'Porto Kea Suites' sounds glamorous. It is not , but it is a decent , mid-range (if slightly overpriced) hotel that I would return to.
The staff were not particularly friendly or welcoming on arrival , but an efficient check-in ensued and bags were delivered speedily to our 'Sea View Suite'. Sadly it was not a suite - ie a separate living area - this was a room with a sea view. Clean , basic and decent are the words that come to mind. But for almost E250 per night frankly it should be , and the notible absence of a welcoming drink , water in the room , robes and slippers , turn-down service mark it clearly into the three star category.
The dated and small bathroom certainly fell into this category - shower curtains in 2011 in rooms over E150 is not acceptable. Needless to say every time you had a shower the bathroom floor was soaked - not pleasant. Also second rate shower/body gels etc.along with a nasty plastic hairdryer circa 1980 on the wall confirmed we were in more 'rooms to rent' territory than a premier resort.
Another pet hate I have are coat hangers that are attached to the wardrobe ...no,no,no...
Finally , a mini fridge in the kitchen area that makes a noise at night , again no,no,no.
However , the positives - Breakfast buffet was good (but please serve the guests coffee at their table - we are not at school....) The pool is great / nice poolside bar / very nice sunbeds by pool and nice artwork sculptures.
Needs a spruce-up, but liked it and will return. Lets hope the above issues are addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lying at the edge of the port of the Island, nearby the quaint church of St George, this luxury Hotel, proud Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, is a wonderful retreat overlooking the port and providing endless views to the Aegean Sea. Our hotel reflects a fusion of modern aesthetics with the traditional style of the island, ensuring delectable moments of unwinding and rejuvenation for our discerning guests, standing out among Island's Hotels in Greece. The narrow pebbled paths meandering from one building to the other, passing through an idyllic garden and an amazing pool setting delightfully guide guests through the unique experience of , an exquisite environment for a short escape or a longer holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Porto Kea Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Porto Kea Hotel Korissia
- The Porto Kea Suites Hotel Greece