“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Auckland Ellerslie

You added Ibis Auckland Ellerslie to your Saves list
Ibis Auckland Ellerslie
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   72-112 Greenlane East | Ellerslie, Ellerslie 1543, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ellerslie
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

On the positive side the rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. The room we stayed in was very small and stuffy which made sleeping uncomfortable. The air conditioning was also very noisy. Most disappointing however was the food. Flavours and selection were fine however the cooked breakfast was cold and the evening dining had run out of both fish and chicken very early evening and coffee from the machine had also run out.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We were sorry to read of the lapse in service you experienced; which was certainly not of the standard you deserve and we expect.
Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Wellington, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

So I arrived to find that a mistake had been made at the booking end through our travel agent, and I was in a room with 2 single beds. Not king singles - little singles that children sleep on. I'm 105 kg and singles don't cut it. They were booked out and couldn't offer me another room, however offered to re-make the bed in King configuration....for a $50 charge! I was tired after a long day and I can't understand why they couldn't accommodate me without charging an extra $50. I was made to feel pretty sub-human and foolish, although ended up paying the $50 anyway as I had no choice. Because I had "walked" into the room, I wasn't able to leave the hotel without incurring the full night's fees. So I was trapped. Oh - the first guy I spoke to said there wouldn't be a charge for remaking the bed, but then a snooty Asian duty manager had to reprimand him in front of me and say that I did have to be charged. What a joke, won't be back EVER.

Room Tip: Make sure you get your bedding config right on booking, or they'll charge like a wounded bull to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Auckland Ellerslie. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I understand you made an honest mistake and will be more than happy to refund the extra cost you had in order to change the bed cofiguration. Unfortunately I could not locate your booking using your Trip Advisor's profile, please feel free to contact me on the below e-mail, and I shall action on the refund;
h3060-fo01@accor.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is close to the centre of Auckland but it is especially good for accommodation for an event at the racecourse.

Its an Ibis so don't expect 5star luxury.... I have stayed in a lot worse and you do know what you are going to get.

Many of the reviews talk about the noise levels from the motorway. Stayed on the side that overlooks Green Lane and noise level was OK, which isn't a bad comment from me who is highly critical of noise levels.
The rooms were clan and looked after. The space capsule toilet/shower in the corner was interesting!

I didn't use the restaurant but the bar was good

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking Green Lane and not the motorway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We do appreaciate your comments.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I enjoyed a long weekend (3 nights) at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie. The service was excellent, with some of the friendliest hotel staff I have ever encountered anywhere. They really put effort into greeting with a smile and taking time to get to know you. That's a very rare thing these days, and sets this hotel way ahead of others. The other top scorer was sleep quality. You can't fault a great bed for giving a good night's sleep!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased that you had a positive stay with us.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Overall rooms are good budget option. Location is good for office in Penrose as you go against traffic. Car park is awful and when wet even worse. Also hate paying for wifi and this was not at all cheap.

• Stayed August 2013
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We appreciate your thoughts on our rooms and location. Regarding your comments on the carpark, please note that our Reception team will be more than happy to assist with parking whenever you need. Our Front Office staff will be more than happy to offer complimentary valet service, please let us know.
Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Ibis in Ellerslie for two nights for business. The rooms are incredibly small and you feel a little caged once in them, Internet is incredibly expensive, parking is a nightmare if you arrive after 5pm to check in as most business travellers would. Food was ok although after being told by the assistant manager that I could ask the restaurant to deliver the food to my room, I was asking too much for a plate clearly, instead I got three individual containers with my meal shared amongst them, really odd set up. Overall, if you can upgrade to another hotel in the Accor group, I urge you to. For what you pay for, it was fine, but parking really is a problem and I think there is an opportunity to consider business travellers and their needs much better.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your thoughts on the room and room service.. Thank you.

Been to Ibis Auckland Ellerslie? Share your experiences!