“A Fantastic IHG hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Batam

You added Holiday Inn Resort Batam to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Batam
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Waterfront City, Sekupang, Riau Islands Province 29422, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sekupang
Singapore
“A Fantastic IHG hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

As a Priority Club platinum member I have stayed in numerous IHG hotels and I have to say that
Holiday Inn Batam provided the best service I have received in any Holiday Inn hotels. Staff were extremely helpful, spoke very fluent english, friendly and happy. I got upgraded as usual to one bedroom suite where I stayed with my wife and baby. Room was really great with pool/sea view on 9th floor.Buffee breakfast was good and we had a dinner every night at Pool Terrace Cafe where the food was great. Ate mainly Ayam Bakar-:). This hotel has shuttle buss to Nagoay Hill that worked really smootly. Graet pool for both kids and adults. They also also had a really nice kids playing room with helpful staff looking after our baby and playing with him. They also have a free shuttle service to Skupand and Waterfront ferry terminals. Waterfront is just 2min from the hotel. That shuttle was basically private both ways we went and worked very well. We stayed 3 nights and will definately come back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Eka164, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear guest, thanks for this wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with the team. As one of our valuable Priority Club members obviously it gives us a great honor to be compared with other IHG hotels. With the start of September we will have a new variety of dishes on our menu so that besides your favorite “Ayam Bakar” the next time you might find a new preferred meal. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our Holiday Inn Resort Batam. Stay Relaxed!

Frank Schoenherr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Myself and my wife just came back from a 3D2N stay at the Holiday Inn and it is the perfect place for a long, relaxing weekend away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Incredibly friendly staff, a large, clean swimming pool, food that exceeded my expectations and plenty of entertainment. The spa is allegedly good, I didn't give it a try this time around but I will give that a go next time I stay there.

The room itself was large. We got an upgrade to a single bedroom suite which was great. The sofa was so comfortable it was hard to get up. The bed was amazing, I haven't had such a good sleep in a while.

The prices of food and drinks are pretty much the same as in Singapore, but the quality is great. I would recommend the buffet dinners at night. For roughly S$20 you can enjoy a pretty big range of dishes. On Friday there was a local cuisine buffet and on Saturday a barbecue buffet which we didn't go for.

Even for families there's a lot to do, with an indoor kid's play area, water play area with slide and a playground. Shuttle services allow you to visit the further away towns of Nagoya and Batam Centre, even though the malls there are basically just fake brand shops.

Long story short, I will definitely be back here in the future, with just my wife, friends or with my future kids.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thanks for choosing our resort during your visit in Batam and the wonderful feedback which we are glad to share with our team. We hope the next time you come you will find time again to take advantage of all services our Tea Tree Spa is offering. Here we are working on several new promotions to come out soon. We hope to welcome you back very soon. Stay Relaxed!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I think Holiday Inn Batam is a perfect hotel in Batam island. You don't want to go out to anywhere else. Hotel provide a big swimming pool with slider for both child and parrent. They have delicious BBQ dinner at the pool side with accoustic song just 234 S$ per person.
The hotel has a shuttle bus service for going to Batam city (shopping), Waterfront pier, Sekudan pier. Taxi is not too expensive (3 hours for 43S$) but driver always ticky as drive very slow (20 km/hours)
For me I think Batam is an island for relax with family at the resort only !!! Outside look dangerous at night!!! (my opinoin)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Whenever I visit Batam, I always preferred to stay in Harris, but since it was a last minute decision to spend the weekend there, we ended up with choosing Holiday Inn. And this was a decision that we didn't regret. The staff were all smiles and very friendly, and our check-in was very quick and easy.

Our room was a one-bedroom unit with a small dining table and couch. It was big for two people to stay in and we could even host a small party if we wanted to. The T&B was also big, but did not have a bath tub, although it could it easily fit one inside. I noticed the handrails, and then realized that it was wheelchair-accessible, which was the first time I've ever seen one.

Their response to guests were also very prompt, like when we noticed that our bedroom's fridge didn't seem to work, they sent a maintenance guy immediately; and since it was probably beyond immediate repair, he brought back a 2-door fridge which was surprise to me. But since we had so much space in the room, it just fitted nicely in our "pantry".

Anyway, compared to Harris, the Holiday Inn would be a better choice if you want a more quiet weekend with your significant other. Although, if you're a family, the kids would still have some activities to do in the kiddie pool or the kids' play room. There is also a game room for the older kids, but they would need to buy drinks in the sports lounge. Don't worry, soft-drinks and mineral water count. If you want to go to the busier part of Batam and do some shopping or have more choices to dine, you could also take the free shuttle going downtown.

The ferry terminal closest to the resort is the Waterfront City terminal. If you do end up booking a ferry that drops you off in Sekupang, you can easily take a 20-minute taxi ride from there to the resort.

