“Proper food n drink in a lovely pub” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Specialising in locally sourced ingredients. Winner of the Local Food Award of the Year for the last 3 years in Herefordshire.The Three Horseshoes Inn has been Awarded a GOLD in The Flavours of Herefordshire Simply Herefordshire Class 2012/2013.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Proper food n drink in a lovely pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Real country pub with good food, home made and delicious great drinks and an immaculate garden. Lovely local walks and bus connection from a few miles away to Worcester and Hereford to make the walk not too far. Fantastic

94% Recommend
West Midlands
“2nd visit - even better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Well this was our 2nd visit and my friends' 3rd after discovering this great find. Both of us are over an hour away by car so we don't get to meet there as often as we would like. So straight to the food! Something on the menu for everyone, this time I went for the chicken in what tasted like a honey and mustard sauce. It was huge, and so moist - absolutely delicious, especially with the sauce. I had sautéed potatoes and some nicely steamed veg. My friend had a rich lasagne and a mixed salad - she loved it. All in all, another enjoyable outing! PS Very reasonable too1

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“MOUTH WATERINGLY GOOD FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were invited by friends to celebrate a big birthday and despite being a party of 20 everything was first class. The food was delicious, I had the haddock and prawn smoky to start, I had promised my husband that we would share starters, he had devilled kidneys, I found it hard to swap BUT when I did I just loved the kidneys. The lamb shoulder was divine and the creme brûlée to die for. The service was impeccable and we will definitely be back for more.................

“Super meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visited today for my good ladies Birthday. A Monday lunchtime, was quiet, but very, very nice.

We'd both taken the day off work and Tripadvisor reviews brought us here for somewhere nice to go for a meal.

The staff were very friendly, attentive and nice. They even sang happy birthday as they brought out dessert on a birthday plate, with a candle in my wife's chocolate torte (which was heavenly).

Food was super! I had the steak with mushrooms/peppered sauce, my wife the lamb shank - both meals were lovely.

A bit out of the way, but worth a special visit for excellent food and service.

We sat in the sun room area and admired the lovely garden on a very pleasant sunny afternoon. I got top marks from the wife for finding such a great place to eat, but it's the staff at the Three Horseshoes who deserve the credit.

• Visited April 2013
Bromyard
“top quality food, wine and hosts!!! try it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

superb food, beautifully presented in decent portions.....pate...home made with garnish, vension on celeriac mash....a real British taste experience washed down with top notch Tanner's ( local wine merchant) claret....they have a special food night soon...already full up!!!!! decent prices for top value food......try it....its a bit out of the way but once you find it you will remember where it is for next time! watch the temperature for where you sit,,,inside warm, main restaurant slightly colder and the glass room either very cool or very hot....although the host very kindly advised us on this..a thoughtful point! at the other end whats looks like a very fine beer drinking area well separated from the dining....might try that too one day.....might be a caravan site or similar close by so maybe need to book up in summer months...landlord was giving out provisions to a holiday couple so they seem to get that extra special treatment as well!

• Visited April 2013