“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Batam

You added Holiday Inn Resort Batam to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Batam
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Waterfront City, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sekupang
Singapore
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The first time I stayed here was in 2007 and since then I didn't even look at other hotels in Batam. I've been coming back to Holiday Inn Batam every year for a spa getaway and last year was the most frequent. 3 times!

I have tried other spa but nothing could beat Tea Tree Spa here. Engaging the same spa therapist a few times, made the getaway more comfortable and meaningful. Like coming back to meet a friend, as we share updates. Although I miss the refreshing towels upon arrival at the Balinese-inspired spa. It's just a little something for ua to freshen up.

Besides the spa, the rooms are spacious even the 1 bedroom suite. The bed and pillows are comfortable but I realise the pillow menu is missing. Something which I thought was unique during the first couple of years I was there.

Service staff are amazing....from frontdesk staff, spa therapists, concierge, restaurant staff. To be greeted Welcome Back and Welcome Home by a few staff, makes me feel really at home.

Breakfast spread - I recalled there was more variety in the past and there used to be a wide selection of tea. I am not a huge eater so this was not a major concern for me. It is getting crowded recently (good business for the hotel, but I miss the quiet breakfast I used to have) so do get up early to get a good seat!

Scheduled shuttle service is provided to Nagoya which is great as taking a taxi would cost about S$14 one way. If you are not a shopper and simply want a spa getaway like me, this would be an excellent choice. Otherwise, opt for hotels in Nagoya.

To be recognised as a Priority Club Member upon check-in (with some perks) in my last 2 visits was also something welcoming.

Room Tip: I prefer top floors. I don't really like the first floor facing the pool due to noise level of g...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear guest, thanks for choosing our resort during all your visits in Batam and the wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with our team. We hope the next time you come you will find time again to take advantage of all our services which our Tea Tree Spa is offering. Here we are working on several new promotions to come out soon. Thank you also for sharing your thoughts about the towels, the breakfast and the pillow menu. We hope to welcome you back as one of our regular Priority Club members very soon.

Frank Schoenherr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Semarang, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed at Holiday Inn Resort Batam for 2 nights in a 2-bedroom suite. Upon check-in to the rooms, I was pleasantly surprised that it is more like a mini apartment rather than a hotel room. The room consists of a living room with sofas, a dining area, a balcony and two bedrooms. It is really spacious for 3 adults occupancy. I like that the rooms are spacious and clean. However, the curtains can get a little dusty so I thought it will be good if they change or clean it regularly.

The hotel is located near Waterfront Ferry Terminal, which is approximately 10 minutes away by car. However, if your main purpose is to go to the city center for shopping or entertainments then it will be a little far and not convenient for you as city centre is approximately half an hour away.

Holiday Inn Batam has several inhouse restaurant. Tried the Terrace Cafe for buffet breakfast and Dragon Inn Chinese Restaurant for dinner. The buffet spread was good and the food there was really sumptuous as compared to some other hotels that I have stayed in the area. There is also a convenience store located at the resort lobby.

Plenty of facilities in the resort ranging from swimming pool, ktv lounge, bar with pool table, games room, gym and spa. Tried the swimming pool which was really huge and great for a weekend relaxation.

Staffs were also friendly, accommodating and attentive. They are efficient as well when I called up the Front Desk to ask for bedroom slippers which are not available in the room. Slippers are delivered promptly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear guest, thanks for this wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with the team. As you mentioned although we are not located in the city center a lot of guests are commending the resort feeling while staying with us. We are pleased that you also experienced our comprehensive Food & Beverage options. Thank you as well for sharing the comment regarding the curtains. Currently we are in the process to replace them. We are apologizing for the inconveniences this may have caused. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our Holiday Inn Resort Batam.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I spent a weekend after visiting friends in Singapore. The pool resort in the middle of the hotel is amazing. I am a priority club member and my room was upgraded to a suite. We attempted to travel around batam which was disappointing. I wish i stayed inside the hotel resort longer. Room rates are very affordable. Perfect for a weekend getaway! I would definitely come back!

Stayed March 2012
Dear guest, thanks for this wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with the team. As one of our valuable Priority Club members obviously it gives us a great honour to be compared with other IHG hotels. We are looking forward welcoming you again in our Holiday Inn Resort Batam and hope that the next time you can even more enjoy all the facilities.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had a 2D1N stay with my boyfriend and it was more than perfect!

