“good lunchtime deals” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
“good lunchtime deals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I went to the Windsor with my family and all enjoyed good meals and good service. The lunchtime menu is good value and so to be recommended.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have never felt compelled to come straight home from a meal and submit a review until I ate dinner in the Windsor castle this evening. Bad service would be an understatement. We waited more than half an hour for each course. We were brought plates that where not what we ordered and worst of all we were ignored all night by the staff, including the "supervisor" who had no interest in appeasing us after explaining our issues. Stay away at all costs!

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Ye Olde Windsor Castle, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear pnmar5h

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Ye Olde Windsor Castle with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
“Misleading Lunch Menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had occasion to go to the Windsor Castle today with my Brother.
I had to go and find the menu myself and picked up the lunchtime special one.
With that in my hand we both ordered the 6oz rump steak and a portion of pate for starter.
When we went to pay we were presented with a bill for nearly £27 instead of £15.
It was pointed out that it actually said 6oz rump steak burger so we had been given rump steak off of the main menu, partly our fault I except but we had to pay £5 for the pate instead of £3 as we hadn't ordered a main meal off of the special menu.
That said the steak was quite nice apart from the fact that we were given each other's by mistake and the pate came with such a small portion of butter it would hardly touch the two doorsteps of bread.
Fortunately the lady took nearly fifteen minutes and still hadn't returned to take our order for a sweet so we didn't bother.
One thing I would like to know is why did she return with the lunchtime special menu when we would of not been eligible for the reduced rate sweets?

Visited April 2014
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Ye Olde Windsor Castle, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Tony G

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Ye Olde Windsor Castle in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer
Poole
“A reasonable pub meal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

A spur of the moment visit, but a pleasant and hot meal within a good atmosphere (though not a busy evening, can imagine it could become hectic). Staff are polite and approachable. The quality of food was reasonable and there was not a long wait for food. The menu is a good variety with numerous choices.

Epsom, United Kingdom
“Hygiene poor and food poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I visited an old friend in Bookham and decided to visit here as it looked lovely outside. I ordered a lemonade but the bar tender served a scratched glass with lipstick marks. I asked for fresh drink with a clean glass but i could not tell if the glass was clean as this was also scratched and old. I tasted the drink but the tap lemonade was also flat.
I then ordered a Cheese and Ale Chutney sandwich. The manager (lady) served a plate with a large sandwich and asked if we require sauce. (No knives or forkes, no salt and pepper and no napkins were offered). I opened the sandwich which was full of chutney with a pinch of grated cheap cheese in it. The manager came back and i asked if she could take some of the chutney out and put a normal amount of cheese in it . She apologised and she brought it back packed with cheese but still the same amount of chutney! I took four five bites after scraping out the chutney and after getting a mouth full of butter i left it. My friends words were " i never come here as it is always bad food". Never again!!!

• Visited April 2014