“A plae to destress” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Batam

You added Holiday Inn Resort Batam to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Batam
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterfront City, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sekupang
K L
“A plae to destress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We took the MRT to Harbourfront, Singapore. It was about 45 mins ferry ride to Batam ferry Terminal. On arrival, the Hotel Shuttle bus was there to pick us to the Hotel. The Holiday Inn is just a short distance from the ferry terminal.

We were greeted by a team of friendly staff who made us very welcome. We went as a group of 4 families. I checked into a 2 bedroom suite. The room is spacious, clean and comfortable.However the balcony needs quite a bit of cleaning ! The toilets are clean though, but I was a bit appalled when yellowish water flowed from the faucets. Wonder whether the whole of Batam gets this type of water !?

This Hotel is very big with lots of facilities. There are a few restaurants too. We had lunch in a Chinese Restaurant. Overall the food is good. Prices reasonable too. The Hotel itself serves Lunch at Rp 98 000++ /pax and BBQ Buffet Dinner at Rp 288 000 ++ /pax . The stay is inclusive of breakfast. We enjoyed the breakfast. There is a wide spread of eastern and western delights. The waiters an waitresses are very pleasant, ever ready to serve you. They did their job well.

The Hotel also provides shuttle service to Nagoya Shopping Mall, the biggest mall in Batam. It's about half an hours ride to the mall. You need to register or inform the front desk that you need the shuttle to the mall and that will be arrranged. Ask for the schedule and you can even be shuttled back to the Hotel from the mall.

On the whole, I enjoyed my stay in this Hotel. It's a place to destress from work and the hussle and bustle of the city.The kids too had much fun in the pool and playground not forgetting the Playroom too where they can draw and colour and make some simple handicraft.

This hotel with it's lovely environment and beautiful ambience will be a hit among tourists if it is well maintained. I will definitely recommend this Hotel to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear guest, thank you so much for your review and we are pleased that you found your place to relax. Especially thanks for the F&B as well as Children facility comments as we are working here on further enhancements for the future. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the entire team and we are looking forward welcoming you and your friends back in our resort.

Stay Relaxed!

Frank Schoenherr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sunny Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I cannot stop sharing about the goodness of Holiday Inn Batam, whether with friends or here at Tripadvisor. I have been back to the hotel for my spa treatments and once again, I chose to stay during an off-peak period. Right decision!

Husband and I were treated so well yet again, and we had the pool and gym and the spa mostly to ourselves. The pace was just so slow and relaxed...I can't wait to do it again.

This time, I must write about the teppanyaki restaurant, Akatonbo. I drool just writing and thinking about what I've eaten there. It's the best ever teppanyaki food that I've tried. Not even in Singapore can I find a teppan place that serves such good quality food. Ample portions too. The salmon is especially thick and succulent, the prawns sweet and plum, the scallops juicy and big, the beef simply melts in the mouth! And being there during the off-peak days, we were served with smiling and attentive staff, catering to our every needs, way past their closing time too! When I return to Holiday Inn Batam, eating at Akatonbo will be compulsory! haha..

Of course, the spa treatment was very good, as usual. I simply love the natural settings (no air-con, but a high ceiling with fans in a rustic Indonesian style hut) and the treatments were done very leisurely. Even my husband, who is not a spa freak like me, enjoyed the entire experience.

We will return again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for being such a great patron of our resort. Your comments and feedback have been shared with the entire team and in particular with the Spa and Akatonbo colleagues. We will make sure that for your next visit we introduce you even more interesting relaxing services of our hotel to make it once again "Another great getaway"! See you soon again in Batam .

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is showing its age the moment I walked into the lobby. Overall the hotel room and facilities are clean and tidy. Rooms are big and spacious for the price I paid.
Shuttle buses to the nearby shopping mall are provided by the hotel on certain times of the day. Be sure to check with the reception as there is no signboard anywhere on display in the lobby.
Hotel breakfast has a good spread and is good enough for adults and kids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments. The hotel is currently investing a lot of money into the upgrade of all facilities so that you can enjoy a more fresh product very soon. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future to experience the new look.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel needs refurbishment as I understand it has been around for quite a while. Interior of room is a abit old and curtains are dirty but overall, the 1-bedroom suite is comfortable for 2 people to stay. Just need to change the carpets, sofa, curtains & paint a little. The bedroom is comfortable to sleep in and it's clean. This resort is really for those who just want to relax and do nothing as there are no activities or pool bar. Their staffs are very friendly, helpful and accommodating which makes your stay pleasant. What is lacking is an outdoor bar. The 2 that they have: a restaurant and the other is a sports bar but indoor. Will be better to build an outdoor bar. The hotel is 30 mins to Sekupang Ferry Terminal and 30 mins to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall. I must say the breakfast is worth going as they have a mixture of Asia and Western food. Good variety

Room Tip: Choose rooms that are facing the pool otherwise you will be facing lands on construction
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments which are already shared with the entire team. As out hotel is not located in the city center a lot of guests are choosing the resort because of the oasis feeling. Currently we are investing a lot of money into the upgrade of all facilities so that you can enjoy a more fresh product very soon. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future to experience the new look.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

we enjoyed the great breakfast buffet at the pool. the kids loved the children pool with waterslide.
its not near any beach and pretty lonely located.
but good for a quiet weekend to relax.
drinks have been slighty overprized.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest, thank you very much for your review. A lot of guests are commending on the oasis feeling when staying with us as we are not located in the city centre. Glad to hear that you also could use the short time for a relaxed stay and your children have enjoyed all our facilities. We are looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Stay Relaxed!

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's very near from Waterfront Ferry Terminal, approx 10 mins walk.

The room is very spacious with a comfy king size bed. BBQ dinner by the pool side with live band playing enhances the ambience. A place away from the bustling city to relax!

And I really want to express my thanks to the Housekeeping Team, the GM - Frank, Duty Manager - Leslie & Chef Loh for helping to safekeep my necklace and pass it to me personally in SG!

I only realised when I came back to SG which was about 6 hours after checking out from the hotel, that I lost my necklace. I contacted the hotel which they very quickly confirmed they found it and will make arrangement to send back to me.

Thank you Frank & Leslie for responding to my emails/calls/SMS immediately and making arrangement to ensure I received my necklace in SG. Thank you Chef Loh for passing it to me.

I would definitely come back here again! Warm Hospitality!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you so much for your great review which has been shared with the entire team. To provide Warm Hospitality is one of our main objective. That is why I am happy that we receive this here on Tripadvisor as a comment. Once again thank you very much and the entire team is looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

If you just want to relax n go somewhere nearby to singapore than batam can be a place. though not much is there in batam as such. may be some shopping ..message in resort and total R n R. holiday inn offers a nice place to stay..though for vegetarians food could be issue. rooms have nice view. pool is beautiful. small leisure centre for kids.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for your time to post the review. You will be pleased to hear that we have a new vegetarian menu integrated into our main menu. So when it will time again to get out of the big city, please let us know. The resort is looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Frank Schoenherr

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Batam? Share your experiences!