“Anaversry meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Anaversry meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I had a very good meal as always when we come here.the service was good and not pushy . Will be going again in the future

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manchester, United Kingdom
“dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We got recommended to go here by family, I booked a table 2 weeks prior to going on Sun 9th Feb. We arrived told the staff we had a booked a table, to be told they could not find anything in my name, but has it was not over packed we got a table. on sitting at our table my husband went to the toilet so I mentioned to the waiter it was his birthday & would it be possible to do something for him, like a birthday drink or something coming over the microphone for him. As the night passed I asked somebody else what was happening, explained what I would like to have been done, but he said he didn't know nothing about it, didn't even go & ask anybody, pretty disappointing. I know the waiters/ waitresses ask if everything is ok, but they kept coming up every 2 mins, we didn't seem to get anytime to eat or chat with each other. The food seemed a little overpriced for the amount what you seemed to get. As we where leaving the boss, I presume to be the boss asked if we had enjoyed our night, I am sorry we had to say no, we gave him our concerns & said he would speak to the people involved, whether he did or not we don't know. we wont be going back to this overpriced restaurant, Felicinis at Monton any day.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Went here on a Sunday night for my partners birthday, all I can say is amazing. The service was the best service I have experienced. It was only our first time but we felt like locals, our waiter was hilarious and had us all in stitches, he introduced us to the owner. We mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday, the put happy birthday on over the speakers and all the staff came and sung happy birthday with a profiterole and a candle.
There was not one complaint about the food from our party of six. We all had starters mains and desert.
We will definitely be going back again.

Manchester .UK
“fantastic o”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

our family and friends go to puccini,s when ever we are in the area, its always top class, in fact it has to be, as lots of the local football teams are always in having a meal Its a family place, and most of the staff are relations,of the owner.
so you get well looked after, food is always excellent, not cheap, but not too expensive, and excellent value for money. Good drinks, wines, beers, spirits on the menu. , and again excellent service, I,ve seen a couple of poor reviews, they must be from other eating places, as Puccini, s is always busy, and Michael and staff are always on hand to look after you,as if you were a vip. some other new places opened up, but not a patch on this place,although, leo,s , danniel,es are good other places to try.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Best Italian in Manchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Had dinner the other evening with family.The warm welcome from the owner and staff was genuine. The restaurant is well laid out and has a nice feel. My eight year old grandson was fussed over and felt like a real VIP. Starters of Parma ham and garlic bread to share were delicious. The main courses of dover sole (one of the best I have ever tasted) chicken, pizza's and pasta were all exemplary and shows a kitchen that is confident and knows exactly what it is doing. Wines were chosen by the owner and were spot on and compared to London an absolute bargain.

A few reviews have been unfair in my view. Yes it gets its fair share of footballers and celebrities (even the prime minister and chancellor dined here recently). But Puccinis is about the food that is why it is busy even on a midweek night. Given its location in a Swinton shopping centre 15 minute drive out of the city centre it has to be doing something right and that is great service and food.

If you are staying in Manchester hop in a cab and give it a try you will be glad you did!

• Visited January 2014