“Best Place to stay in Batam” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront

You added HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront to your Saves list
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. KH. Ahmad Dahlan | Marina Waterfront City, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sekupang
Singapore, Singapore
“Best Place to stay in Batam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

A very nice resort near the beach in Batam, although there is not much of a beach to speak of. However the resort is a great choice for a weekend getaway from Singapore, just a short ferry ride away. The staff were extremely nice and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.
The downside is that the resort is in a secluded part of the island and quite far from the main town area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

i needed a short getaway after a stressful week and thought of batam.....i suppose the orange and green corporate colour on your hotel logo appealed to me cos it looks cheery and i needed a pick-me-up environment. browsed your website, read reviews, checked out travellers pics and decision made.....im off to harris batam for 4D3N stay....

my ferry ride to batam was efficient and was greeted by your hotel representative at the waterfront terminal. it was a short shuttle ride to the hotel. i was greeted with a cold towel and drink....thank u...

check in was pretty fast as i had printouts from my online reservations. i was told i had to put a security deposit of S$50 which is refundable upon checkout. not a big deal but good to know for future guests...then i headed to concierge counter and the lady behind it helped me with my ferry booking back to singapore. bookings for city shuttle (nagoya hill shopping ctr) can also be done there or at the reception. its S$10 for a two-ways ride at stipulated pickup / dropoff time. 45 mins ride tho.

my room (#2325) is located in the new trendy wing; 3rd floor, facing the sea...well, not much of a view but its quiet and peaceful. room is spacious with simple furnishing and fairly clean. floor was abit dusty so i used the floor mat provided and wet wiped it myself. bathroom was ok. i like the rain shower but it did not work as well as i wanted it to. the showerhead was not fixed properly so i got part tap flow, part rain shower. one of the downlight was hanging off the ceiling. other than that everything else was in order.

walking around the hotel vicinity was nice. i found out the single storey building in front of my balcony is actually the harris cabanas. the beach is a non-swimming beach but nice spot to watch sunset from.

the poolside was where i spent most of my afternoons sleeping. my favourite spot is the sheltered cabana on the wooden islet at the end of the bridge cos there's less disturbance. now the pool....once in the water i dived deep and touched the pool floor and was a bit shocked to see a whirl of sand rising from the bottom. i did ponder when was the last pool cleaning.

i opted for the room only package so i had to pay extra for breakfast (S$10) which i did the next day. pretty good spread. the hotel is far from city so my other and cheaper food option apart from hotel room service (quite pricey at average of $15 a dish but portion is justified) is the monkey beach hut located near the Hgrill as well as the local food outlet across the road from the hotel guardhouse.

all in all, i enjoyed my stay there and got what i needed; a good rest......looking forward to going back to harris next visit.......oh, did i mention my favourite part of the trip was the bed? i slept like a log!! :-)

check out my pics....says it all....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Sunny Greetings from the Harris Resort Batam
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and are thankful to you for spreading the word on this channel.
We have well noted that the cleanliness of the floor was not adequate and also the cleannliness of the swimming Pool.
We will immedaitely take care of both matters.
Indeeed the bed is the most Clients favorite......
We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the resort again very soon.
Stylianos Koureas
General Manager-Harris Resort Batam

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Firstly,my apologies for this overdue review.

My husband and I have stayed at Harris for many times and we decided to make it a family trip during the CNY weekend.

The resort was full but the service given to all the guests are still impeccable.

Upon arrival,our family was greeted with drinks & cold towels and we saw the GM was walking around the lobby greeting the guests.

Our 3D 2N stays was indeed memorable and the staff are all friendly & helpful. Special mention to Pak Ahmad for all his help. He always go the extra mile to assist us.

I think one of the main factor as to why Harris Resort is so popular (beside it's huge pool), is because of it's staff who takes pride in making the guests feel comfortable and offer a helping hand whenever needed.

We will definitely be coming back to Harris Resort. :)

• Stayed February 2011
Sunny Greetings from the Harris Resort Batam...
We are delighted to have you back for so many times and that you have enjoyed your stay.
We are thankful to you for spreading the word on this channel. We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the resort again very soon.

