“Best Italian in Manchester” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Best Italian in Manchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Had dinner the other evening with family.The warm welcome from the owner and staff was genuine. The restaurant is well laid out and has a nice feel. My eight year old grandson was fussed over and felt like a real VIP. Starters of Parma ham and garlic bread to share were delicious. The main courses of dover sole (one of the best I have ever tasted) chicken, pizza's and pasta were all exemplary and shows a kitchen that is confident and knows exactly what it is doing. Wines were chosen by the owner and were spot on and compared to London an absolute bargain.

A few reviews have been unfair in my view. Yes it gets its fair share of footballers and celebrities (even the prime minister and chancellor dined here recently). But Puccinis is about the food that is why it is busy even on a midweek night. Given its location in a Swinton shopping centre 15 minute drive out of the city centre it has to be doing something right and that is great service and food.

If you are staying in Manchester hop in a cab and give it a try you will be glad you did!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Gristleing with Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Had heard great things about Puccini's - other members of the party had eaten there before and really enjoyed it ....
The restaurant was overbooked & packed - heaving with customers waiting for tables, so both kitchen & front of house staff under pressure. This resulted in poor service from both. Drinks order mixed up twice - wine returned as incorrect.
Food ok - starters very pricey.
Chef's secret ingredient discovered as Penne Alla Giggs was ordered - 'minced fillet steak' stated the menu - no mention of the GRISTLE included.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, Uk
“Amazing !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant for several different occasions from just having an evening meal to my daughters 18th. Food was the best i have ever tasted, made fresh to order and exactly how i wanted it, the staff are always amazing, going above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. I have never found a restaurant as good as this !!!!!!!!

Visited January 2014
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I would not recommend Puccinis for anything not even a quick tea, it's far too pricy for that! The front of house staff were totally disorganised we had at least 6 different waiters, bread came twice, drinks came twice, we were asked for our sweet order before we'd ordered our mains and we had to ask for the wine menu. The seating was so cramped that my husband was constantly being asked to move his chair so that they could get past and we were served across at every course. Every waiter that went past topped up our wine glasses, in the end we had to tell them 3 times we would serve the wine ourselves.
The food, well certain dishes were passable but others were over cooked, cold or over powering. I had the prawns in garlic and white wine to start and if I'd flicked one it would have bounced off every wall! The smoked salmon was nice as was the Tiramassu but because I couldn't finish it I got a scolding from a grumpy waiter! We didn't want coffee but were asked 4 times for our order and again mr grumpy had an opinion.
Whether this restaurant has been good in the past I don't know but it seems to me they've gotten themselves a bit of a reputation and are now trying to maximise their profits and it's affecting not only the dinner experience but the food as well. They need to take out some of the tables, invest in some training for their front of house staff and give the kitchen a chance to get back to producing the standard of food that got them their reputation in the first place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We visited here for my wife's birthday and had a lovely time! The staff and management were very attentive without constantly mithering you and the food from the specials menu was delicious. We will be visiting again! Thank you