“Poor manners by the maitre. Destroyed the whole experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Zaranda

Zaranda
Carretera Es Capdella-Galilea, km 1.7, 07181 Es Capdella, Calvia, Majorca, Spain
971-138 620
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The restaurant is situauted in Castell Son Claret and has a former michelin star chef who has just moved there
Tromso, Norway
“Poor manners by the maitre. Destroyed the whole experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I was there in sept for my girlfriends birthday. I had made a reservation 6 weeks before and I had gotten the confirmation through sms.

When arriving, it took us probsbly 1hour with taxi. The maitre(short haired women 40-60)
She looks at me like im an alien when i say i have a reservation. She says We dont have it but you can sit here becouse we have 1 cancelation. I show here my confirmation. But she didnt care.

Then we choose the large menu . They try to rush it so hard that we. Fellt stressed and uncomfortsble. We had all our snacks together with tje first amuse. A joke. This was not even late. 2100 we had the booking. But we were the last table.

The sommeliere from argentina was very good!
The chef de rang made strange noises from his throught the whole night.

Food was great but service ruin. Our experience. I was emberassed that this dinner was my birthday present for my girlfriend.

To bad for the kitchenstaff aswell. This behavoiur in the diningroom will surely make you lose tje michelinstar

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Limited Menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We selected the Michelin * restaurant as we were staying close by and love fine dining.
When the highlight of the evening was architecture, it tells you enough about the meal.

The menu was a very limited and the service deteriorated during the evening.
This then made the experience seem expensive.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“What a Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was apprehensive when I discovered this Restaurant was attached to the Hilton Hotel but the food was superb and a lovely location. Watch the local wine which is bit expensive compared to other quality Spanish Wines. The hotel is worth visit just to view, my party were speechless at its fabulous layout.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Initially concerned with "attached to Hilton Hotel" but so wrong. Hotel is converted old manor house with Zaranda restaurant to one side of magnificent cobbled courtyard with tables both inside & outside. Superb team led by delightful owner with partner Chef, escapees from Madrid to this idyllic location. Amuse bouche of red mullet - smoked - opened our eyes to proceed through the Menu Zaranda, some dishes just outstanding - black poached egg - amazing, glazed confit of Ox-tongue - scrumptious. Surpassed a 3* in Italy & even our favourite 1* in Scotland - sorry but true! Wished we had selected our own wine as not overly impressed with their selection of wines. Not cheap but excellent value for this quality of food. Well deserved Michelin* worthy of more.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amstelveen, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Great local foods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Service and cuisine deserving of the Michelen star. Sommelier was very attentive and entire staff was great.

Visited July 2012