“My Favorite Holiday Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. KH. Ahmad Dahlan | Marina Waterfront City, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sekupang
Singapore, Singapore
“My Favorite Holiday Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

My family & I have been to Harris Resort Batam many times and we never felt bored. In fact this is our 6th time there. My boys love this resort because they enjoyed most of the activities that the resort has planned. The staffs of Harris Batam are friendly and helpful. They even played games with my boys like badmintons and ping pong and taught them how to make pizza, do batik painting and fishing. This is great coz my husband & I can have some rest and at the same time my boys get to learn something even when they are on holidays ....

On another occasion, my brother and his family held a birthday celebration at one of the restaurant in Harris and the staffs suddenly came in with a cake and some utensils to perform the birthday song for my niece. It was amazing... We had so much fun...

Overall the rooms are clean and comfortable, especially the Japanese room, it is fantastic. It has a big Jacuzzi in it and my husband & the boys had such a great time.

If you enjoy spa, please try the 3 hour Rejuvenating spa package. It include a full body scrub, 1 hour massage & milk or herb bath... You can even ask for a couple's room. The only setback is the bath tub is a bit too small for 2 persons to soak in the bath and sometimes the water can be cold especially at night.

This resort is really value for money and I always recommend my friends to go there. So far all the feedback from them were good.

Well done Harris!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Dear Mr Stylianos,

My heartfelt appreciation to you and your staff for making my stay at Harris an unforgettable one. My girlfriend and I stayed at Harris from 13 May - 15 May 2011 and it is once again proven that Harris Resort really care for their customer. You were able to accomodate to all my request and make our stay a pleasant one.

Once again, thank you to you and your staff.

P.S. I have succeeded in proposing to my girlfriend and she has agreed to my proposal. Thank you for decorating my room, thus contributing to my proposal success.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Haris Resort Batam Island is a very well run hotel with staff that any hotel anywhere in the world would happily employ. The Management at this hotel have customer service down to a T. It is exceptional, the staff members whenever they pass a guest anywhere on the resort always say hello and enquire that everything is OK.
The Hotel itself if well kept and a great place to go and spend a few days, either lazing by the pool or using some of the many facilities or the very nice spa or even try some of the variety of water sports on offer.
So it's all good then?
Well providing you don't go outside the resort or wish to sit on the beach then yes it's all good.
The fact is though Batam is a very unattractive island that really is lacking in much to do, the shopping experience is substandard regardless of the claims that it's the new Orchard Road (Singapores famous shopping street) it's not even close, far from it.
The other issue I have actually is with the Harris Resort itself, the cost of it's spa treatments is at the same level as those in Singapore, which is understandable as a massive percentage of visitors come from Singapore, but this is Indonesia and those prices are way to high for me to consider playing them, I know that Malaysia or Thailand can offer the same or more for much less.
The Harris Resort is an Island of pleasure surrounded by very little of interest.
All that being said, if all you want to do is take you and the kids to a very nice, well run hotel and play around a very nice, very clean swimming pool under a hot sunshine, eat at the good selection of food places in the resort and not go outside the resort. Then you will have a great time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest ,
Sunny Greetings from the Harris Resort Batam
Thank you so much for staying with us and we are so glad that you had enjoyed the Resort and the services rendered.
So sorry to hear that you had not enjoyed the island of Batam as a whole. Indeed Batam is not Bali, but just a very close getaway from Singapore.
Concerning the Spa pricing I will have a close look at it personally.
Once again , thank you so much for your very kind feedback.
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

It was my first time to Harris Resort Batam and i am extremely pleased with the service, facilities and activities provided by the resort. This is definitely the fruit of strong leadership qualities in the General Manager Mr Stylianos.

On a down side, I've to say that the Paintball price is way too expensive. Hopefully something can be down about it.

Other than that, everything is almost perfect, Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: everything is good!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Sunny Greetings from Harris Resort Batam
Thank you so much for the great review and we are so glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
We have well noted the pricing of the paintball and we are going to discuss with the operator to reduce the price immediately.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Good.
I enjoyed my stay over at Harris Batam Resort.
friendly staff over at arrival, clean rooms for resting, great pool for tanning and swim.

Not so Good.
Staff may over look my spa reservation when I send my resvation online for my stay.
Missed the spa treatment.

Sunny Greetings from the Harris Resort Batam
Thank you so much for staying with us and we are so glad that you had enjoyed your stay.
We have well noted the spa problem and we sincerely apologise about it.
Looking forward welcoming You back to the Harris Resort batam soon.
General manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Harris Resort Batam truly lives up to its motto of "Simple. Unique. Friendly." I am really impressed by the wonderful hospitality by all of the staffs, be it at the Front Desk or Harris Cafe. The facilities at Harris definitely exceeded my expectations and the swimming pool was one of the loveliest I have ever seen. It is not only big but it has those little cabanas for people to lie in and not to forget, the beach chairs. The floats were up for rent at SGD5 per hour which weren't too bad I guess.

