“Brilliant!!!” 5 of 5 stars

+64 800 921 6500
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Skydive Auckland offers the experience of a lifetime as Auckland's leading Tandem Skydiving and Skydiving Training provider. Imagine an insanity inducing freefall of at least 200kmph with breathtaking views of the skies and beaches of Auckland. Our customers are spoilt for choice with skydive heights of 9,000, 13,000 & 16,500 feet, the last of which is the highest skydive jump in the North Island, New Zealand. Skydive Auckland has 20 years in the industry, and are committed to providing a safe, friendly and enjoyable skydiving experience. Skydive Auckland is located less than an hour's drive from New Zealand's Auckland Airport and the central city, making it an easy adrenalin activity choice for locals and travelers alike.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Brilliant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Hi guys (and gals)

Just a quick note of thanks for our 16,5 skydive at the weekend.
It was a birthday treat for my daughter Leisha.
WOW. What can I say? Freakin Awesome dudes - that’s what!!!

Not only was the skydive totally off the planet! But special thanks must go to Billy, who made my daughter’s experience, one that she will never forget.(You rock dude!)...

...and Laci, who tandemed with me (Awesome man) ...and also the cool young girl sport diver, who also took Leisha under her wing (and became an immediate legend in my daughter’s eyes.)

Being in Sales and Marketing myself, I must make comment on the experience and your ‘customer service’.
You made us each feel very special, and took the time to make it a fantastic experience.
Friendly, interactive, and so professional.
Not only are you a credit to the sport, but a total credit for NZ -for tourists coming from around the world.

You guys rock –hard....and we will be promoting skydiveauckland to the hilt.

Cheers, and keep up your fantastic standards.You’ve got a very special team...including the backroom vid guys.

regards
Paul

Visited April 2012
Skydive A, Manager at Skydive Auckland, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and we are so pleased you and your daughter enjoyed the experience so much.

I must apologise for the delay in replying to this review, I only recently joined this great team. As you two loved your jump so much did you know we can give you a second jump for $175? You can also do the jump either with us or at our sister skydive centre Skydive Taupo! We would love to see you both again so please feel free to come back again.

Once again many thanks from all the crew especially Billy and Laci!

Auckland, New Zealand
“Awesome DZ in New Zealand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is a well run professional Skydiving business about 45 min drive north of Auckland CBD. The staff are super friendly and very experienced. The aircraft operated is a NZ made PAC 750 XL which has plenty of room and can seat up to 15 people.

This DZ is also Sport Skydiver friendly. Before you can Sport Skydive you need to get the all clear from the boss there who runs the DZ, having your licence and logbook handy. At the time I write this there is no hire equipment available for visiting qualified skydivers, but that will be sorted some time in the future so I was told. So visiting skydivers need their own gear in service etc. Normal exit height is 13000'. NZPIA High Altitude qualified skydivers can go to 16500'. Cost for Sport skydivers is NZD $45 (13000') and NZD $55 (16500'). Sporties need to ring the DZ beforehand to find out the times that loads are going up.

Like most Skydive businesses, Tandem Skydiving is the bread and butter of the business and they have a range of options which you can view from their website including an exit height of 16500'. They are slick with turnaround times for Tandem passengers and so there normally isn't problems with waiting around unless bad weather sneaks in.

There are drinks and ice creams for sale but no cafe or anything like that at the DZ itself. There are OK accomodation options a couple kilometres down the road and there is also a thermal pool complex in the local area. There are also basic shops near the pool complex.

All in all a nice DZ for New Zealand, professionaly run and if you do decide to jump then you will definately enjoy the experience.

Visited February 2012
Hi Johnno,

Many thanks for your feedback, really pleased you enjoyed jumping at the DZ and for describing the DZ in so much detail. I apologise the for the very late reply in acknowledging your review, I only recently joined SDA. Anyway, please feel free to share this review on Dropzone.com for other sports skydivers. I look forward to seeing you back here jumping again one day.

Thanks again from all the crew at SDA.
Auckland
3 attraction reviews
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

you can try the same experience for half of their price.
Also $99 for poor pix taken on GoPro camera is a total rip-off. If you want quality pix, find a place where another diver shoot you with a proper camera.

Visited February 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write up your review. I Have just come on board with Skydive Auckland and seen you have had no response.

Firstly I apologise for your disappointment with the cost though I understand your preference. However since you have written this review I also notice other reviews saying they are extremely happy with their DVDs. I know our team have worked hard and we will continue to do so to improve our DVD product. Once again thank you for your feedback.