“Away from all the hustle and bustle” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Batam

You added Holiday Inn Resort Batam to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Batam
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterfront City, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sekupang
Melbourne, Australia
“Away from all the hustle and bustle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was a weekend getaway for both myself and my husband, joined later by several other family members. Tea Tree Spa was the highlight of our stay. The Balinese setting was serene and the massage treatments were amazingly indulgent.
It must be the slow season as the hotel was extremely quiet but we were happy to have the pools all to ourselves. The breakfast spread was varied and delicious. Staff were attentive to our needs, with smiles throughout the stay. We had in-room dining (nasi bakar was a good local sampler) and dinner at the Thai restaurant and both were pleasing experiences.
There's practically nothing nearby in the way of shopping or sight-seeing but that's why we chose this hotel in the first place, to be away from it all. Exactly what we needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear guest, thank you so much for your nice comments. We are happy that our hotel could provide you with a relaxed place "away from all the hustle and bustle". Please be ensured that your review has been shared already with the team and in particular with our Tea Tree Spa and Terrace Cafe. The entire team is looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Frank Schoenherr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked late, arrived early & was picked up, 20 mins drive to hotel from Sekupang
Friendly driver, checked in was a bit slow but managed to get a room at 12
Booked the 2pm shuttle to Nagoya mall, had lunch at the hotel cafe & was good w/nasi Bakar, Ayam penyet
Room size was huge & clean, more like a condo style feeling
Tried the tea tree Spa & was great , dinner was at the teppanyaki rest
Had the set for 2 , Rp 880,000++ delicious meal include lobster, chewy scallops , tenderloin garlic fried rice was very tasty, highly recommended this place 1-2 nights just to get far away the usual sights in your home country

• Stayed September 2013
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for posting your review and the excellent comment, especially about our driver. A lot of guests are commending on the "oasis" feeling when staying with us, as it gives them a great place to relax. We are looking forward welcoming you back for your next "getting far away" in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

this is the first time i and my little daughter stay in this resort. and this is the first time we like and fall in love with hotel. because we never feel that we stay in the hotel,we feel like we stay in our own house. all the staff so friendly and holiday inn resort batam also give us free upgrade. I will say thank you so much. but one thing disturbing me is about cleanliness. we stay for 4 days and the room service never vacum and make clean the bathtub. as weather is raining season and the floor also bit dirty so i ask them to mop but they never do. this is the only problem here but other than that holiday inn resort batam is the best. we will come back for sure

Room Tip: we stay on building 1, so this perfect for me
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest, sunny greetings from your "loved" place. Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review which has been shared with the entire team. Especially we are delighted that our "Welcome Home" mission was accomplished for your stay. Our hotel is serving for many long staying guests where it is important to provide a "home feeling" as much as possible. So the entire team is looking forward welcoming you back in your second home very soon.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Since my previous review on 2010, I’ve revisited this property multiple times. I think It is time for an updated review for this property.

As recent as last week, I was there again… lured by their great massage offered by Tea Tree Spa. I am very pleased to report that they did not disappoint. The whole experience is smooth and very enjoyable.

The staff in general was efficient, even though they are facing increasing amount of visitors due to the school holidays in Singapore.

Rooms, pool, facilities are well maintained, I can see there are touch-ups being done between my visits. I see this as a good sign that the management are willing to improve and upgrade themselves.

Over the past few years I have seen changes made and briefly summarised to the following:

Improvements:
- Dining. Slow but definitely steady improvements on their quality of food. Although the quality of western cuisine is still a little off international standards, their local fare is very good.
- Spa: Can’t say any more than that. Their treatment offered is one of the best – some might find this pricey in Batam, but the quality definitely justifies the price-tag.
- Transport: The introduction of their own limousine is a great change, though more expensive, it makes the 30 minutes journey to the city centre more enjoyable (not fanciful luxury cars but much much better compare to the poorly maintained local taxis).
- Less Insects: A resort in this area is bound to have insects, but I'm happy to say that there are much less now - pretty sure a lot of mosquito coils are used!

Can be better:
- Lift carpets had this musky smell in it. I think this need to be cleaned/changed frequently.
- Dining: Although I did say the quality had improved, the western cuisine can still be improved. The quality of food served during weekend BBQ dinner for instance can definitely improve; quite frequently the food is very dry due to over-cooking - can overcome easily had the chef pay a little more attention.

