“Once excellent- now very good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Once excellent- now very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Edna was always a sure bet. Great food for a very fair price. We've been eating there since it opened and watched the place grow, swallowed the less intimate ambience and more noisy and crowded layout because the food was delicious and the service was always very efficient.
Well, today we had the worsed waiter and had to wait ages for menus, he didn't tell us of today's specials and then he forgot us completely and we just sat there waiting. One if the dishes was not what he said because he didn't"t know they changed it. A replacement was offered by the manager and accepted.
The food is still very good.
I think we'll return but I hope not to see that waiter again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
Tel Aviv
“What happened to Edna?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I used to visit this place frequnetly with family or friends but something bad has been cooking there...
I just got back from a Friday night meal and it was just awful. My steak was chewy, my cousins chicken breast was cold, the fries were under cooked and raw, the waitress forgot half of our order and had a little accident where one of our dishes went flying to the ground (so we had to wait for a new one), 1 appetizer came as a main course (b/c the kitchen/waitress forgot it), the place was crowded and noisy, please stop me here - I can go on and on about how poor the service and food was.
So basically, very bad experience and after many years of loving this place, the standard is not what it used to be. I wont be visiting here again. Beware.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“An establishment in the city for many years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

There many few who didn't hear of this place over the years - certainly not if you're from Ramat hasharon. The place is a pillar of the community in the city of the Ramat Hasharon, and has been so as an establishment for over 20 years. The owner, Edna, based her home cookings and turned into fusion marvels as years progresses. As many of the place I've come to know, this place was known to by my parents as a kid.

Not far from the police station in Ramar Hasharon, next to some of the old neighberhood, this find cuisine restaurant is based on old middle eastern cuisine(Persian, Iraqui) with a twist of modern day cooking.

The place went a slight menu re-invention several years ago by Edna's son, in an effort to turn it from a family 'pot and pans dishes' to a more fancy place. You can now find upper class meat dishes and seafood which was not known before, for many years in this place. Wine and bakery are also present, which was unheard before.

DO NOT SKIP the mousse cake with biscuits! such a treat.

Edna - also tried to expand by opening branches in Tel Aviv and other cities. I know only of the failed attempt in Tel Aviv, which was forced to be closed by other means of force.

I've been going to Edna as a tradition for years. For at least 5 years of my life, I have visited every Friday in the afternoon!

The prices used to be more than reasonable, and offered an alternative to many other places. This is not longer the case, as prices went up.The big portions are still quite large, and people rarely finish their dishes.

Service continue to be very good and is mainly comprised of the feminine type, all from Ramat Hasharon.

*They used to have an incredible breakfast on Fridays/Saturdays. This is now available on a daily basis, yet not as special as it was.

Parking is available - as there's an industrial zone in the back.

They do not accept credit cards! be warned. Only cash. There's an ATM machine 5m away.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Assisi, Italy
“Heavy food But Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Been many times over the past years.Always excellent.You should like Kurdish style food to enjoy Ednas.If you do,this is the place to eat.Suggest you be hungry when you go,as meals are very filling and ecxeptionally tasty.Servie is swift and efficiant,but friendly and helpful.Usually very crowded so make a resernation.I especially enjoy their Beef Stroganoff !

Visited December 2012
Israel
“tasty and good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We visited Edna restaurant a couple of times, and always enjoyed the delicious meals, the hospitality and good atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013