“A Home from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Kirby Muxloe B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“A Home from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

The team at the castle are extremely friendly and inviting, they couldnt do enough for me and my collegue.
They do a great evening deal for £11.99 3 courses and its perfect after a long day in the office. The staff just transferred the bill to my room and i settled in the morning when i checked out. My room was very warm and quite rightly the windows had restrictors on which didnt help but couldnt be helped however the receptionist couldnt help enough and got me a fan for my room. This helped a lot.
I would and will definately return to the hotel on a regular basis especially because of the price... I had the four poster room for £61 absolute bargain as its a lovely room with a very comfortable bed.
Would recommend to all.

Room Tip: Go for the exec-i paid 61 but the usual rate is71
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Kayte W, Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to welcoming you back at The Castle Hotel Goodnightinns. Kind regards, Kayte Whitehead General Manager

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Leicestershire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The Castle in Kirby Muxloe used to be a great pub/restaurant/hotel. Over the last few years t has rapidy gone downhill and stayed at he bottom of the hill. The place is a potential goldmine let down by a lack of staff and by staff who are are poorly trained/not trained at all and totally lacking in people skills. Service is poor, the decor has seen better days and a beautiful building lacks atmosphere and squanders the potential to be a real local in an affluent village.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
GoodNightInns, Brand Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear David, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the level of service was not up to our usual standards, your comments have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I arrived at the Castle Hotel after being driven there from the train station by a maniac with a dodgy sat-nav (also my holidaying buddy) so I was relieved to get to such a nice room with a decent (if quite small) bed on which to lie down, take some deep breaths and recompose myself and for my friend to simmer down and calm her road rage via a nice strong cup of coffee courtesy of the large selection of hot drinks on offer.
The hotel is in a great location, away from the noise of the motorway or busy roads but minutes away from local amenities, the city centre and many other places of interest (although the Castle was very hard to find, I assume it must have fallen down before we got there, never the less there was a great picture of the castle in the room so we just took a photo of that to fake the fact we had been there).
Because we are extremely poor, we were grateful a 24 hour ASDA was only a few miles away, allowing us to stock up on such important items as a 12 pack of passed their sell by date donuts, cheap energy drinks, a carton of Ribena and flying saucers. Our attempt at finding a pack of playing cards in the store were fruitless however despite the valiant efforts of a weird looking employee who went to check in the stock room, he returned five minutes later smelling of cigarette smoke but with no playing cards, I am certain he gave it his very best shot though, they after all only let decent folk work for ASDA.
During our trip we visited the local cinema, the famous Twycross Zoo, the impressive city centre courtesy of the park and ride system, 57 Starbucks outlets with my caffeine addicted friend, a Chinese buffet and many other great stores including Pound Land, Pound Stretcher and The Pound Shop.
As you can tell we had a fantastic time in Leicester, there was lots to do and the hotel was excellent for the price.
One negative point was the guest in the room next door, speaking in a dialect we couldn't place he was constantly slamming his door at 4 in the morning and generally making a nuisance of himself.
My travelling companion and I realise roads need to be built and motorway service stations need people to serve coffee in the Costa outlets but do they really earn enough money to drink three nights straight AND stay in a hotel and slam doors at all hours of the morning?
Surely not?
The guy also had a very irritating laugh and neither of us liked the look of him, but rather than complain and cause a fuss we just went about enjoying the rest of our break and spoke about him using very PC and inoffensive terms.
On the whole the break itself was fantastic.
I would highly recommend the Castle Hotel as well as the adjacent pub which makes a cracking fish pie.
Other notes, there is free WI-FI contrary to some reviews saying there is no WI-FI, all you need to do is sign up on your laptop, it's not the fastest but when it works it is fine, it however is not very good when trying to stream movies that have not come out in the cinemas yet from dodgy sites :-(
In closing I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget who wants to get away for a few days, it's the perfect alternative for those who do not want to stay in a Premier Inn surrounded by stationery covered with images of Lenny Henrys stupid face.
Excellent experience and would definitely stay again (unless of course I come into some money in which case we will be staying at one of the five star hotels we saw on The Hotel Inspector on Fiver).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!