“Fantastic Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Batam

You added Holiday Inn Resort Batam to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Batam
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterfront City, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sekupang
“Fantastic Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have a very nice stay in Holiday Inn & I am strongly recommend this resort for those family with children. My girl have a very happy & memorable stay in this resort.
We have joined a day trip with tour agent & drop in the resort around 7pm after the whole tired trip. The receiptionist was very nice & they free upgrade 2 bedroom suite to us intead of 1 bedroom suit for 3 days 2 nite. The room is very clean & nice. Firstly I afraid there is a lot of mosquito & insect but there is not (only have a few ants in the kitchen)
My girl like the Panda Kid Club very well although there is no supervion on weekday (the supervion only available on weekend) & I cannot go to enjoy the spa with my husband :(.
There is a free shuttle van to town everyday & we can enjoyed the shopping too.
The breakfast is quite nice & the staff is very nice. My girl vomited in the Restaurant (may be I feed her too much :P) & they immediately came to clean the floor & asked us anything need to help.
My hubby always travel around & very fussy about the hotel service. This resort is the one he thumb up & recommend. We have decided to visit again near future with my whole big family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We had a weekend stay over at the Resort.Iam really impress of the service from the Resort.The room was clean even we do not have any great view from our room.All the staff was really friendly and helpful.We really had a great weekend.Keep it up Holiday Inn Batam!Cheers!!!

• Stayed November 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My friends and I decided to plan a short getaway to Batam last weekend. We booked Holiday Inn Resort thinking that there's activities available in the hotel or nearby which we can enjoy.
We reached Batam via Waterfront ferry terminal around 12.45pm and when through the immigration office. There was already some delay at this point. (We arrived at the country but my friends' passport chopped departure instead. Duh! The officer had to run out to collect the passport back to re-chopped, but when it was returned, the stamp is correct, but date is wrong. Can you imagine?!)
Anyway when we finally managed to roll to the hotel, we thgt we can finally enjoy ourselves. Good thing abt the hotel is tt they provide free airport transfer from terminal to hotel, even without having the need to make prior arrangements.
The queue at the recep wasnt long, juz two grps in frint if us, 5-6 staff behind, but we waited for nearly half hour! The hotel recep told us tt our room wasn't ready, and will only be ready in another hour. When we asked for the location of the cable ski, the staff gave us a brochure for other water sports except for cable ski. She took another 10mins trying to call the cable ski. End up, we decided to just take a look ourselves instead of waiting again.
We wanted to order some kueh lapis to bring back so we checked out with the hotel. The staff themselves don't even know what brand kueh lapis they are holding! And keep giving us the price list! And when we decided to go town, the cab was expensive. It was only a trip from our hotel to Nagoya! When we return, we took the cab from another hotel which is just in front of Nagoya and it was much cheaper. This cab from The Hills took us from Nagoya to Golden Prawn, waited for us to finish dinner then back to Holiday Inn for a lesser fee!
The next day after our spa treatment, we called for room service and also asked for two satchet of coffee powder. A guy from the recep called and say that we are supposed to check out already. I replied him politely that we have actually asked for late checkout @ 2pm and was granted that. This guy still had to cheek to ask me who allowed that!! I said ur recep and he just say,"ok, I check.", and hanged up. -.-'
Shortly after, my lapis delivery came (I called and ordered myself) and was at the recep. He asked for our room number to deliver upstairs but when he told the recep, they told him no such room number. I thgt it was a communicatiom problem. Even when the delivery uncle pass the phone to the recep, she gave me that innocent tone that there's no such room. Does tt mean that the room we stayed is a phantom room? Finally I managed to convince the recep tt the room is indeed in the hotel and that ends the whole conversation.

For an international brand, this hotel needs serious revamp of its staff. I will certainly not stay in any hotels under this brand worldwide again.

• Stayed November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear AnnieTan,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding the airport shuttle.

