“Good Stay for a resort look hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Batam

You added Holiday Inn Resort Batam to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Batam
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterfront City, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sekupang
“Good Stay for a resort look hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Good stay for the price, breakfast and amenities! Excellent especially with the whole family getaway. Nice to have free ride to/from Nagoya and City Centre. However, since it is just limited time, strict planning and with infant and a kid, we're disappointed of not getting to City Centre on our last day. We've scheduled a bus at 10am by the receptionist, checked out early, but at the time of departure bus isn't available coz' the number of guest never met the quota. I know it is cheap by taxi but at least must've informed us before hand. We ended up the last day resting on the lobby sofas. Also on the lavatory and tub, cold water is clear but gets yellow-orange with the hot water. I had to boil water manually coz i need to bath my infant. I informed receptionist twice since day 1 but no action taken.

Room Tip: Lower room facing the pool is better.. i think!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time and writing your comprehensive feedback. Please be assured that this has been discussed with the team to avoid re-occurrences in the future. I feel very sorry that in some areas we could not meet your expectations but was pleased to read your commendations too. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Frank Schoenherr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I'm checking out tomorrow and i guess it was quite a delightful stay here.

Tea Tree Spa - Jessica is a great therapist to meet. I tried the Hot Stones Massage and I think it was very comfortable but 1 hour is way to short.

Room 4107 - It's just right next to the pool at Level 1! A fantastic location for me as i can just walk with the kids directly to the pool through the balcony!!!! But the water is not absolutely clean as there are little floating stuff like algnae when i took my dip in the morning. The master bedroom's wardrobe lights are not working, i need to use my mobile's torch to look for stuff. There is an iron with ironing board within. Bedroom slippers needs to be requested. The pots are really dirty and it doesnt looked like it's been washed before, plenty of stains. No plates provided. Hairdryers are provided, thank god! The aircon must be switched to 18 or 19 degrees before they would cool the room, it's weird. Maybe badly need servicing.

The breakfast is great, nice spread! Juices to choose from, porridge for babies are served (today's breakfast), cereal, eggs, fruits, etc. good choice.

Wifi is widely available - AND THUS I AM ABLE TO WRITE THIS REVIEW IN MY ROOM!!! YAYY!!!! While getting work done too.. *sobs*

Kids club room - it's a nice place with lots of activities for kids and i think they are formally activity driven over weekends only. I didnt see anyone manning the room today at all, i need to switch on the aircon myself, no idea where the lights were. Great place to drop off kids if there were staff to man the place.

Games room - it's a simple nice place. Place for pool, table soccer and what's that machine that you are on both ends with the pug and the table has air coming through?? Anyway, that machine is not working too properly. 2 computers within but without speakers, there's a dart board with 1 dart. didnt see the Wii game console as mentioned or a TV that we would be able to play it at inside as claimed.

Bad experience. My boy cut his finger while turning the tap and i think kids needed to be really watched over.

Balcony door - Please be careful when you latch it up! The lock doesnt work too well, do try to open it again to ensure that it's locked before you leave, otherwise just latch up the door! Prevents in-coming unwated guests and outgoing naughty little kids!

Honestly, if you ask me, i would definitely come back and i hope that i would be able to see some improvements over the room facilities.

