Since my previous review on 2010, I’ve revisited this property multiple times. I think It is time for an updated review for this property.
As recent as last week, I was there again… lured by their great massage offered by Tea Tree Spa. I am very pleased to report that they did not disappoint. The whole experience is smooth and very enjoyable.
The staff in general was efficient, even though they are facing increasing amount of visitors due to the school holidays in Singapore.
Rooms, pool, facilities are well maintained, I can see there are touch-ups being done between my visits. I see this as a good sign that the management are willing to improve and upgrade themselves.
Over the past few years I have seen changes made and briefly summarised to the following:
- Dining. Slow but definitely steady improvements on their quality of food. Although the quality of western cuisine is still a little off international standards, their local fare is very good.
- Spa: Can’t say any more than that. Their treatment offered is one of the best – some might find this pricey in Batam, but the quality definitely justifies the price-tag.
- Transport: The introduction of their own limousine is a great change, though more expensive, it makes the 30 minutes journey to the city centre more enjoyable (not fanciful luxury cars but much much better compare to the poorly maintained local taxis).
- Less Insects: A resort in this area is bound to have insects, but I'm happy to say that there are much less now - pretty sure a lot of mosquito coils are used!
Can be better:
- Lift carpets had this musky smell in it. I think this need to be cleaned/changed frequently.
- Dining: Although I did say the quality had improved, the western cuisine can still be improved. The quality of food served during weekend BBQ dinner for instance can definitely improve; quite frequently the food is very dry due to over-cooking - can overcome easily had the chef pay a little more attention.
- For some odd reason, the poor chap at the concierge will have to always scramble for change on my limousine fare. We are not talking about big amounts… Recent trip saw the guy struggling to come up with 20,000 Rp. ($1.80) worth of change! Probably stock up a little loose note in their counter’s kitty might help?
- Although well maintained, some of hardware in the rooms needs to be replaced as it's starting to show its age.
- Due to the ferry schedules at waterfront terminal, customers do often reach the hotel before 2pm. I would advise the hotel (especially front desk/reservartion staff) to manage customer’s expectations (via booking/check-in, staff can explain clearly the situation and give a realistic time on when the room is available) A good first impression goes a long way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Batam is the only all suite luxury accommodation in Batam. Ideally situated just minutes away from the Waterfront City and Sekupang Ferry Terminals and a short ferry ride from Singapore. The ultimate height of pleasure comes in the form of our award-winning Tea Tree Spa. Sooth your mind and body with a selection of signature spa packages at one of 14 spacious Balinese-styled couple villas or individual treatment rooms. Spread across 3.4 hectares of open space and lush greenery, each of our 235 premium suites features a private balcony and guests can choose from spacious one or two bedroom suites, all elegantly furnished and equipped to provide unmatched comfort. When it comes to leisurely activities, guests of all walks of life are spoilt for choice at the Holiday Inn Resort Batam. The Panda Kids Club offers families a real treat. Our selection of six restaurants and bars, offers a variety of cuisines from around the world. For the business traveller, the Resort's multi-functional Meeting rooms complete with a variety of options for corporate meetings, functions, and events, supported by 24-hour business centre and a dedicated concierge. Whether you are a family with children or a corporation with a team of employees, the Holiday Inn Resort Batam has the facilities and activities to ensure that your trip is one you will never regret making. Come experience world-class hospitality infused with traditional Indonesian island charm! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Batam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Batam Hotel Batam
- Batam Holiday Inn