“Great Place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here with my sister and niece in a triple room for one night to attend Robbie Williams concert at Etihad Stadium. We were greeted by a very friendly Dee who couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome. We were checked in quickly and a taxi ordered for us within the hour. Dee explained about the takeaways nearby(we were expecting to arrive back quite late)and that we could call ahead for the hotel to order on our behalf if needed. The room was spotless and clean and very roomy even with the third bed,which was no usual camp bed-full it was a full mattress and base with a huge duvet(my niece said it was like being in a marshmallow). We slept perfectly and our "grab and go" berkkie was lovely and enjoyed in bed still in our PJ's. Definitely would stay here again.....well done Hello Hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Where to start, having run out of a hotel due to how vile it was, my friend found this hotel for me very last minute. Couldn't have asked for better, yes it's dated in parts but quite clearly being done up, staff went well out of their way for us so much so we returned again two days later on our way home. Very clean, neat and tidy, will be our hotel if choice whenever we are back in mcr, thank you so much for helping my children and I save our weekend!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Overall i would describe my stay as pleasant however encounters with a certain member of staff caused it to be a hotel i do not plan to return to. The rooms were nice, clean and had a comfy bed, however shower gel and other toiletries were not provided. The majority of the staff were very warm,welcoming and friendly and i felt they were very helpful and kind.

But one of the employees was rude, disrespectful and therefore ruined my stay. I came across this member of staff on two occasions, the first in which he insulted my friend. The second time was coming back late at night to be greeted by a hostile and i believe to be intoxicated receptionist, he did not let us in the building but asked why we were there, we explained to get into our room in which he replied saying there was already people there, misunderstandings continued for a good half hour and witnessing the man sway as he attempted to find our room key made it all very uncomfortable.

Overall nice hotel and majority of staff very good, but sadly due to the above mentioned situation not one i would recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The carpets could do with replacing and avoid a room on the ground floor as who ever is upstairs you can hear them walking about.
May look a lot better when the restaurant next door is built.
Breakfast was fresh orange, a bacon and sausage roll and a muffin. Hot drinks were also available. All this came in a bag to take back to your room of you wanted.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hellohotelmanchester, General Manager at Hello Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to this opportunity to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, as it provides us with first hand impression of areas in which we need to improve.

I assure you that we are working closely together with our maintenance team to achieve the presentation level which it is satisfactory to our guests. Once we are fully functional with the Restaurant in the next door the overall hotel facility will look and offer a higher level of overall experience.

Our Relationship with our guests is usually excellent, which it motives us as a Team in delivering high level of service.
Thank you for taking the time in writting your feedback.

Sincerely yours,
Hello Hotel.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

After looking at various websites and photos I had high hopes for Hello Hotel and for the price and location (I was visiting for Tattoo Tea Party) expected a decent service.

On arrival I noted that the handwash dispenser didnt work and noted a bodywash dispenser but assumed this worked as it was all over the bath on arrival. The bathroom was clean in the main areas but skirting boards and floors were filthy as was the bin. There was no shower gel or shampoo or conditioner but on the wall was a sign saying toiletries would be available at reception so thought I would just ask in the morning as we were both really tired.

The bed was comfortable and satisfactory and they did provide water and coffee/tea which was nice. Again the room was hit and miss with cleaning.

In the morning I noticed the bath gel dispenser didnt work so sent my partner to reception. No soap, shower gel or shampoo was available. My partner had to drive to the nearest garage but could only get soap so I had to leave with unwashed hair. I thought for the price that toiletries would be provided as they usually are so didnt pack any.

The breakfast consisted of a bacon and sausage sandwich and orange juice and a muffin. No choice was given for breakfast and we wasnt told what was inside or asked if we were vegetarian. Im not, but did not want the bacon and sausage sandwich so ate just the muffin.

For the price the room and service was very average, for what we got I would normally expect to pay B&B rate, not 4 star hotel rate. I would not stay in the hotel again and will in future stay closer to the event we were visiting.

I would avoid at all costs for the price.

• Stayed March 2013
hellohotelmanchester, General Manager at Hello Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear that aspects of your recent experience in our Hotel have given cause for dissatisfaction and we appreciate you taking the time to write about it.
We usually have an experience of receiving very positive feedback from our guests. Having reviewed your comments, we assess your points one by one set training to develop our staff abilities to perform better and more importantly to inform our guest of what we do offer, like choice for breakfast, toiletries, and we have worked closely with our maintenance team on improving the function of our facility for an overall guest experience in our Hotel.
I assure that we take every feedback positively and work hard to create very welcoming and satisfactory stay for everyone of our guest.
I can only assume this was one of an incident and we look forward to welcome you back in near future for an enjoyable stay.

Kind Regards
Hello Hotel.
Epping, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was a last minute booking for me as I walked out of another hotel due to the room being a health hazard. The Hello Hotel in Swinton was like a breath of fresh air. I turned up, early Saturday with no booking, and was met by a very friendly receptionist. Shown a nice clean and spacious room and enjoyed a perfect nights sleep. Good powerful hot shower, comfy bed and even though it is situated next to a major A road the with the windows closed I couldn't hear a thing. When I left the following morning another very friendly receptionist had my 'grab and go' breakfast ready (a sausage and bacon roll, muffin and OJ). Tea and coffee plentiful. Will definitely recommend and stay again. You turned a nightmare situation into a dream! Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

booked out 3 rooms for a night out with mates in Manchester. Easy booking process, free car parking and friendly staff. Excellent location booked a taxi into Manchester, which cost around £12 for 6 of us. Very clean rooms, comfy beds and a nice breakfast bag in the morning plus free tea and coffee throughout the stay! Quality and Value

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hello Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!