Other Suggestions:
- For some odd reason, the poor chap at the concierge will have to always scramble for change on my limousine fare. We are not talking about big amounts… Recent trip saw the guy struggling to come up with 20,000 Rp. ($1.80) worth of change! Probably stock up a little loose note in their counter’s kitty might help?
- Although well maintained, some of hardware in the rooms needs to be replaced as it's starting to show its age.
- Due to the ferry schedules at waterfront terminal, customers do often reach the hotel before 2pm. I would advise the hotel (especially front desk/reservartion staff) to manage customer’s expectations (via booking/check-in, staff can explain clearly the situation and give a realistic time on when the room is available) A good first impression goes a long way!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for being a patron of our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read postings which are showing the improvements throughout the last years. Especially we are pleased with your comments about our award winning Tea Tree Spa. Also here we are working currently on some new promotions which are coming out very soon. Please be also assured that your improvement ideas have been already discussed with the team so that the next time you come you can see the changes. The entire team is looking forward welcoming you back in our resort very soon.

K L
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We took the MRT to Harbourfront, Singapore. It was about 45 mins ferry ride to Batam ferry Terminal. On arrival, the Hotel Shuttle bus was there to pick us to the Hotel. The Holiday Inn is just a short distance from the ferry terminal.

We were greeted by a team of friendly staff who made us very welcome. We went as a group of 4 families. I checked into a 2 bedroom suite. The room is spacious, clean and comfortable.However the balcony needs quite a bit of cleaning ! The toilets are clean though, but I was a bit appalled when yellowish water flowed from the faucets. Wonder whether the whole of Batam gets this type of water !?

This Hotel is very big with lots of facilities. There are a few restaurants too. We had lunch in a Chinese Restaurant. Overall the food is good. Prices reasonable too. The Hotel itself serves Lunch at Rp 98 000++ /pax and BBQ Buffet Dinner at Rp 288 000 ++ /pax . The stay is inclusive of breakfast. We enjoyed the breakfast. There is a wide spread of eastern and western delights. The waiters an waitresses are very pleasant, ever ready to serve you. They did their job well.

The Hotel also provides shuttle service to Nagoya Shopping Mall, the biggest mall in Batam. It's about half an hours ride to the mall. You need to register or inform the front desk that you need the shuttle to the mall and that will be arrranged. Ask for the schedule and you can even be shuttled back to the Hotel from the mall.

On the whole, I enjoyed my stay in this Hotel. It's a place to destress from work and the hussle and bustle of the city.The kids too had much fun in the pool and playground not forgetting the Playroom too where they can draw and colour and make some simple handicraft.

This hotel with it's lovely environment and beautiful ambience will be a hit among tourists if it is well maintained. I will definitely recommend this Hotel to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest, thank you so much for your review and we are pleased that you found your place to relax. Especially thanks for the F&B as well as Children facility comments as we are working here on further enhancements for the future. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the entire team and we are looking forward welcoming you and your friends back in our resort.

Sunny Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I cannot stop sharing about the goodness of Holiday Inn Batam, whether with friends or here at Tripadvisor. I have been back to the hotel for my spa treatments and once again, I chose to stay during an off-peak period. Right decision!

Husband and I were treated so well yet again, and we had the pool and gym and the spa mostly to ourselves. The pace was just so slow and relaxed...I can't wait to do it again.

This time, I must write about the teppanyaki restaurant, Akatonbo. I drool just writing and thinking about what I've eaten there. It's the best ever teppanyaki food that I've tried. Not even in Singapore can I find a teppan place that serves such good quality food. Ample portions too. The salmon is especially thick and succulent, the prawns sweet and plum, the scallops juicy and big, the beef simply melts in the mouth! And being there during the off-peak days, we were served with smiling and attentive staff, catering to our every needs, way past their closing time too! When I return to Holiday Inn Batam, eating at Akatonbo will be compulsory! haha..

Of course, the spa treatment was very good, as usual. I simply love the natural settings (no air-con, but a high ceiling with fans in a rustic Indonesian style hut) and the treatments were done very leisurely. Even my husband, who is not a spa freak like me, enjoyed the entire experience.

We will return again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for being such a great patron of our resort. Your comments and feedback have been shared with the entire team and in particular with the Spa and Akatonbo colleagues. We will make sure that for your next visit we introduce you even more interesting relaxing services of our hotel to make it once again "Another great getaway"! See you soon again in Batam .

Stay relaxed!

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is showing its age the moment I walked into the lobby. Overall the hotel room and facilities are clean and tidy. Rooms are big and spacious for the price I paid.
Shuttle buses to the nearby shopping mall are provided by the hotel on certain times of the day. Be sure to check with the reception as there is no signboard anywhere on display in the lobby.
Hotel breakfast has a good spread and is good enough for adults and kids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments. The hotel is currently investing a lot of money into the upgrade of all facilities so that you can enjoy a more fresh product very soon. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future to experience the new look.

Stay relaxed!

Frank Schoenherr

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Batam? Share your experiences!