Stayed at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie for a two-day business trip. Wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the rooms, the exceptional service from the reception staff and the location of the hotel. I checked in late in the afternoon and was greeted by a friendly staff and check-in was done swiftly, the front of desk staff even asked what I had done to my injured hand. I had left my phone charger and when asked if they happen to have a spare, one of the receptionist had no hesitation to offer her own personal charge for a few hour. I was most impressed by this kind gesture. The hotel also offers a free 30 minutes wi-fi access around the reception/lounge area and a complimentary internet kiosk available at the foyer.
The Ibis is approx. 3 stars and therefore should not be compared to the neighbouring sister hotel, the Novotel which is 4.5 starts. However, don't judge the book by it's cover. I find the refurbished room at the Ibis very clean and tidy, maximises space very well, and comfortable. The bed is very inviting after a day of meetings. The only downside is that I felt the doors could do with some sound proofing. I could hear kids running along the corridor and other room doors opening and closing.
Despite being about mid-point between Manukau and Auckland CBD, it very well situated. The train station is about 2 minutes walk away from the reception, public bus stops are abundant on the Great South Road which is about a 5 minutes walk. There's a number of parks in close proximity, which makes it convenient for a short run to either start or end your day. Also nearby are several cafes, fast-food (McDonald's and KFC) or takeaways and a Countdown supermarket. The Sylvia Park shopping mall is about 15 minutes drive away.
Overal, I was very impressed with the Ibis, the restaurant and the bar during my brief stay here and have no reservation to come back - keep up the fantastic work!! To my fellow travelers, If you're ever looking for a practical hotel that is not in CBD area, I recommend the Ibis Auckland Ellerlslie.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Auckland Ellerslie Hotel Ellerslie
- Ibis Auckland Ellerslie Hotel
- Ibis Hotel Auckland
- Ibis Hotel Ellerslie
- Ibis Auckland Ellerslie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Ellerslie is located in the heart of Greenlane offering easy access to many Auckland attractions. The Ellerslie Events Centre and ASB Showgrounds are in walking distance, Vector Arena, Mt Smart Stadium and Eden Park are only a short train trip away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Ibis Auckland Ellerslie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.