“Awesome luxury escape!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome luxury escape!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Let me set the scene, my husband & I, along with our 6 month old baby & our dog had been camping for 4 nights in Dorset. We hadn't had much sleep & decided we needed a little bit of luxury before heading home. I found this hotel on trip advisor & it was so worth it!!

We arrived at around 7:30pm & checked in at the pub by extremely friendly staff. The lady took me to our room & I was shocked by how beautiful & large the room was!

I cannot fault anything about this room, the bed was soft, there was so much room, plenty of hot water, huge choice of tea, coffee & chocolate. Even little box of beaulie chocolates!

Breakfast had a wonderful variety of cooked breakfast plus cereal, pastry's, natural yogurt, juice etc.

Again staff were very friendly & helpful, nothing was too much.

This is defiantly 5 star b&b in my eyes & have no complaints at all, if I am ever in the New Forest again I will 100% be booking in here!

If I were to be extremely picky they could put small fridge & safe into the rooms. But this was the only thing missing & not really necessary.

Thank you for an amazing hotel!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

we had a roast beef dinner,oh my god blood was all over the plate,now if wed asked for extremely rare meat I could understand but come on in a roast dinner!! its not steak!! I took back to be met with rudeness,i even said it quietly so as not to alert other diners but wish I hadn't bothered. that's the way it comes said the landlord. now this was last year and I hope they've improved but that was enough to put me off with his attitude. also hope the kitchen hand has improved,a rather grubby overweight man with his trousers falling down was what we could see from our garden seat! yummy

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were looking for a boutique style hotel near to Southampton, and The Pilgrim Inn was perfect. The four poster bedroom was lovely and although fronting the road, we didn't experience any noise. We enjoyed a superb evening meal in the pub and the breakfast was extremely good. We will certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

On our travels we were looking for that quintessential British pub and found it in the Pilgrim Inn. Thatch roof and white washed walls. This Inn has a great atmosphere and excellent service. The room was well decorated and very clean. The meals were of an excellent standard and the Seafood Chowder was to die for (wish I had got the recipe, if the chef reads this send it through).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Perfect location on edge of the new forest, lovely accommodation one of the most comfy beds I have ever slept in!

Breakfast was delicious and there was a great choice I can recommend the pancakes and blueberries!

We would definitely stay here again when visiting the new forest

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chatham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed for one night over the recent bank holiday weekend and the rooms were absolutely gorgeous and the staff very attentive.

The pub was lovely and the food at dinner and breakfast was delicious

I would highly recommend the hotel and pub to anyone in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are different as it is a boutique hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just perfect, from the management and staff to the rooms and food and drink.
Sunday, Monday night stay with dinner are a bargain. Will definitely return here. The surrounding area has so much to offer.

Room Tip: Room 11 was wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Pilgrim Inn? Share your experiences!