After a long flight from London it was a relief to arrive at the hotel. The check-in procedure was painless, and the room was ready within 5 minutes of arriving.
I stayed in a hillside pool villa - wow! I thought I'd landed in paradise when the room guy let me into the villa. The bedroom was big with a huge bed, and a relaxation area behind it with a sofa. The doors opened up onto a wooden veranda with 2 sunbeds and a private pool big enough to swim in. I even had my own banana tree complete with lots of fruit in my 'garden'. The bathroom was a surprise as it was bigger than the bedroom, which had a sunken jacuzzi bath overlooking the pool. At the other end of the villa was an outside rain shower.
The resort wasn't too busy at this time of year, so if I didn't fancy lazing around my villa pool, there was always room at one of the other pools. I had upgraded to the executive club, which provided access to free soft drinks during the day, as well as snacks and alcohol during set times. It was well worth the money.
The hotel has a few amenities, including a couple of pool tables, one outside and one inside in the air con. It also has a small gym, which has all you'd need on holiday with killer views out to the sea (although I didn't spot one person in there during my whole 10 nights). The bars were fairly quiet, which was a good thing as you could choose from the peace there or opt to head off into Chaweng for a livelier time. There was a shuttle service from the hotel to Chaweng 3 times a day with the last one coming back at 10.30 pm. Tuk tuks and taxis were in abundance so getting in and out of town was never a problem.
I visited the hotel spa, which is a tranquil place. The Thai massage was a bit brutal, but definitely an experience!
I've read a few negative reports about this hotel on Trip Advisor, which is a shame. Staff speaking limited English and the hotel location seem to crop up a bit. Well, the hotel staff are mainly Thai, so it would be a good idea to learn a few Thai phrases before you visit the country. They do speak English, but obviously not as fluent as someone who was born in an English speaking country. It would also be useful to check the location of the hotel before a visit to avoid any disappointment if you had planned to be in the heart of noisy Chaweng.
All in all, I totally enjoyed my first trip to Thailand, staying at the Bhundhari. The hotel is in a superb location, and is surrounded in beautiful grounds. The staff are very courteous and friendly, and are supported by a very helpful English speaking General Manager.
- Also Known As:
- Bhundhari Spa Resort And Villas Samui
- Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui Hotel Bophut
- Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui Hotel
- Bhundhari Hotel Bophut
- Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set idyllic on a sloping hillside leading down to famous Chaweng Beach, Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas, Samui boasts 124 spacious guestrooms including suites and private pool villas. The resort’s tranquil location on Northern part of Chaweng beach is easily accessible from the airport and just less than 10 minutes away from the shopping and entertainment areas.The Southern Thai house design of the resort lends itself to a comfortable and natural feel, while the contemporary interior of the guestrooms offer sheer indulgence. All guestrooms have private balcony and modern amenities to ensure maximum comfort.For recreational facilities, the resort has 2 swimming pools, a spa with steam room and sauna facilities as well as a fitness centre.For dining options, Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui has 2 main restaurants and 2 bars. The Bay is an all-day dining restaurant perched on the hillside that serves Thai & International Cuisine. The Pearl is located on the beachside, serves Tapas, BBQ & International Cuisine. The resort ‘s Beach Bar and Mix Bar serve snacks and refreshment. In-Room dining service is available daily from 9.00 am to 10.00 pm.For conference and banquet facilities, the Bhundhari Conference room can accommodate up to 100 persons for meetings and private functions. The resort also specializes in organizing outdoor functions such as beach wedding ceremony.Make Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas your holiday destination in Koh Samui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fastbooking so you can book your Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.