“amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Marchwood B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here with my other half. The staff were very help full the food was amazing and drinks were not over priced I would recommend to anyone who wants to be in the forest

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
megan-1912, Manager at The Roebuck, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards
Megan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lancashire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My colleague and I stayed here in September 2011. Location was good Co-op across the forecourt, take aways straight outside the door and plenty of parking.
Positive note was the evening meal - I ordered Gammon and chips which was more than edible.
The room was an obvious 2 star room - everything we expected as we had booked a 2 star property, clean enough for 1 night and no more. The room did have a damp, old, not good smell.
Tea and coffee in the room.
Rubbish shower - no power and totally impossible to regulate the temperature.
We paid for the breakfast - filled in the sheet stating what time we wanted to eat and after the eveing meal we were quite looking forward to our breakfast, especially as we did not know the area and had a long working day ahead of us and a 5 hour drive home.
We came down the stairs in the morning - no sign of any staff, we waited for over 15 minutes, knocking on the door and going around the front of the building and looking in the windows with no sign of life.
AFTER booking this hotel I searched for it to confirm the hotels deails to make a complaint (I would have complained to the hotel direct on the day if there was anyone around to complain to) and saw other sites with reviews stating the staff did not get up to serve breakfast.
There were other hotels we could have chosen for the same price with breakfast so a real disappointing stay and I would advise other people to book one of the others. I would NOT RECOMMEND this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
megan-1912, Manager at The Roebuck, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hi

Im very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay, all showers have now been re fitted so this will eliminate the shower issue for any future guests. Please feel free to call me on 023 80663036 to discuss in further.

Kind Regards
Megan

Travelers are raving about these Marchwood hotels

Been to The Roebuck? Share your experiences!