“Brilliant food” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   390-392 Bolton Road, Swinton, Salford M27 8UX, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Swinton
“Brilliant food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We have been here several times and went on Saturday night for a few drinks and a meal. We started in the Ice Bar which is a really nice touch rather than going straight to our table. We hadn't booked as it was spur of the moment but the staff were more than happy to find us a table at short notice. The food as always was beautiful. I highly recommend the lamb which was cooked perfectly. The staff more than happy to help and very polite. The restaurant itself is clean well decorated and has a nice atmosphere. Will definitely be going again.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked a table at ISIS for a family meal a couple of weeks ago. It was early and there were only a 2 or 3 other occupied tables. The restaurant is nicely decorated and we were quickly shown to our table and given menus. Twenty minutes later we were still waiting for someone to take our drinks & food order despite there being 3/4 staff stood about together chatting. I had to ask for service.
Drinks and starters didn't take too long to arrive. Two of our party ordered minestrone soup. It was actually thin tomato gruel with some veg thrown in. The alternative soup was tomato (& basil I think) which says it all. The garlic bread was oily. The jug of water ordered with our wine & other drinks had failed to arrive & had to be requested again. We had a mixture of pasta/pizza which was average. Two of the party were ill during the night. We won't be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We ate here for my son's 18th and we will be returning for my second son's 18th. The place its self is lovely, nice surroundings, polite staff, food delish!!. It is a little more pricey, but well worth it. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed at this small hotel. The staff were very friendly and the place looked high end. I had booked two superior double rooms and was then told only one was booked, however, he checked my printout bookjbv and agreed to give us another room. When I first went in my room I was delighted, spacious and modern and somewhere to eat and work and a mini fridge. We had to request they give and Hoover the other doin as there was brick dust on the carpet from an earlier tv installation.
We went out for dinner but when we got back found it difficult to get off to sleep until after midnight due to the noise coming from the kitchen or restaurant below. It was a bit annoying as we had to be up early but I guess it's time be expected if you book above a restaurant.
I was not impressed by no mattress pillow protectors in the bed and no tooth brush holder or cup. I also had to wash my cups and spoons as they were a little grubby.
I also noted that walking about in bare feet in the carpet made my feet dirty.
In the morning we were horrified (in both rooms) to discover thick mould and hair in the runner if the shower screens and mould in the shower head. We complainedand were given one of our rooms for free but it left a nasty overall impression.
The staff are lovely and breakfast was delicious but we wont risk going back.

• Stayed October 2012
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

The food was great, tons of flavour and really a delightful Italian menu.

Something for everyone including my mother in law!

Not sure about some of the staffs service skills. But nonetheless a great meal out.

• Stayed October 2012
Kettering, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The staff were helpful and polite and the resturant/ bar area was nicely decorated and well laid out. The food in the resturant was ok however I do not think that chicken thighs stuffed with mushrooms , with roast potatoes,carrots and gravy! is exactly italian.
I stayed in room number one, which had a large bathroom but a very small bedroom. The room was above the kitchen, which was very noisy but the extractor fan on the outside of the wall made things worse. Not only did the room "hum" all night but it also seemed to be diverting all the kitchen smells into my room.
The rooms are advertised as luxury, I have stayed in many hotels and the room I was in at least was definately not. I stayed in a different hotel the following day a few miles away which was the same price and far better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Was really looking forward to our visit, but was completely disappointed. No lunch menu, partner had the lamb which was a special, just fat and potatos where awful and my pasta was cold. NOt brilliant for a fourty town lunch.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Isis Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!