 months ago with my buddy. Location is a bit out of place. We decided to stay the whole day in the hotel without going out. The pool looked nice but both of us choose to spend the whole night chit chat in the room instead. The beach is not clean to even sit there to chat. The restaurant is too pricely. Hence, we just went to the cafe to take away some snacks like wings which the foods are quite nice. We called for a wine opener at least twice and it took 1.5 hours to arrive. The room are not so clean and with very noisy air-conditioner which I cannot sleep properly (lazy to complaint since only 1 night). I saw that they are doing some renovation and upgrade. Hope that they can improve to get a better rating soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Harris Fan Scasperqueen,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where is all Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us to the travel community and we would like to thank you for your comments as for us the feedback is valuable
for improvements.
We are glad that overall your stay was a pleasant one and as you said it you can stay in the resort with no need to move with plenty of things to do.
Indeed some renovations are already starting to taking place and we are going to extent them even more gradually.
We hope that even some minor faults during your stay occured we will be able to have you with us once again in the near future.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

This is my third visit to this Harris resort, my fourth visit to Batam in two years. I have always recommended it to my friends.

But somehow this visit was not as exciting as my last two visits. My fervour is a bit mellowed.

Below is a list of my gripes, and a list of my compliments.

Overall I do believe that Harris Resort is a good place for the 2D1N getaway from home. I was probably just unlucky this time.

It is a distance from Nagoya (about 30mins drive), so I would recommend paying for the shuttle bus (SGD10/pax) if you're alone or with one other person. If you're in a big group, flag down a cab. Wikipedia says it costs about SGD10 (about USD8) per way.

For those who want a small dose of local life, there's a warung opposite the front entrance that serves local dishes like Nasi Ayam Penyet and Bakso at very affordable prices (IDR15000 = USD1.50)

There are also activities for adrenaline junkies like ATV, paintball shooting and flying fox.

What I didn't like:
1) The spa staff asked for tips. This is the first time it happened. When I didn't give her any she was visibly upset and glared at me as I walked out (I come from a non-tipping culture. I always believe tips are earned, not requested)
2) Tap water was yellow when faucet was turned to "hot". But it became clear when faucet was turned to "cold".
3) Safe can be easily opened by a housekeeping staff. I had accidentally locked the safe so I called front desk and they sent someone up. I told him my problem and he said he had to get another key. He came back (with no manager) and helped us open the safe. He then taught us the proper way to set our password.

What I liked:
1) Ahmad the front desk staff. I had made bookings using some coupons but forgot to bring them with me. Instead of charging me the full rate (which was the fine print on the coupon) he suggested I email him the e-coupons instead.
2) Staff were very patient even when there were many demanding guests waiting to check in (my country unfortunately is not known for its patience). Special mention goes to Riska from Reservations for being so helpful with ferry reservations.
3) A staff from the front desk called our room in the
evening to ask us how our stay was and if there was anything they could do
4) The korean/japanese restaurant. Quite pricey but portions were big and they gave us free appetisers and sliced watermelons

• Stayed November 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Harris Fan RashidadSingapore,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for all your comments and feedback concerning your stay with us and we are so glad to receive your comments especially since you have been returning to our property
so many times.

We have noted well all your comments and constructive critisism and we will do our best to rectify all areas as you mention in order to provide a better service to all our Harris Fans.
Thank you very much for the special mention of our Harris Players outstanding service towards
yourself and the mention of all our new Fun Activities for Adrenaline Junkies.

We do hope to be able to have you with us in the near future with better impressions of the Harris Simple Unique and Friendly service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Was given a room in the old wing, so nothing fantastic. The free massage felt so bad, my beau and I decided to give up the 2nd hour.

Located far from town, free shuttle bus was a plus, but frequency was inadequate.

I'd suggest topping up for better value elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Michling,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all is Pleasure and Fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with other
travellers and giving your personal oppinion about Resort.
As have noticed your stay with us was in December 2011 is almost from over one year ago so I cannot really comment on your various views.
Certainly many things have been changed and improved also we have additional facilities since
you last visited us like the Watersports and ATV machines with our fun jungle Trekking...