If you just want a relaxing and quiet weekend, and you have only a weekend to spare, I do recommend trying out Holiday Inn Batam.

Room Tip: The non-smoking rooms are on the lower floors, so there is not much of a view. So unless you cannot...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ok, all was excellent until now. And i mean literally now, for i am stranded at the coffee terrace restaurant when i am supposed to be on the ferry back to singapore at 1.20pm.

I would have given the service of all the staff a big 5, until now.

Heres what happened, i checked in for a 2d1n stay at HI batam yesterday, and was delayed for 2 hours as the staff has not clean up my room yet, on the bright side they gave me a free upgrade to a suite. Wasnt disappointed and am impressed with the service. Room was beautiful and clean. I booked the return ferry trip at the counter ytd, specifying i needed to board the 1.20pm ferry back to singapore. All was fine until i went to collect my ferry tickets today, and i was told that the 1.20pm ferry are full! They automatically booked me on the next ferry at 2.50pm.

U guys mean that i booked the ferry ytd and even if its full and i have to wait for the next ferry, nobody would care to at least inform us? Seriously this is very disappointing. What if i have an emergency meeting to attend to, what if i need to get back to singapore asap? There is a reason i book the 1.20pm
Ferry! I understand that its the festive period and u guys are experiencing unusual crowd, but if u cannot handle more people than u are able to, then DONT.

Service of all the staff were great until NOW, right NOW! Seriously if its the practise of HI batam to NOT inform guests on impending changes to their RESERVATION, im not so sure if i am able to trust this resort again. U guys seriously, absolutely need to improve on ur tactfulness. Otherwise this would be such a great great trip, and this incident certainly blemished the quality of this resort.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Went to Holiday Inn Batam for a weekend getaway. Reached on Saturday morning and was only checked in at 2pm as the hotel was full, which I had expected. So went over to the Go-Kart area which was nice and fun but old and totally empty. (Its about 2 minutes drive and cost 20K Ruppiah for Taxi) Being empty was good as the whole track belonged to just the 2 of us.

Service in the hotel was good as Indonesian Hospitality never fails to impress me. All staff were excellent. With no one disturbing us to check out on time and also allowing me a late checkout till 2pm.

Cleanliness in the room was not too good and room smelt a little damp. The bathroom was also not up to Holiday Inn standard and therefor I am only giving a very good rating and not excellent.

We did try the Tea Tree Spa as well. Worth the money even though its more expensive then elsewhere the service was excellent once again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DendarBandung, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear guest

Thanks for choosing our resort during your visit in Batam and the valuable feedback which we are glad to share with our team. We are also happy to hear that our Tea Tree Spa service met your expectations and has contributed to your relaxed stay. For all in house guests we have launched a special promotion for our Tea Tree Spa of 30% discount during the month of August. Besides that we are also working on several new promotions to come out soon. We hope to welcome you back soon. Stay Relaxed!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3D2N from Singapore. We have to wait for half an hour for check in and I think this is way too long for such kind of standard hotel. The room was ok and most facilities we can used for free like the sauna, steam room, bicycle rental, table tennis, gym. But for the games room - wii games, pool table, you have to buy at least a drink before you can use them. Anyway, they got 2 swimming pool - 1 outdoor and 1 indoor. Outdoor one will be so crowded anytime of the day. We like the indoor one coz it is isolated and less ppl know abt it and we can swim until we tired without bumping to other ppl as in outdoor pool. We got a 1 bedroom suite with living and bedrooms. Room is spacious and pool facing. They don't provide slipper, shaver and comd though, where you have to ask for them. Room is clean and enjoy the room. Hot shower is quite difficult to control though. Breakfast is good with quite a lot of variety. One good thing is they do provide free shuttle bus service to Nagoya and Batam center where can shop for shirts, tidbits, lunch & dinner as well. Seriously, there is nothing to shop around the hotel. It is just a hotel very near to ferry terminal. We found out there is a sea sports area near to hotel while we cycle out. The price is cheaper than other places. Also there is a place for water ski in a pond. Not sure abt the price though. Overall, stay is good.

Room Tip: Should ask for corner room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DendarBandung, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear guest, thanks for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Please be assured that this has been discussed already with the team and toiletries can now be found in all room for the conveniences of our guests. Regarding the activities around the pool obviously we want to give space to everyone but are glad that you were satisfied with our indoor pool. As we are a Resort our location is not city centre and thus certain activities can not be found around our hotel. Once again thank you very much for being a patron of our Holiday Inn Resort Batam.

Stay Relaxed!

Frank Schoenherr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sekupang
HARRIS Hotel Batam Center
Harmoni Suites Hotel
Harmoni Suites Hotel
#2 of 19 in Nagoya
4.0 of 5 stars 101 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Batam? Share your experiences!