Thank you for the upgrade to the suite, Mr. Koureas. The room was simply too beautiful. It was big and spacious. We even had stoves and a microwave which was awesome because we were able to heat our food up...

We did manicure and pedicure at the salon and the girls there were simply amazing! They paid attention to details and made sure we were satisfied and happy with our nails - not a service you can get at every nail shop. One of the best parts of the resort facilities was probably the spa. We had the 3 hour spa which includes the body scrub, Indonesian massage and milk bath. The skills of the masseuse was simply fabulous and I loved the setting of the spa at the outdoor pavilions.

I have to praise one of the Harris Cafe staff, Kristian. We met him on our first day and he left a deep impression on us. He was one of the friendliest, most approachable and helpful staff there. On our last day at the resort, we were not able to get a table for breakfast as it was so crowded. Kristian saw us and remembered us and carried a table specially in and made sure we were comfortable there. Thank you for going the extra mile Kristian. :)

One thing to take note of. You don't have to bring too much rupiahs because the resort accepts Singapore dollars. Unless you are taking the bus to the city for shopping, bring some rupiahs with you. Some of the shops in town accepts SGD too in fact.

Thank you Mr. Vincent and Mr. Koureas for the awesome hospitality here at Harris Batam! Hana, Emily and I definitely enjoyed our stay there and will definitely recommend our friends and family to stay with you at Batam! In fact, am already planning my next visit to the resort soon.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Sunny Greetings from the Harris Resort Batam
Thank you so much for your excellent comments during your recent stay.
We are so glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and hoping to have You back soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Planned to go batam for a short trip. Thus, after some research via trip advisor, I had chosen Harris Batam. Upon arrival at the resort was very welcome. The service crew serves us cold towel, cookies and drinks. However, due to the high occupancy, the check in was slow. However still bearable. I had booked the package via travel agent, thus I had made prior request for baby cot since I am travelling with an infant. Upon checked in, I had reminded the front office personnel and he informed me that the room is not ready, but the housekeeping will put it in my room.

So when the room finally ready, baby cot was not in, room no slippers and bathrobe (which the Internet says these are suppose to be in all rooms). Anyway, there was some housekeeping guys outside our room, I decided to request the baby cot & slippers thru one of them. The slippers came almost immediately, but not the baby cot. Eventually the baby cot didn't even arrive after 2 nights stay. The in room kettle is not working fine. It doesn't auto off after water boiled. Thus, my 1st attempt had evaporated the water from 800ml to 300ml. Not a big issue to me, so long it works! But it's quite dangerous if one not that to keep a look out. As the kettle gets very hot if boiled for too long. The room amenities is lesser than expected but they provided the basic needs. Perhaps we booked thru Travel agent, with cheap rates. The room that we were allocated is rather old and ran down too. Another -ve point is the air con motor is inside the balcony. Thus, whenever we goes to the balcony when the motor rans, there is hot air which made it rather warm & stuffy. But the + point is the bed and room is big. The even without the baby cot, my child could sleep with us on bed. And she have ample space to run about.

Food at the cafe was so-so for me. However with S$15/pax for buffet dinner what can you ask for? But service level was also average. Out of my 2 night stay, I had dined at the cafe 5 times. But only 2 times did the crew offered us baby chair. We had to help ourselves most of the time, which I do not expect that from a hotel. But I need to compliment one of the service crew, Werdan (not sure if I got it right) as well as the band who sang at the cafe. We can sense their sincerity in servicing the guests. I would just say some crews greet for the sake for greeting. On the other side, Werdan is very efficient at work. I observed him, and noticed he is very prompt in replenishing new plates and clearing the dirty plates.

Check out was easy. GM is around the resort most of the time. And he was even there during check in and bid the guests good-bye upon departure. These I had to give him 2thumbs up. He reminded me our clubmed experience, whereby the GM is always around to interact with his guests. Unlike some luxury hotel, which you hardly get to see their GM.

Overall, the hotel is a cheap, no frills getaway. But if you hoping for something higher end, then it is not Harris. As their tag line says simple and unique.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sunny Greetings from Batam
Thank you so much for your very valuable comments.
Allow me to deeply apologise concerning the Baby cot which has not been placed into your room. Thank you also for bringing up the matter concerning the kettle. At the moment all kettles at the Funky wing are being changed.
We have well noted the standards of service in the Restaurant which is a vital point for us to improve.
Once again thank you so much for your very constructive comments and indeed we are a simple, unique and friendly resort for a real value of money.
We will praise Wardan accordingly for the extra mile of service that he provided, indeed he is a valuable asset for Harris.
Thank you also for the thumbs up for Myself, we just try to give the best service to our Guests from our heart.
Looking forward to welcome You back to the Resort and once again we deeply apologise for the hiccups that you have encountered during your stay.
gm@harris-batam.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sekupang
HARRIS Hotel Batam Center
Harmoni Suites Hotel
Harmoni Suites Hotel
#3 of 21 in Nagoya
4.0 of 5 stars 105 reviews

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!