I stayed here the last two nights during a round trip on the islands, and choose this hotel due to the location in the middle of Chaweng and with access to it's own beach, and I was not disappointed. There is walking distance to restaurants, bars, strand bars, beach, shopping mall etc.
When arriving in the reception, I was handed a bottle of water and a cold towel, and then I was upgraded to a spa room. Though I never used the spa since the water is a bit brownish and I simply didn't find the time.
The hotel consists of a number of bungalows placed along a path that leads to the restaurant, swimming pool and beach. As with many other places in Chaweng, it has seen it's better days, but I think they are doing the best they can, with what they have got. The room was spacious but seemed a little dark due to the dark wood. And it is not hermetically sealed - I had little gecko visitors in the room, but after 4 months in Thailand, I got used to the little fellas.
The restaurant next to the swimming pool could do with an upgrade of some kind - not very cozy. I had buffet breakfast, which was boring, plus a couple of snacks - french fries and mango-sticky rice, and those were ok.
I always get so sad when I visit a lovely beach and the sand is full of garbage like plastic straws, bottle caps, bottles, plastic bags etc. In my opinion people should clean after themselves, but apparently not all have learned to do this, and then I would suggest the restaurant personal, who weren't busy at all during the day, to be a good example and clean up after them.
The personal at the hotel from reception to restaurant and cleaning were all very kind.
All together I would say that this hotel is good value for money, if you are on a semi-budget in Chaweng.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Malibu Beach Resort is an intimate beachfront property offering a total of 34 accommodations, a full service restaurant and beach bar, swimming pool, and ideal central location in the heart of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. The property is nestled amongst lush natural foliage and provides a rich environment for those seeking to escape hectic city life. The resort's decor is based on rich woods and natural tones, incorporating Thai and Balinese accents throughout the property. Malibu Beach is perfect for those looking to explore Samui's attractions and activities, or just lay out in the sun and take in the beauty of the Gulf of Thailand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Malibu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Ban Chalok Lam
- Malibu Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng Beach