We do hope to be able to have you with us once again as this time our resort offers so many things that you do not need to go into town for more distraction.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I am very disappointed with the service that they have provided when my family checked in last nov. 7, 2012. First, it was an off peak season but the room they gave us is in the old bldg and it was not properly cleaned up, it has a very irritating musty smell and the beddings have stains, no toiletries provided as well and the wifi doesnt even work in that area.. so much for their free wifi. So we requested to be transfered to the new bldg, the room is ok, but still below standard. We went out to chill in the pool but they are working on scaffoldings so they keep on asking us to move to another recliner for several times.Then at night we chose to dine in the pool side restaurant, the waitress gave us ala carte menu w/o informing us that there is also buffet. When we turn around and saw the buffet inside after placing our orders, we immediately ask them to cancel the ala carte order and informed them that we want to take the buffet instead. The waitress said she will check and after 15 mins she get back and said its already cooked, she took 15 mins to check ofcourse its possible that the orders were already cooked. Just before she got back to us I asked another waitress to see if we can cancel, so after the first waitress informed us that we cannot cancel anymore the 2nd waitress we asked run towards me and said we can already have the buffet. So as confusing as it is, i decided to checked with the manager to confirm whether we can have the buffet or not, and to my surprise the asst manager approach me and told me that i cannot cancel because if i cancel then the waitress will bear the trouble for it. I believe it shouldn't be this way because it was not our fault that we were not informed by the waitress that there is a buffet, and second if she came to the kitchen immediately after we asked her to cancel then probably the cook wouldnt proceed with our orders. So why can't we have the food we wanted just because of the waitress fault? Some more the asst mngr tried to pacify us by bribing us with free dessert from the buffet which is so cheap! We didnt liked it, as we are not complaining bcoz we want something free but because of the lousy service. Anyway, we still tried to understand the situation though we're pissed. The following day we're checking out (nov 8) i tried to use my Visa debit card to pay but the front desk said in a loud voice "cannot mam it is declined!" i was shocked because i know i have money in that account so it couldn't be possible. I asked her again to try it, and she replied same thing in an annoying tone. We immediately checked my account online to confirm how much is my available balance and as we checked it is more than enough for what we have to pay. So i went back to the front desk and told her to try again because i already checked and confirm that there is money inside. Then she said "still cannot mam declined!" since its getting too much attention from other guest i felt embarrassed and started to get really annoyed so i decided to trouble my hubby to go to the ferry terminal (since there is no atm in the resort) to draw money so we can pay in cash instead. In short we settled tru cash. When we reached Singapore we received a text from hsbc that there was a transaction made on our visa card, confused, we immediately confirmed with the bank and alas the harris deduction did go tru, holding back our money from the debit card! Meaning we paid same amount in debit card and another in cash! They double charged us and until now we havent get back the money!!! We tried to email several times but haven't get any feedback from them! The spa also is very bad as the attendant were not properly trained. Most staff have difficulty in speaking english, so communication is a big problem. This is too much trouble brought to us by what i thought was a multi awarded resort in customer service and now im wondering are the reviews online for real?! The only thing that makes them different is that they have lots of activities instore for the whole family and that's it!

• Stayed November 2012
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Harris Fan Georgeouace,

Sunny Greetings from the Resort of Smiles where all Pleasure is Fun,

Thank you very much for your comments and constructive feedback during your stay with us at Harris Resort Waterfront Batam.

We are sorry to see that your holidays did not meet your expectations and please allow me to comment towards the events that took place during your stay and apologize for the whole inconvenience based also on the email we have received from you.
We are somehow surprised as we do not receive this kind of feedback from our guests and have investigated thoroughly on your comments to try and improve the services offered.
We have noted the comments about the condition of the room and your mentioning that the room is below standard please allow me to say that this is the simple unique and friendly room we offer as standard Harris Room.
The incident at the restaurant I have to say after investigation that the waiter in question reported back to you that the order was in process in less than 15 minutes and you could not have the buffet since the items started getting prepared.
Once addressed the same question to another waiter that was not aware of the situation of course he answered to you that the buffet is available and you can have it. I believe this is purely miscommunication but I am aware that at the end all enjoyed the food and you
were offered the desserts from our buffet.
Further to your second part of email concerning the payment by Debit Card please allow me to tell you that after investigation we also did not receive any amount from the Debit Card only the payment you have made cash at our Front Office.
As I am aware our Front office manager has replied to your email and asked you to sent us a copy of the Debit Card details number etc.
So we can verify one more time about this transaction and so far have not received anything.
In order to be able to proceed please sent us your details as soon as possible and if a mistake on our behalf has occurred we will definitely refund your money to your debit card account.
We have also contacted our Bank and we do wait by Monday their answer if the amount has gone through, if this is the case we will refund as soon as possible, if this has happened this must be computer error as the Front Office Cashier mentioned that was declined.
As we have procedures and controls this cannot be passed unnoticed so we will verify again and get back to you.

We are sorry for all the inconvenience caused and rest assured that if this error is on our site will be rectified. We apologize once again for not reaching your expectations on what concerns the holidays and we will try to improve our services offered based on your feedback.
We do hope that you will continue to visit Harris Hotels and Resorts in Indonesia for your future stays.

Harris Resort Waterfront Batam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sekupang
HARRIS Hotel Batam Center
Harmoni Suites Hotel
Harmoni Suites Hotel
#3 of 21 in Nagoya
4.0 of 5 stars 105 reviews

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!