Harrisly Yours,
Stylianos Koureas- General Manager
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

I have been to Harris Batam 6 times in 2 years, 4 times with my friends and twice with my spouse. What is wonderful is the excellent, impeccable service I have received not only once but in all 6 visits. It is the perfect getaway, value for money, family-oriented resort out of Singapore. Mr. Stylianos. the GM of Harris is extremely warm & friendly, his staff in fact all that i have come into contact were polite & enthusiastic. And not to forget, the pizzas, beef steak and ravioli @ the cafe were absolutely delicious. We have marked our calendar, Me & my spouse will definitely be back again, this time to the new Harris Batam Center!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Sunny Greetings from Harris Resort Batam...
Thank you so much for your loyalty to Harris Resort Batam.
Your good words about Harris, the food and the crew are really touching.
Thank you so much for being a very loyal Harris Fan.
See you back soon.
Stylianos
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

The resort holds alot of fond memories for me and my husband as he proposed to me in the H grill restaurant on our first trip there. It was a very pleasant memory as the place then, only us in the restaurant as its during the off peak season. So, i decided to celebrate my hubby's first birthday after our marriage and decided to go back to Harris. After seeing what others had posted on their request to the GM, Mr Stylianos, i decided to try and do the same. I emailed Mr Stylianos, and he replied within a day and besides what i requested for his help which is to help me to add some romantic flowers decorations in the room. He initiated to upgrade our room, and top it up with a complimentary birthday cake with the Harris crew celebration. We then proceed with our trip, and to my hubby's surprise, we were upgraded to the new suite, with the room nicely decorated with flower petals. Then, i arranged with the crew on the surprise cake celebration, felt so bad that i have to trouble them, in the middle of the night. They were very cooperative and friendly throughout the entire process. Like their hospitality and friendliness!

The entire resort was super pack as it was during a weekend, despite that, the harris crew did not compromise their service quality in view of such crowd. Simply love harris and the crew, a fun place to take a short getaway from Singapore.

Also, it was our first attempt to try spa in the nagoya town, isabella, would say that i still prefer the spa and massage offered by Harris. The atmosphere and skills of the massuers in Harris far suppress the one in isabella where the only good thing is that they offer free transportation. So, decided that i would continue with my spa treatment in Harris, really thought i was in the rainforest when i was having my treatment there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
executive5, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront, responded to this review, March 12, 2011
Sunny Greetings from the Harris Resort Batam...
We are really honored having You back at the Resort , especially for a so special event.
Thank you so much for your very postive comments and we are so glad that you had enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward having You back soon.
Stylianos Koureas
General Manager-gm@harris-batam.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I took up their 2d1n honeymoon package and it's my first time to batam.

Upon reaching Waterfront ferry terminal you will see Harris staff waiting for you with the orange Harris bus. It's just a 3 mins ride to the hotel but the bus is very hot and stuffy.

They upgrade my room to cabana room with an open concept toilet
which is more suitable for couple. It's happen to rain in the middle of
the night and it's very noisy because of the rain hitting the roof of the toilet.

I like the massage in their H spa and they provide excellent service.

I have their candle lit dinner at the
Harris cafe at the pool side but I wanted to try their H grill but it's close that day. The staff are very attentive even though the cafe is quite a distance away from the pool side. They even gave us their special Harris bandana during our dinner and my boyfriend love it. I enjoy the quartet sing and I'm very impress that they can sing Chinese song.

Overall I enjoy my stay at Harris resort. I'm already planning for my next trip there.

• Stayed March 2011
Sunny Greetings from the Harris Resort Batam
Thank you so much for your constructive comments and we are really glad that you have enjoyed your stay.
We have well noted your comments, especially the transfers from the Ferry terminal and the roof of the cabana. An immediate corrective action will be taken.
Looking forward welcoming You back at the Resort soon.
Stylianos Koureas-General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Hi all.

My 2D1N stay in Harris is one that I will never forget for my life, because.. I proposed to my gf successfully during our stay there!

The staff at Harris really helped alot in my proposal, including all the planning over email, decorations, roses and fireworks. Yes fireworks! I was wowed when they offered fireworks as part of my post proposal celebration for us!

Really great service by the staff there especially Linda from reservation, Ahmad from the counter, Ramli the Room Division Manager.

I would like to thank the staff of Harris Batam for the wonderful time my gf and I had during our 2D1N Harris Rejuvenate stay.

Thank you Harris for the free upgarde to the Cabana room, we loved it.
We totally enjoyed the 3hours spa inclusive of body scrub, massage and milk bath!
My gf now wants to go back at least once every year :)

Regards,
James Wong

Sunny Greetings from the Harris Resort Batam...
We were so delighted but also so anxious for your event as we wanted it to be so special, that everyone of My Managers and staff has contributed to the suceess of it. And finally your beloved lady say YES. At that moment my staff got tears at their eyes.
Indeed was a very unique event and we are so proud and honored that you have selected Harris Resort Batam for it.
We are wishing both of You all the best and see you soon.
Stylianos Koureas-General Manager
gm@harris-batam.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sekupang
HARRIS Hotel Batam Center
Harmoni Suites Hotel
Harmoni Suites Hotel
#2 of 19 in Nagoya
4.0 of 5 stars 102 reviews

Been to HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront? Share your experiences!