“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   162/8 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Chaweng Beach
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed for 10 nights in November. It is simply a beautiful resort. We stayed in the Shino rooms. I'm so thrilled we booked these. Best room I have ever stayed in. They felt authentic, stylish and very spacious. The woman who looked after our room, Nok, was so friendly and lovely she really added to our stay. The other amenities were also lovely - reception and the reading room, breakfast buffet/Sue's restaurant, the pool and the beach.

The food was nice enough at breakfast and at Sue's. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel also has a bar and restaurant on the main road where we had one evening meal and it was delicious but slightly more expensive than other place we had eaten.

The women who offer massages on the beach are so friendly especially Pom. It's an hour long message for around £6 which is amazing value and makes up for the lack of privacy.

Unfortunately the wifi signal was poor and I could only use the internet sat in reception. There was a couple of days when an older man was around Sue's restaurant shouting orders at the staff, we presumed he was management. We were disappointed by this as we found the staff amazing but this gentleman's behaviour poor. Also the sand paths, which are pretty were annoying especially in the rain. We would be caked in sand on an evening out. In addition there's a biting bug that lives in sand in Thailand and I'm sure the sand paths increased the number of bites I got. I was disappointed the hotel didn't do a little extra for my friends 50th birthday despite an email exchange about this, I think it was a missed opportunity for them.

The hotel's location is amazing if you don't mind low over head planes. The staff, reception, bell hop and security made us feel safe and cared for. Lovely beach, great for shopping. Great choice of bars and restaurants. Walking distance to the lake. If there in November I'd definitely recommend the Festivals of lights - Loi Kathrong. And also pack a rain mac! When it rains it really rains! We lost the beach due to high see levels after several days of rain and two boat trips were cancelled. We made the most of it when it rained though, better than being at work in chilly Yorkshire!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Baku, Azerbaijan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The hotel is locating in a very clean and a pleasant beach side.. The room is very comfortable, clean and nicely decorated.. Service at the reception was very good , Housekeeping service was ideal.. Service at the restaurant was quite good and tasty... The reception can provide a very nice tours, like safari tours...I have stayed at the hotel for 5 days, and I enjoyed my stay very much.. I would recommend this hotel...

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The breakfast is good as is the location directly on the beach under the flight path. The beach appears only at low tide.The pool deck has rotted near the pool entrance and is unsafe. Be very careful! The rooms are quite spacious.
The air conditioning is built into the ceiling of both the Shino room and the Superior rooms in which we stayed. It smelt so badly of mould and mildew that it sickened me to be in the rooms. The smell had even permeated the bedding. The bathrooms were also mouldy, dirty and the rooms are dark because the windows need to be closed for privacy and to keep the mosquitoes out. Very depressing. We left after two nights - we paid upfront for five with no refund of course. A costly lesson learnt. We moved to a nearby hotel at half of the cost of Chaweng Garden which was spotless, light and extremely comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerusalem, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

If you are coming to Koh Samui just to party and you won't be spending much time at the resort or in the room, then this would cut it. It has the basics that you need-internet, a/c, a safe. In addition, it's right on the beach, which is nice.

However, it was missing many of the comforts that other places of the same price had. We stayed at 2 other hotels (one in Koh Samui & another at Koh Phangan) & this was the least favorite. We were traveling with a 13 month old & it was really not practical for that. They had us on the second floor & the balcony had an unstable & short rail that I didn't feel safe having our son out on. In addition, the safe was just on the floor where our son kept trying to punch in the code, locking us out constantly. The room also let in a lot of noise & the baby cot they provided was rusty & made for an infant but not good for a toddler. There were also no lamps for lower lighting, just bright overhead lights and there was mold in the bathroom.

So, overall I would not recommend unless you are looking to just party.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is not a fancy hotel but it is comfortable and well located in Chaweng Beach. The beach in front of the hotel is beautiful and clean. The swimming pool is nice but very small. We had a superior room. The buffet breakfast was included in the price and it was really good.
In the evenings, you can have fresh grilled lobster, fish and seafood in the restaurant at the beach. They have a nice bar too. But you can also go to the main road and find excellent restaurants and bars with life music just across the road.
The Reception staff, especially Mama, is very efficient. They organized transport to and from the airport at a reasonable price.
The only problem is that the planes pass right on top of the hotel, but you get used to it!

Room Tip: Choose a Deluxe room on the right-hand side of the Reception. They are bigger and quiet.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel is in the best location in Chaweng if you like to go out and party, hotel staff are friendly, rooms are a good size and modern. The rooms are a good price as well.
You will hear music from the near by beach or night clubs in your room, which goes on until 5am, the hotel is also right under the flight path so the plane noise is pretty loud, but if you are going to Chaweng and going to go out and enjoy yourself you will be out any way until 5am.
Chaweng in Koh Samui is the party district if you want a relaxing quiet holiday then stay at Bo Pot (Fishermans village) and give Chaweng a miss.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was undecided as to whether I should book a Garden Bungalow or a Shino room but because I wanted to splash out a little more, I decided to book the Garden Bungalow.

The Garden Bungalow is a stand alone wooden cabin nestled in a garden surround amongst other bungalows. Inside the room it is very intimate and has a cosy feel, However, even though these points were brilliant, I couldn't get passed that the room, even though decent in size, that there was inadequate space. Due to the layout of the room, I felt like I was always tripping over myself. Futhermore, there is barely any storage area. Not much room to store clothes or other items. I was told that the bungalows offer more a level of privacy, however, once the curtains are drawn, everybody can see into the room!

I spoke to reception about viewing the Shino room, which they did so without hesitation... Wow!!! what a difference!! The room is bigger, very modern, has ample cupboard/storage space. The bed and pillows are comfortable, the bathroom is big with a separate bath and shower and lots of light. The room is designed with European crossed with Thai influences. Personally I just loved it and it is even cheaper to book than the Garden Bungalow. I asked if I could move to the Shino room for the rest of my stay which the hotel allowed me to do the next day. I got a second level Shino room which was brilliant because it was truly private as no one could see into my room.

I recommend everyone to stay in a Shino room- you will not be disappointed!!!

Breakfast was great sitting outside and undercover in the morning beside the beach. Free WiFi was good speed. Staff were super friendly and helpful.

Yes the hotel is under a flight path but you do get used to it! The hotel is right in the heart of all bars and restaurants- Absolutely no shortage of choice and all in walking distance. They are building a new shopping complex scheduled for completion in 2014. I think it's called Central World or Central Festival. This will be a fabulous addition and it too is in easy walking distance. Plenty of ATMs, convenience stores, money exchanges and shops all located on the main road just outside hotel.

The hotel is located right on the beach, so a quick beach stay is never far away. My only other dislike was that the paths to the rooms/reception/beach are on lined with sand, which gets annoying as you are constantly finding sand in the rooms.

The hotel doesn't have a fitness centre, however, leading into their driveway right next door to McDonalds is a small gym

Really loved my stay here on my second trip to Chaweng. Even better than my hotel I stayed in last time which was a higher class!! If I come back, then definitely the Shino room. Thank you Chaweng Garden Beach Hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Chaweng Garden Beach Resort? Share your experiences!