We had a wonderful 10 days at Raffles Praslin doing simply nothing and enjoying good food, nature and our wonderful villa.
Basically we went to Seychelles for escape from work and city life and it is very nice place to be. We got a very nice villa, with private pool, summer shower, big terrace. All villas are more than 100 sq.m, so it is huge! Our villa was on very top of the mountain which was great - we got an amazing view, good walk to the restaurant to take breakfast (so you can even feell hungry:) and quite private. I agree with previous traveller that you do not get 100% privacy on your villas, however we do not care about that.
Food at restaurant is of high quality, fast service and quite fair prices.
We took bikes few times and went to the city and to one very famous beach (can not remeber the name). We also went to an island just opposite of Praslin to see huge turtles.
I want also say that birdlife is wonderful on the hotel territory, we saw all kind of different birds which have never seen before, even black parrots which are very rare as I read somewhere.
What I must say to the travellers choosing between Seychelles and Maldives - Seychelles is ok if you have not been to Maldives, you will definitely enjoy it. However I would personally go to Maldivies only because of its waterlife and amazing snorkeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Raffles Praslin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Praslin Seychelles/Praslin Island