However, We’re sorry you received service and the miscommunication with our staff. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at this resort for two nights in October and had a lovely time. The staff cannot be faulted, they were all happy and friendly and went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. Particulary Maya at reception, when she found out that it was my birthday she arranged an upgrade on our room for the second night and had a cake delivered for me. The spa is well worth a visit with lovely surroundings, staff and treatments. The only negatives were that the basic one bedroom suite was a bit dated and there were not many beds around the pool. The childrens pool area was great and had a very fast slide. When you arrive in Batam all the signs say that a visa is $25 US for foreign nationals however my daughter just asked for a $10 dollar visas as we were only staying for 3 days (the visas we were issued were valid for 7 days) I would not have realised this andwould have pad the full price has she not been with me.

Room Tip: Upgraded rooms are more modern however all the rooms were a very good size.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest, thanks for choosing our resort during your visit in Batam and the wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with our team in particular with Maya. Thank you also for your valuable comments regarding the rooms and please be assured that the renovation of these rooms are already planned. We hope the next time you come you will find time again to take advantage of all services our Tea Tree Spa is offering. Here we are working on several new promotions to come out soon. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed in this property. The staff at the reception never fail to disappoint with their wonderful service. They are always smiling and apologizing for making us wait that extra time while they settled the guests before us. I was served by Maya and she has exemplary service, never stingy in her smiles. She even took the extra mile in recognising that I am a priority club member and gave me coupons to reflect the privileges of being a member. During my booking i have specified that I request for a corner room and high floor. Maya took note of this request and gave me an upgrade for free as they do not have high floor left (the hotel was full house at the time we were there). She even refuse to let me wait till 2pm for the other room to be ready and readily offered the upgrade to us.

As we entered the room, the living room was wonderful. The air conditioning in the room (both the living room and the bedroom) was powerful in cooling down the rooms despite the hot weather outside. The balcony was facing the pool and we were right smack centre of the hotel, thus allowing us to see most of the pool. The bedroom was wonderful, however would be perfect if the pillows were firmer. The smallish bathroom and bathtub was okay, though halfway through filling the tub, the water turned cold.

The staff at the spa never fail to ensure patrons are well taken care off with their warm and welcoming gestures, they also made the effort to constantly check with the customers if the force they used were just nice.

overall my stay at this hotel was wonderful. except for the pillow (which gave me very bad neckaches the next day) and the smallish bathroom, the hotel would be perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear guest, thanks for choosing our resort during your visit in Batam and the wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with our team - in particular with Maya and the Spa team. We hope the next time you come you will find time again to take advantage of all services our Tea Tree Spa is offering. Here we are working on several new promotions to come out soon. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My family (2 children - 6 and 8) and I were in need of a good weekend getaway. We weren't interested in a sightseeing type of holiday. We relaxed by the pool and were very impressed with the friendly service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest, thanks for this wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with the team. As you mentioned a lot of guests are commending the resort feeling while staying with us. We are pleased that you also experienced our Stay You services! It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our Holiday Inn Resort Batam.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed overnight for work. After a poor experience up the road at Harris Waterfront previously, I was impressed straight away. The hotel looks nice from the outside and this continues into the lobby which is very well presented.

The room was tidy and I had a bit of a view over the pool area which looks stunning (if only I had time for a swim!) The only negatives were that the bathroom was slightly run down (but was far from awful), and the air conditioner wasn't the best - which can be an issue in a place like Batam. After a fair while, it did make the room reasonably comfortable and I had no trouble sleeping, but could definitely have done with a larger A/C unit.

Also, internet was only cabled - not wireless (no good for iPads, etc.) - and cost a fair bit extra, which is a pain if you need to check emails, etc.

Plenty of nice places to eat within the complex, which is good as there isn't much nearby in terms of shopping/restaurants.

Overall a great experience staying at the Holiday Inn - would go back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ResortBatam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear guest, thanks for this wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with the team. As you mentioned although we are not located in the city center a lot of guests are commending the resort feeling while staying with us. We are pleased that you also experienced our restaurants. Lastly we also want to update you on our WIFI progress. Since couple of days now all guest rooms are also connected to the WIFI system which can be used in the public area free of charge. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our Holiday Inn Resort Batam.

Frank Schoenherr

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Batam? Share your experiences!