Room Tip: Families who love to have a quick access to the pool should stay on Level 1 in family rooms! Open up...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time and writing your comprehensive feedback. Unfortunately the posting on the website took longer as I always love to meet our guests who are providing such a detailed review. As this is assisting us in our continuous service improvements, please be assured that it has been discussed with the team to avoid re-occurrences in the future. I feel very sorry that in some areas we could not meet your expectations but was pleased to read your commendations too. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The location is in the middle of nowhere, but calling the hotel to get picked up from the Sekupang Terminal was pretty efficient. The Sekupang Terminal didn't have any payphones so the girl at the help desk was kind enough to use her personal phone to call the hotel. The driver arrived about 20 minutes after the call was made.
The hotel has a great pool, sports lounge and the staff are very friendly. They were helpful and checking in was a breeze.
We booked a 2 bedroom deluxe suite and it is of a good size. We sat on the balcony a few times. Upon entering, our first impression was that the rooms weren't up to Holiday Inn standards. The ACs are very old and loud. This kept me up most of the night. The living room AC was also leaking. The safe in the room had a low battery so we couldn't utilize it. I was also surprised that there wasn't an alarm clock available. A number of the outlets were faulty and pushed our chargers back out when we stuck them in. The master bedroom closet light was constantly on because the switch was faulty. So we had to go to sleep staring at a closet that looked like it would take us to Narnia. The bathrooms were not maintained well and there were red rust stains in the bath tub that were obviously not cleaned in a long time. There was also a crack in one of the sinks! Other than that, there were bugs on the wall, and ants on the kitchen counter. The curtains also had stains on them.
Leaving the hotel wasn't very easy. The night before I talked to someone from the front desk and asked him if we needed to book a shuttle to Sekupang in advance and he told us to come down to the front desk an hour and a half before to get everything settled. The following day my husband went to the front desk a well 2 hours before our desired time to leave and they informed him that everything is good and we can just check out before the shuttle is due to leave at 7:40am. We came down at 7:30am and checked out. However, the shuttle WAS NOT arranged. We had to wait until 8am for one to be available. Good thing Sekupang wasn't very far and we still made it to our 8:40 ferry trip.
I would stay here again because the resort has a lot to offer, and it's a good place to come and relax and get away from the city. The tea tree spa was also a nice gem. A little pricey but a great experience!
The hotel is overall pretty good, but the rooms need to be better maintained.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time and writing your comprehensive feedback. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the entire team and in particular with the Tea Tree Spa. I am very happy to read that we were able to provide you with a relaxed stay. Although we can not change the location of the hotel, a lot of guests are commending the oasis feeling staying with us due to the comprehensive facilities the resort is offering. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I have not been to this resort for quite a few years now. Was very pleasantly surprised that this hotel was very well maintained and upgraded even. The kids club was basic few years back but is now nicely refurbished and the staff there was wonderful!
We had a family suite and it was great that the hotel catered to the needs of our little 3 year old grand daughter. There is a bean bag, children's DVDs, a drawing board and a Hello Kitty themed room!

The staff have been extremely attentive and helpful! I will be back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I am happy to read that you have had "A Great Weekend Stay". Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the entire team and in particular with Juni in the Kids club. Very nice of you that the recent investments in the resort have been noted and we will continue to keep the hotel very well maintained. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Just came back from batam trip. Stayed at holiday inn resort batam, had an unhappy incident over usage of wifi at hotel. When we asked about wifi at hotel the staff told us that we have to register as a member if we want to use the wifi. We joined as the membership is free when we asked is the membership is free. It seems that the membership is free and using the wifi at the lobby is free not knowing that wifi does not come free if you use inside the hotel room. Who would know as the information that using wifi is not free when used inside the room? It was only on the last day that we were informed that the bill chargeable is 400,000 rupiah for using wifi in the room. Guess we should have asked clearly is wifi is free if we use inside the room. Luckily we stayed there for 3 days if not the bill would have been much more than 400,000 rupiah. Nonetheless,the hotel stay was quite enjoyable with its big pool for both kid and adult and free shuttle bus to nagoya hill shopping mall (it is really free). The drop off and pick up time was really on the dot with no delay which was really good. This batam trip is recommended for those with limited leave and people who wants to rest and relax.

Room Tip: Would think pool view is the best and ask for higher floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. Please send me to my email address: frank.schoenherr@ihg.com a copy of the WIFI invoice as also the internet in the guest rooms is for free for all members. Please accept my sincere apology for the wrong information you have received and I will make sure that the money is returned to you as soon as possible.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I visited the 'resort' for a weekend escape from Singapore and was thrilled with my experience. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The food was amazing and a wide selection was offered at all meal-times. Hotel decor and facilities were great. Staff were very helpful, proactive and polite. The signature Tea Tree Spa made me feel more relaxed than ever.

Outside of the resort I found 'Waterfront City' to be 'quite'... 'rundown' (Read as: a ghost town of unfulfilled development plans). However, I had little desire to explore, content in my HIRBatam bubble of relaxation and big-city escape - so this didn't affect my trip whatsoever.

I'd recommend this resort to families and those who wish to visit Batam at a distance from the tack and sleeze of Nagoya, enjoying peace and value-for-money-luxury.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear guest, thank you so much for that fantastic review. Please be assured that your comments and commendations have been shared with the team. Although we have limited impact on the condition of the surrounding area I am very happy that our resort has provided you with a relaxing environment and thus a "faultless stay". We are looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was staying at Holiday Inn on July 6th.When I tried to call Holiday Inn I got unpleasant response.One of your male staff keep hung up my phone for 4 times and said He cant hear my voice.Why? Is there something wrong with you staff?

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest, thank you for your review. I feel very sorry for the inconveniences you have experienced when trying to call us. That is why I would appreciate if you can send me via email to frank.schoenherr@ihg.com your phone number so that I can give you a call to answer personally your questions. Looking forward talking to you soon.

Frank Schoenherr

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Batam? Share your experiences!