Bhundhari Spa Resort was our first accommodation as part of our 14-day stay in Koh Samui. My husband and I honeymooned there in September this year. The resort was a good ten minutes away, by car, from Koh Samui airport which was a relief after travelling on two planes to get to the island. It was also only five minutes away from Chaweng (the main town), by taxi or tuk tuk.
Upon arriving we were impressed at the colour schemes and external design of the resort. When we got to the lobby area we were greeted warmly and were attended to straight away. There was no wait for our room to be ready, which was another relief as all we wanted to do was relax and laze away in our room.
We stayed at one of the secluded villas. To get there you needed to ride on a buggy to get up on the steep hill. There were no problems walking down the steep hill, we just had to take extra care. It was a beautiful and picturesque area. We had our own private pool overlooking the rest of the resort and the ocean, with other small islands in the horizon.
My husband and I spent a good amount on spas, massages, manicures and pedicures whilst at the resort. It was good value. The environment was serene and peaceful. The Thai people really do great massages.
The resort could do with providing English lessons for their workers. The workers were really friendly and attentive, just their lack of speaking English hindered them a little.
We were provided with breakfast buffet for all the seven days that we stayed at Bhundari. The resort also provided representatives from travel companies to speak to us about activities to do while on the island. There were special themed dinners everyday at the resort, but not much activities to do. There was happy hour everyday, where if you buy one drink you get another free. The pricing of food at the resort for lunch and dinner is higher than if you trek to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set idyllic on a sloping hillside leading down to famous Chaweng Beach, Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas, Samui boasts 124 spacious guestrooms including suites and private pool villas. The resort’s tranquil location on Northern part of Chaweng beach is easily accessible from the airport and just less than 10 minutes away from the shopping and entertainment areas.The Southern Thai house design of the resort lends itself to a comfortable and natural feel, while the contemporary interior of the guestrooms offer sheer indulgence. All guestrooms have private balcony and modern amenities to ensure maximum comfort.For recreational facilities, the resort has 2 swimming pools, a spa with steam room and sauna facilities as well as a fitness centre.For dining options, Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui has 2 main restaurants and 2 bars. The Bay is an all-day dining restaurant perched on the hillside that serves Thai & International Cuisine. The Pearl is located on the beachside, serves Tapas, BBQ & International Cuisine. The resort ‘s Beach Bar and Mix Bar serve snacks and refreshment. In-Room dining service is available daily from 9.00 am to 10.00 pm.For conference and banquet facilities, the Bhundhari Conference room can accommodate up to 100 persons for meetings and private functions. The resort also specializes in organizing outdoor functions such as beach wedding ceremony.Make Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas your holiday destination in Koh Samui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bhundhari Spa Resort And Villas Samui
- Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui Hotel Bophut
- Bhundhari Hotel Bophut
- Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng Beach