“Ship Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Nairobi, Kenya
“Ship Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

As always very very good - even when crowded on a hot summers day. Home brewed beer excellent. Crab sandwiches are classic.

Visited June 2013

Leeds
“Keep it a secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Low Newton is beautiful. Apart from the lazy dog owners that you get everywhere, it is completely unspoiled. I really hope it stays that way.

This little pub is just perfect. I've eaten here a couple of years ago and when we visited this holiday, the food looked just as good. We only popped in twice - once for drink and pudding (having had sandwiches on the beach) and once for ice cream. The staff are lovely. The interior is lovely. The plum crumble was gorgeous. The green outside is lovely. Lovely alround.

I only wish that I liked beer because the home brew looks ace. Will be back next time with beer loving husband.

Bet it's a gorgeous place to visit in the winter too after a blustery walk.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belford, United Kingdom
“Great food, great beer, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My first visit to the Ship Inn this year, and what a great warm day to choose. It meant I could sit outside with my beer and crab stottie. If anything, I think the beer has improved since last year: I bought a few bottles to take home just to verify that. The crab stottie was nearly too big for me, really fresh crab and proper bread, with lots of mixed salad on the side helping me towards my 5 a day. Magnificent views over the beach towards Dunstanburgh Castle just completed my lunch.

Visited May 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great Dog Friendly Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Visited a couple of times recently for both just a drink in the afternoon, and also dinner in the evening. Service very good. Food very fresh and well cooked. Dogs Welcome in all areas of pub.

Visited June 2013
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
“What a fabulous spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

A very quaint pub in a beautiful setting, only thing missing was the sun! We visited here when my husband found it brewed it's own beer and he wasn't disappointed. Only had a drink so can't comment on food but I would love to call back maybe in the evening, imagine there are many tales of time at sea told here. This is what makes Britain different and we love it.

Visited May 2013