The resort looks amazing and the staff there are very polite and friendly. They can speak simple english and that was good enough. We had a poolview bedroom suite and it was beautiful. I requested for a change of my spa time and it was done for me immediately. Only thing was that I was given a 2 single bed when I requested previously via my travel agent, JA Travel to make sure that I was given a king size bed room. Nevertheless, the room was still up to expectations. I love love love the sofa because it was so soft and comfy. We had our lunch at Dragon Inn Chinese Restaurant which was inside the resort. Their porridge and dimsum was nice and delicious.

Tea Tree Spa was really not a disappointment. You can enjoy the jacuzzi and sauna as well. The hotel is facilitated with gym, in house clinic and a nice swimming pool too. The alacarte food at Terrace Cafe was not very nice, just average. Buffet breakfast was awesome tho.

Hotel arrange cabs to bring you to your destination too. We went to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall and it was SGD$16/trip. The cab (not the normal cab you flag on the streets) was very comfortable and the driver was very friendly. We got him to pick us up at 7pm after our shopping.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a relax getaway.

However, upon our arrival to Singapore,we realised that the room charges was charged to my boyfriend's credit card when the front desk said the credit card was just for guarantee purposes. I had already made payment before going on the trip via JA Travel and they imposed a duplicate charge on the credit card. I hope the resort could be more careful in this matter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear guest, thanks for choosing our resort during your visit in Batam and the great feedback which we are glad to share with the entire team. We are also happy to hear that our Tea Tree Spa service met your expectations and and our restaurants have contributed to your relaxed stay. Please be assured that we are already taking a look into your additional comments to further enhance all our services. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here for only 1 night, wish it had been many more. The resort is stunning and the staff are very helpful and polite. We had the BBQ buffet on the night we arrived which was delicious. The buffet breakfast in the morning was also fabulous. Our room was much larger than we had expected and was very grand. Everything about this stay was fabulous. All the facilities are also very good. Oh and the mattress was one of the comfiest I've ever slept on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear guest, thanks for this wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with the team especially in the beginning of a new year. We are pleased that you experienced the BBQ dinner and also our new mattresses which you can find now across all refurbished Holiday Inns. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our Holiday Inn Resort Batam and hope the next time you can spend some more days for relaxing.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have tried several hotels/resorts in Batam and always end up returning to Holiday Inn. The resort is approximately 5 min drive from the waterfront ferry terminal.

Experiences at this hotel have always been consistently good. The staff are friendly and attentive. The bedroom suite is spacious and clean. They offer complimentary shuttle service (to and fro) the town, but you need to book fast due to limited seats available.

Spa treatments at the Tea Tree Spa are excellent and we make it a point to visit the spa every time we are there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest, thanks for this wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with the team. As you mentioned although we are not located in the city center a lot of guests are commending the resort feeling while staying with us. We are pleased that you experienced our famous Tea Tree Spa where we are currently working on several new promotions. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our Holiday Inn Resort Batam.

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

From being met at the Waterfront City by the hotel minibus, to being greeted with fruit juice at the check-in desk, to hitting my room took about 15mins. The staff were all extremely polite and attentive. From there it was a simple matter of booking my spa treatment and then stretching out by the pool until dinner time. It's a wonderfully relaxing place to be. I would recommend eating the local food that's available rather than the Western stuff - I had a burger which was OK but I don't go for the pork substitutes (turkey bacon, chicken sausage etc.) which makes up much of the menu. The nasi goreng and beef rending, on the other hand, were delicious. Paid a visit to the gym, which was functional but dated and could benefit from some new equipment. However, the highlight of the visit, as always, was the Tea Tree Spa, which is by the far the best spa I have visited, and is getting cheaper as the rupiah depreciates in value - I had a 'pool-side' 1h aromatherapy massage which cost 250k IDR (£16) on day 1 and a 2h treatment consisting of body scrub and 90-min massage in the spa on day 2 which cost 950k IDR (£60) (both prices exclusive of tax and service charge), and also got free use of the sauna and jacuzzi. The treatments themselves were fantastic and are the reason I keep coming back to this place. The bedroom was spotlessly clean and comfortable, Wi-fi reception was good (but not complementary) and there was a decent selection of TV channels to choose from. Business has evidently declined as it was not nearly as busy for a weekend as I remember it from 7-8 years ago, which I guess is partly because there are lots of new hotels on Batam and partly because of the closure of the adjacent casino a few years ago, but this remains a high-class hotel and the lack of crowds make it more enjoyable for those that still venture there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear guest, first of all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2013. Thank you as well for choosing our resort during your visit in Batam and the wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with our team. We hope the next time you come you will find time again to take advantage of all services our Tea Tree Spa is offering. Here we are working on several new promotions to come out soon. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Frank Schoenherr

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Batam? Share your experiences!